Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Does the Job I Have MATTER?

FMCSMT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I do well for myself. I make six figures and that allows me to live comfortably in 3,000 sq ft home I had built a year ago. I’ve scored some hotties but they always seem to be single moms. In fact, I don’t recall sleeping with a non-mom off the top of my head. I’m also a dad, 50/50, 3 kids, but I keep that life separate from dating.

At the end of the day, I make good money, gym everyday for last 5 years, but another thread peaked my interest.

I’m a mechanic for a dealership. I have been for 20 years now. I sometimes wonder that if being in this trade limits the quality of woman I seem to attract or does it matter? Median income where I live is $58,000/yr. I also own a shop that I personally make about another 20-30k/yr very part time.

I clean up well and have been told I’m attractive by many women but I wonder if the dirt ball side of my life deters the single no kids pre wall with steady job/life balance kind of girl?

I’m very Red Pill and up front with each single mom I date - keep kids out of here, fun and bang, vasectomy, will never marry - on average lasting up to 3 months per lady (or ladies was last year’s gig). They figure out quick that there’s no providing coming from me and can’t be changed so rotate around they go.

I am curious what thoughts might be relating to type of job?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would think you would meet a lot of single women working as a mechanic.
It's a classic "male gender role" type of job, so I don't think it would hurt you any, unless you walk around after work covered in filth.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's one of the last remaining "real man" positions. Right there with any tradesman, farmer, basically anyone who uses their hands and/or gets dirty.

Your's is a noble and necessary profession, unlike "Instagram Model." Seriously.

Keep your frame, you appear to be slipping a bit wondering if your occupation is "good enough" for high-value women. Bigger question: Are they worth YOUR time investment? F*uck them if they don't like what you do for work--and I would say in those exact terms, but that's just me.

Keep going cowboy.

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's not the job that matters, it's the confidence you exude. you could be pulling weeds during the day and banging every hottie you work for/next to at night. you could be homeless and broke, but if you have the game you could still pull it off.

looks, game, money, have at least two.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah women's rule of the 6 6'es rule apply.

The Six Sixes rule:
six-figure salary
six feet tall
600 horsepower car
six-pack abdomen
(At leeast )six months since last relationship
Six inches penis

and the confidence to prove it (or you will fail miserably).

Hal9000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jobs do matter and there is certainly a class of women out there that would never date a mechanic or many other professsions out there. I'd guess the vast majority of women, however, would have no problem with it. Sounds like you're getting dates but just haven't found the right match yet so keep trying.

ERB

Don Juan
Reaction score
I tell women that I am an elephant breeder. They usually forget about asking what I do for a living after that. Have fun with these chicks brother!

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Yeah women's rule of the 6 6'es rule apply.

The Six Sixes rule:
six-figure salary
six feet tall
600 horsepower car
six-pack abdomen
(At leeast )six months since last relationship
Six inches penis

and the confidence to prove it (or you will fail miserably).
Haha, but few people could safely handle 600 HP.

Where I live, plenty of people crash with 150 HP on a sunny day with no traffic lol.

I also suggest we add “Norwood -6 to 0” and call it the Seven Six’s.

Last edited:

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm just being honest - I hear "I'm a mechanic" and I think dirt grease and uneducated. Not "astute, dynamic, accomplished, interesting"

I can usually glean a bit of intelligence based on conversation so the mechanic title may or may not throw me off depending on the lead up conversation.

Since you are concerned about the label, maybe spin it a little to sound as accomplished as you are? "Automotive consultant expert" with some snappy description that leads her away from thinking you're simply a grease money.

Then she'll get to know who you are, see that you are accomplished, and not care what you do because you are quality.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm just being honest - I hear "I'm a mechanic" and I think dirt grease and uneducated. Not "astute, dynamic, accomplished, interesting"

I can usually glean a bit of intelligence based on conversation so the mechanic title may or may not throw me off depending on the lead up conversation.

Since you are concerned about the label, maybe spin it a little to sound as accomplished as you are? "Automotive consultant expert" with some snappy description that leads her away from thinking you're simply a grease money.

Then she'll get to know who you are, see that you are accomplished, and not care what you do because you are quality.
^^^ DON'T do this. Reeks of needing approval and lack of confidence.

Own your profession. Honestly, since you have a manly job AND make good money, you have the best of both worlds. You are weeding out the gold diggers who aren't worth a damn anyway, not even for cvm dumping, most of the time. You are living the dream, bro.

Well, they ARE good for cvm dumping I guess. Plus I like to dominate the high class bitches too.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some girls will be put off by the fact that you are "working class", even if you make good money at it. Doesn't mean you should change occupations because of that but it's a fact. This is particularly true of women who consider themselves "educated" and work in white collar fields.

Last edited:

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Some girls will be put off by the fact that you are "working class", even if you make good money at it. Doesn't mean you should change occupations because of that but it's a fact. This is particularly true of women who consider themselves "educated" and work in white collar fields.
Agreed.

Off topic, I will just add that the term “working class” irks me.

1. White collar people aren’t considered working class.

2. Does this imply that white collar people don’t work lol?

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed.

Off topic, I will just add that the term “working class” irks me.

1. White collar people aren’t considered working class.

2. Does this imply that white collar people don’t work lol?
Yeah, the term makes no sense in contemporary society, where pretty much everyone works. In earlier times, there were people who worked with their hands (i.e. working class) and the "leisure class", meaning the aristocracy who owned land and lived off the rents they received from their tenants. If they took on occupations (i.e. being a lawyer, military officer, scientist, etc.), it was seen more as public service than "work".

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's not the job that matters, it's the confidence you exude. you could be pulling weeds during the day and banging every hottie you work for/next to at night. you could be homeless and broke, but if you have the game you could still pull it off.

looks, game, money, have at least two.
If you have looks and money but no game you will get taken advantage of. It's game and one other thing

SeekerOfTheWay

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The job itself isn’t necessarily what’s important. It’s more will your income be enough so that we see you can handle your own business and do you work consistently. Are you paying your bills on time, have decent credit, savings for future and/retirement fund, play money for trips and fun things? We like security above a lot of other traits. Even when we make our own money, we need someone who can take of themselves, and preferably makes more than we do.

I have different criteria for different ages of the men i see. The older men (12+) must have lots of money because their sexual prowess is fading, they aren’t in shape they were at 20/30, many have hair issues and then as they age medical stuff comes up. So to balance that out I like them to pretty much pay for everything we do together: meals, trips, if he used resources at my apartment he needs to replace them. Might see cold or gold digger-ish but that’s not the case. These older dudes know the deal and are happy they have something to offer. They also need fun toys (sailboats, motorcycle etc).

The other guy i see is my age and so as long as he works steadily, Income and what job he has doesn’t matter. We split the cost of everything we do (i make more than he does) and he doesn’t toys We do road trip and concerts together. If he was too broke to do fun things, I would drop him.

My guy 7 years older lies in the middle of those two with my expectations. He mostly pays for anything we do but once in a great while i will (or at least offer and mean it).

Please don’t make up a BS job title. Thats so obviously reeks of insecurity. If you are steadily employed that’s most than A LOT of men out there and be proud of that! Even if you have a “crap” job and we see you are responsible and better yet REALLY GOOD at your job, we will respect you!

I will say for me personally it is a turn on when a man makes a lot of money and is an expert in his field. Again this isn’t a gold digging thing as i do well myself and live within my means and am comfortable. It’s more of a dominance and power thing that’s a turn on. However these men are not necessarily LTR material and i have experienced most times they are players at a younger age until about 50s and then when are still spinning plates at 55+ it becomes a but pathetic and they lose the appeal.

Last edited:

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have looks and money but no game you will get taken advantage of. It's game and one other thing
You can be taken advantage of regardless. Game is simply your ability to get laid. You can be spineless and have game.

Last edited:

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
You are operating in the fake world. A women will sleep with lowly paperboys as well as established entrepreneurs. There is no rhyme or reason other than she’s attracted.
She can call it whatever she wants.

They seek masculinity and how that makes them feel. The real question is, does she feel feminine around me?

You own a business. Is she looking to have a husband or is she looking at you as a sexual opportunity?

All of this is the wrong model. You are looking at it wrong. This is all a manipulation. The idea that your profession could be a hinderance is a manipulation. The question is...are you a competent man?

Trust me when I say that woman has already slept with the worst possible men already.
A woman’s preferences are NOT your business. All women would take a powerful millionaire. At least for a spin. Duh.

I know a $hitload of women, attractive women, who love it when a man knows how to work with his hands. The women who demand a high end businessman is the worst type of woman possible.
She’s absolutely, purely self interest to a point of being sick.

If women want tall, dark and handsome...why do you see them with men who are not?

Last edited:

17 shots

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women who really like me, don't give a damn what I do. They don't even ask me most of the time