"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Don't Bully Incels

corrector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 12, 2009
Messages
10,391
Reaction score
4,058
@corrector I am a Christian as well but there is a reason why there are so many Incels in the church. Just replace single mother programming with moral programming to the point where you are unable to calibrate to the realities of nature.
The devil wants to be incel so I can get mad at God and watch porn. It is the devil's fault, not God's fault.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

corrector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 12, 2009
Messages
10,391
Reaction score
4,058
@corrector and @ShePays... You two.. Can you guys get a room already? This is like the third thread in a month you two have been going back and forth attacking each other. That's uncool and undudely. Respectfully, quit it. We're all here to help each other, and we're all allowed to have a difference of opinion.
What are the other two threads?
 

corrector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 12, 2009
Messages
10,391
Reaction score
4,058
As much as I'd like to put ShePays on my ignore list, the advise about acting school and the mental prison is still interesting as it reminds me of good types of dystopian fiction. There is a book known as the "Brave New World" (1931) that portrays a dystopian society where everyone gets everything they want and is always happy and are all programmed to die at the same age but independent thought is forbidden. That book sounds more like a prison if society ever gets that advance. There are no incels in that society, but it's not one I'd want to be in since I'd value celibacy over losing independent thought and being as a herd as everyone else, or being common. This is the stuff for worldly people to engage in because it's mundane. No wonder the author would have used sex as a stupifier in that book. There are other dystopian movies out like Gattica (1997) or Equilibrium (2002) and Fahrenheit 451 (2018) that have social orders that are real mass socially constructed mental prisons. There is no shortage of these types of dystopian worlds in fiction, but incel is normally not a thread in those types of movies.
 

corrector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 12, 2009
Messages
10,391
Reaction score
4,058
Personally, i haven't read all of your posts, and suspect you haven't read all of mine, nor would I expect you to. However, my primary frustration with YOU personally, was the impression that you were playing games, to just keep me engaged with you, that you were being intentionally dodgy, and i didn't care for it. You talk like a b!tch, like I'm supposed to know everything you've written elsewhere, that withholding information relevant to one conversation is cool, because it was revealed in a different conversation, with someone else. That's either the most feminine, contorted, deluded, self-absorbed act of narcissism to ever come from a "dude," or you're just a sad lonely person looking for attention. Either way, I'm out.

My objection, from the beginning, was with your adoption of that rancid incel label to describe whatever you are, but you clung to it, insistently, while insisting it wasn't what everyone knows it to be. I was wrong; you deserve the label you've chosen.

Fvck off. You're on my ignore list, going forward, whether or not I'm on yours. From now on I intend to automatically place anyone identifying himself as an "incel" on my ignore list. I've run out of patience with you people.
Thank you for showing your true colours all along.
 
Last edited:

touma.akagi

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 12, 2017
Messages
256
Reaction score
102
Location
-
I don't think it's so much that some men hate the incels so much as they like to shame them for incompetence, perceived/misunderstood or actual. And there is a difference. "You did x and y? Oh man what a dumbass" shouldn't always be interpreted as "I hate you"
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Top