Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Does she like me and how can I ask her out?

Brutum Fulmen

Reaction score
Apologise if this turns out to be a long and boring thread.

I've known this girl on my University course for the last month or so. We only see eachother once or twice maximum each week due to being on different modules.

We've spoken on several occasions and it has come to my attention that she'll tend to sit next to me in class. We speak mainly during the seminars, until last week.

Following a workshop last Monday we headed downstairs with to of her male friends. Suddenly she turned off another way and I called out and asked if I could come along (a bit weak, I know).

Her two friends went off and I joined her. We grabbed some coffees and sat down facing eachother on a sofa.

We spoke for just over an hour. The conversation was full of questions asked by both of us, teasing/banter, laughing/giggling, very good and long eye contact and it felt just great and fluid.

At the end she says "Thanks for waiting with me" to which I replied "Who said I was?". She laughed and kind of lurched out of her seat when she did it, almost as if she was going to playfully hit me.

Another thing, which is definitely not related to her liking me or not, she was wearing a crop top during the lesson and oh my ****ing god her body is top notch... I couldn't stop looking.

So my questions are:

- Do you think, through the information I've given you, that she might like me... are they IOIs?

- If they are, how can I ask her out?

and finally...

- I've touched her several times, but she hasn't touched me back: is that a bad sign?

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Use the search function and you'll find hundreds of posts just like yours that the already been answered.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
Would it hurt to answer one last one :)
Look. If you approach ANY woman this way, you have already lost.

You like her and you spoke with her. You could have asked her out then and there.

Who gives a damn about IOIs, whether or not she likes you or who touched who?

All you need to do is ask her out.

Can you handle that part sport?

Brutum Fulmen

Reaction score

You like her and you spoke with her. You could have asked her out then and there.

Who gives a damn about IOIs, whether or not she likes you or who touched who?

All you need to do is ask her out.

Can you handle that part sport?
What way exactly?

I know very well that I should've asked her out when we had the chat, but of course anxiety took over and I ended up letting her walk away without even asking her number.

I just overthink far too much and it makes me so angry with myself. I don't know how to anymore.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
What way exactly?

I know very well that I should've asked her out when we had the chat, but of course anxiety took over and I ended up letting her walk away without even asking her number.

I just overthink far too much and it makes me so angry with myself. I don't know how to anymore.
You're not going to ask her out.

So asking 'what way exactly' is unimportant. It's your way of not doing one of the simplest things there is.

Look, it's okay. Anxiety affects a lot of guys, overthinking too. And you do know how.

Until you get that the only way to ask someone out is to ask someone out, you'll keep doing this. You're not going to die of you do. You're not going to throw up or pee yourself. What's the worst that can happen? She may say 'no'.

Igetit!

Reaction score
Yep. You're ALREADY at a disadvantage.

You asked if she likes you. I'd say YES...she does.

Far as being ATTRACTED to you.....sexually attracted.....I see no signs at all.

For one,you've done NOTHING to show any sexual interest in her. You're "nice",polite....have manners and behave friendly......all of which will land you straight in the FRIENDZONE without attraction.

You ever get in a car,start driving,then 15,20...25 minutes later,you realize you were headed in the wrong direction?

That's what you did here. You STARTED OFF wrong. You started off headed towards the friendzone. You can turn around and be headed in the right direction,only problem is,if you go 50 miles the wrong way,that 50 miles has to be made up. In other words,you being aware of your mistake doesn't start you at zero....you're still at -50. You have to go 50 just to start at zero.

While you were making mistakes,the chick's emotions were judging you,so even if you start doing everything right now,her feelings will still keep going by how you were when you were screwing up.

You can go ahead and ask her out now if you want,but don't be surprised if you get the "Don't wanna mess things up" friends speech.

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
Use the search function and you'll find hundreds of posts just like yours that the already been answered.
I said it more than once that new members of this board should have to make a minimum number of posts before they can make thread. This would contribute immensely to improving the overall quality to the type of threads that we see here, but anyway to answer your qurstion , go to The Adventures of Omnipotens Maximus Rex, and you'll see countless examples of how to ask a girl out.

Brutum Fulmen

Reaction score
You're not going to ask her out.

So asking 'what way exactly' is unimportant. It's your way of not doing one of the simplest things there is.

Look, it's okay. Anxiety affects a lot of guys, overthinking too. And you do know how.

Until you get that the only way to ask someone out is to ask someone out, you'll keep doing this. You're not going to die of you do. You're not going to throw up or pee yourself. What's the worst that can happen? She may say 'no'.
I know, you're absolutely right, I won't get cystic fibrosis if I ask her out, I'll get a 'no', wishy-washy 'I'm busy' or, ideally, a 'yes'.

I'm certain I'll get another opportunity to ask her out in the not-so-distant future, and I'll seize it. I could've and most definitely should have asked her out during that 1-on-1. I'm just a right mong when it comes to asking girls out... not so much in flirting and actually initiating conversation.

Thanks.

Brutum Fulmen

Reaction score
Yep. You're ALREADY at a disadvantage.

You asked if she likes you. I'd say YES...she does.

Far as being ATTRACTED to you.....sexually attracted.....I see no signs at all.

For one,you've done NOTHING to show any sexual interest in her. You're "nice",polite....have manners and behave friendly......all of which will land you straight in the FRIENDZONE without attraction.

You ever get in a car,start driving,then 15,20...25 minutes later,you realize you were headed in the wrong direction?

That's what you did here. You STARTED OFF wrong. You started off headed towards the friendzone. You can turn around and be headed in the right direction,only problem is,if you go 50 miles the wrong way,that 50 miles has to be made up. In other words,you being aware of your mistake doesn't start you at zero....you're still at -50. You have to go 50 just to start at zero.

While you were making mistakes,the chick's emotions were judging you,so even if you start doing everything right now,her feelings will still keep going by how you were when you were screwing up.

You can go ahead and ask her out now if you want,but don't be surprised if you get the "Don't wanna mess things up" friends speech.
So what exactly would you have done in my place? What things would you do to show sexual interest in her?

GeniuzKhrist

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll take the opposite on this one as opposed to my counter parts. Right now what you should do, if you have her number is call or text her and say "Hey, lets grab lunch or dinner sometime, I'm free Friday afternoon or Saturday." By giving her multiple options ie Lunch, Dinner and or on Friday or Saturday she will be more inclined to accept (it's a salesmen trick) and when you get her out your main objective is to make it fun and romantic. Kepp up with the funny, witty rapport. Jerk to nice guy type stuff

Brutum Fulmen

Reaction score
I'll take the opposite on this one as opposed to my counter parts. Right now what you should do, if you have her number is call or text her and say "Hey, lets grab lunch or dinner sometime, I'm free Friday afternoon or Saturday." By giving her multiple options ie Lunch, Dinner and or on Friday or Saturday she will be more inclined to accept (it's a salesmen trick) and when you get her out your main objective is to make it fun and romantic. Kepp up with the funny, witty rapport. Jerk to nice guy type stuff
Lunch or Dinner on a first date? Isn't that a bit dull? I tend to for more jovial dates like Bowling/Aquarium/etc... I've heard lunch dates should be reserved for later on.

I never knew about that salesman trick, so that could definitely come in handy.

I'm good company on dates and I'm nothing in comparison to the anxiety-ridden dude pre-asking out.

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You've already placed her on a pedestal higher than God. Game over. You already lost.

If you date this woman, she will eat you up for breakfast, spit you out and eat you again.

Then again, the best lessons are usually learned when you have to suffer.

You gave to completely change your frame. A DJ doesn't worry if a girl likes him or not. A DJ knows a girl likes him when his nuts are in her mouth.

You should never worry if a girl likes you. That is a woman's job. If you find a woman attractive, you chat her up a bit and ask her out point blank. Anything other than a solid yes means you forget about her.

As a man, you act and the woman reciprocates.

GeniuzKhrist

Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally don't care what the date is as long as it's a date, and seen as such. Fvck the game. I'm dissapointed in my fellow posters, Pook taught us all long ago to 'Not be contained by formula' so to say he's dead in the water with this girl is trivial, if he wants to give it a shot then we should all be here to give him the best advice on how to proceed, not retreat

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He's not going to ask her out boys and girls. He's going to dither here wasting time and figure out ways not to.

Move along, nothing to see here.
Yep, most guys (blue pill) will not make any kind of move until they can absolutely confirm she likes him. And by that point she's already lost respect for the guy and probably put him in the friend zone.

The fear of rejection is real.

Harry Wilmington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Put this in your head, and embed it to your memory:

UNTIL YOU TAKE A GIRL OUT, YOU DON'T ACTUALLY LIKE HER - YOU ONLY THINK YOU DO.

Stop automatically falling for these chicks BEFORE taking them out. You should actually lower your opinion of women prior to taking them out so you're more level-headed and not so nervous about making the moves you need to make to get them on dates.

This one would have been simple enough: after the hang-out, as you were about to walk away, you could have simply said "Hey, real quick - let me get your number" and handed her the phone. Next time you see her, do this. You don't have to say "Hey, I like you," or "Hey, I wanna take you out some time..." just get the number. If she gives you the number, it's your first indication she may like you without you having to directly ask her about her feelings.

From there... y'know what? I have a whole 3-part video series about meeting, greeting and asking out women you can watch for free by going HERE. In the meantime: don't make it so hard on yourself, maaaaan - this whole "asking girls out" thing is actually pretty easy!

Genos

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, yes, you should've asked her out/asked for her number - everyone in the thread has said this, and it's important to realize that, from square one, that was what you should do when a girl catches your fancy.

A missed opportunity, but that's often the catalyst for growth. Perhaps, if you run into her again and the situation seems right, you can ask for her number - I doubt the situation is totally unsalvageable. What do you have to lose, really? There's a great interaction with a woman to be gained if she is receptive.

To reiterate, as an above poster mentioned, her interest BEFORE you ask for her number is more or less irrelevant. Don't fall into the trap of "wanting to be sure of her feelings" before you ask her out - we've all been there in the past, and we can all tell you that it's the very opposite of real masculinity and a road to failure. So don't beat yourself up, move forward and start talking to women in the aggregate rather than focusing on just one too quickly. After you get to know a woman, then you can start to really like her.

Lozboss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I said it more than once that new members of this board should have to make a minimum number of posts before they can make thread. This would contribute immensely to improving the overall quality to the type of threads that we see here, but anyway to answer your qurstion , go to The Adventures of Omnipotens Maximus Rex, and you'll see countless examples of how to ask a girl out.
I said this. In in fact complained about this.

Certain members on this board thought that was whining? I find it funny how they aren't having a go at you for saying it. @Tictac for example.

In fact the thread was closed by @TheVirtualMind.

DJ forum is full of lazy garbage threads.

Mods don't care Rex.