Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Don't bother getting a pet from a shelter or rescue, here's why.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I have had a few members DM me asking for advice on how to get a dog given a thread I posted on it a while back, basically saying how Chads and Stacies get their ideal dogs versus an incel that tries to.

Shelters and rescues have America in a moral stranglehold.

Think about it, you hear the whole "adopt don't shop" nonsense and they try to play it up as how these dogs will die or won't find a home unless someone adopts them. Every Karen, SJW, Feminist, and lunatic is hyping up shelters and rescues as havens for getting a dog. This is where shelters and rescues make their bread and butter, by using guilt trip tactics. It is no different than a feminist telling you to screw fat chicks because you are a "real man" as opposed to going for the women you actually want. Most normies fall hard for this and end up being put through the shelter and rescue process. They want you to get the 12 year old Greyhound with his ear chewed off and likely temper issues. Yet, I am not saying that getting a dog from a shelter is in itself a bad thing, the reason I am discouraging it is because.....

Of how the process works.

If you try to get a dog from a shelter in any big city, here is what it will involve:

1. Fill out a bunch of paperwork (social security number required).
2. Get told why you are not a good fit for most of the dogs they have.
3. Likely get turned down because you don't have a house with a 6 ft yard.
4. In the off chance you get accepted, you have to agree to letting them inspect your house.
5. Most of the times, they will make you agree to letting them drop by your house at anytime to see if the dog is doing well and taking the dog away if they feel it is not.

Rescues are ten times worse which is why their dogs rarely get adopted.

"But I am a good person and I care for animals"

You don't want to get a pet store puppy or one from a breeder because maybe its a puppy mill? Well, a lot of puppy mills rebranded themselves as rescues after the government cracked down on them. The pet store puppies or puppy mill puppies? They go to shelters and rescues where the costs are higher and you get put through a background check. In other words, if you get a dog from a pet store or even say Craiglist where a family is moving and has to get a new owner, you still rescuing the dog. Getting a shelter dog does not make you a better or worse person.

So how should you get a dog?

Look, if you want to go the shelter or rescue route, do it but I'd recommend going to a smaller city in a red/Republican state where shelters are likely to want to stick to their mission, getting the dog a decent home. Other ways to get a dog are:

1. A reputable breeder for a specific breed (be ready to pay a lot and wait a while, some might also be like shelters and thoroughly inspect you)

2. Craigslist, risky but I have seen this work out surprisingly well for people.

3. Facebook groups, especially for your desired breed. Ideal if someone is moving and needs to rehome their dog.

4. "Backyard breeders", you might not want to get a pitbull this way but these are breeders that happened to accidentally have a litter through their dogs or their pet had one. Risky but it has worked as well.

5. Pet store. Illegal in some states like NY, CA, and Maryland (go figure, it's the most liberal dumps) but legal for puppies to be sold in most other states. Not all are puppy mill puppies.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this. Back when I lived in Florida, the process was fairly simple and non evasive. Then again, this is predominantly a "red state."

I now live in another state (although "red" my city is the largest and is "blue"). I have two dogs.

The one thing that irks me is when people look for opportunities to say "oh, he's/she's a rescue." There's no modesty or altruism in that. Just plain ole virtue signaling.

Great post - I learned something.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this. Back when I lived in Florida, the process was fairly simple and non evasive. Then again, this is predominantly a "red state."

I now live in another state (although "red" my city is the largest and is "blue"). I have two dogs.

The one thing that irks me is when people look for opportunities to say "oh, he's/she's a rescue." There's no modesty or altruism in that. Just plain ole virtue signaling.

Great post - I learned something.
Florida ain't what it used to be despite us becoming more red yet again in recent years. Miami is awful for getting a shelter dog. I decided to at least give it a shot and it was the same stuff with the local shelters, same virtue signaling thanks to the Karens from up north flooding here in droves. Thankfully, we have pet stores here that do sell puppies and certain ones are really popular so most hot girls, Chads, and the cool kids get their puppies from there.

God Bless Latinos for making Miami great, the Anglos would ruin this city in a heartbeat and probably will if they keep flooding from dumps like Massachusetts.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol it was Cocaine that made Miami great

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GeoMaxxing and owning a pet are completely incompatible. Coincidentally, I once rented a room for a few months from a woman that was into pet rescue.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's very difficult now to find a Millennial woman (1982-1996) who is unattached and not a pet owner. Millennial women are pet obsessed. Since the early 2010s, I have found it challenging to find petless women. I don't foresee Gen Z women to be any better about this. A good portion of Gen Z is now over 18. The oldest Gen Z's turn 25 in 2022.

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We need more post like these awesome stuff very eye-opening

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People like this is why the process has to be difficult. What everyone conveniently glosses over is that most rescue/shelter dog are damaged goods. The average virtue signalling pet owner is more interested in what the pet will do for them than in caring for them, and they won't be able to handle a dog that is likely to be needy af and destructive if not given attention 24/7.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are plenty of purebred shelter dogs, especially if you like German shepherds. People get a puppy, lock it in the backyard with no attention, then expect it to turn into rin tin tin and raise their kids for them. That's how I have my dog. There are a lot of breed specific rescue groups on Facebook. Petfinder.com will let you search by breed.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are plenty of purebred shelter dogs, especially if you like German shepherds. People get a puppy, lock it in the backyard with no attention, then expect it to turn into rin tin tin and raise their kids for them. That's how I have my dog. There are a lot of breed specific rescue groups on Facebook. Petfinder.com will let you search by breed.
That might be true but if you get a purebred from a pet store, backyard breeder, or Craigslist then it is straight transactional. Get one from a shelter or rescue?

1. Tons of paperwork.
2. They ask for your social security number alongside payment.
3. They want to inspect your home.
4. They make you adhere to the fact that they can drop in at any time and take the dog away so its never really your dog.

Now you are down south so maybe in the deep south states its doable but anywhere else? Especially in blue states, impossible to get a dog from a shelter.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People like this is why the process has to be difficult. What everyone conveniently glosses over is that most rescue/shelter dog are damaged goods. The average virtue signalling pet owner is more interested in what the pet will do for them than in caring for them, and they won't be able to handle a dog that is likely to be needy af and destructive if not given attention 24/7.
Yes and no but the issue is that the process should not be difficult if these are dogs that really need homes. My personal problem has less to do with the process being difficult and more to do with how these people want to hog up all ads and make you feel like satan for not adopting a dog. Then they want to ban sale of dogs from pet stores and make it so you have to go through a picky expensive breeder to get the breed you want. Shelters and rescues are truly some of the most wicked people in this country, they are really cash cows that also crave power and control rather than well being of dogs.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I stand 100% against the title of this thread, but honestly it is hard to disagree with anything else you say. The answer to the shelter people is to just lie to them and tell them what they want to hear. That's how I got my $150 chick magnet. To the credit of your remarks about red vs blue state adoptions, she did come from rural southern Indiana.

Attachments

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I stand 100% against the title of this thread, but honestly it is hard to disagree with anything else you say. The answer to the shelter people is to just lie to them and tell them what they want to hear. That's how I got my $150 chick magnet. To the credit of your remarks about red vs blue state adoptions, she did come from rural southern Indiana.
I think again, it depends on where the shelter is now and the state. A lot want to actually see your home, inspect it, and then be able to check up on a dog at any point after you have adopted it to make sure you are being a good boy. If I had it my way, I'd take an older dog over a puppy anyday but shelters and rescues have become unreasonable.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think again, it depends on where the shelter is now and the state. A lot want to actually see your home, inspect it, and then be able to check up on a dog at any point after you have adopted it to make sure you are being a good boy. If I had it my way, I'd take an older dog over a puppy anyday but shelters and rescues have become unreasonable.
Now they're checking to see if you support gun control.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't care for owning a pet, but if I ever did, I would have it bred specifically for what I have a liking for. I never liked rescue pets.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There tends to be a heavy overlap between radical left wingers and the love of getting dogs from shelters and rescues. You will rarely meet a Republican at a shelter or a rescue.
I think it's more than just virtue signaling. A lot of leftists were outcasts growing up and identify with rescue animals. And in that vein, they can relate to an abused animal more so than most other people. But their own victimhood will trump the animal's victimhood.