Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Does "race" matter at all to a girl?

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not really an issue for me

I'm black and I actually do better with white or latin women than I do with black women. I can't really explain why that's the case. I have more latin women flirt with me than anything.

CyranoDeBergerac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Does race matter at all to a girl?

Undoubtedly there are some, but you are asking the wrong question...

Does this type of girl matter at all to you?

-Cyrano

Reaction score
Polls

Polls show that slightly more than 80% of Americans under the age of 30 don't care. About half have already dated someone of another race. Resistance will be slightly greater in conservative areas You should have an equal opportunity in the vast majority of cases in NY.

The main reason race matters is due to culture clashing. Its a lot easier to bond and connect with a girl of your own ethnicity.
Then why do European immigrants with "cute accents" do so well with native-born European-Americans? Kulture seems to mean nothing when it comes to dating Euro-Americans of various ethnicities. For ethnic whites, like for all ethnics, kulture is a factor in marriage but not really in dating.

40quid

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Not really an issue for me

Originally posted by So Many Ways
I'm black and I actually do better with white or latin women than I do with black women. I can't really explain why that's the case. I have more latin women flirt with me than anything.
I actually have run into the same phenomenon. I'm ethnically Asian, but I have the best luck with caucasian women. I've had the most trouble with Asian girls. Oh well, they're missing out!

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Not really an issue for me

Originally posted by 40quid
I actually have run into the same phenomenon. I'm ethnically Asian, but I have the best luck with caucasian women. I've had the most trouble with Asian girls. Oh well, they're missing out!
It's funny how that works, how one group of women can think you're the sh!t and how one other group completely disregards you. Ah well. Those Mexican girls are fine so it's all good.

revelashon

Don Juan
Reaction score
personally I don’t think its too big of a factor, even though we do live in a racist society(to think otherwise is just being naïve). It'd be an issue if your lookin for a long term relationship cuz we’re all insecure and introverted in our own ways, wonderin what other people are sayin behind our backs.

But if we’re takin bout a quick fvck or a bootie call, I don’t think it really matters, its all bout how u make her feel at that given moment.

dillin

Don Juan
Reaction score
personally I don’t think its too big of a factor, even though we do live in a racist society
Please clarify for me, are you saying that one specific racial group are "racist" or are you saying all people are racist and it's in everybodies nature to congregate towards people who are similiar to them?

revelashon

Don Juan
Reaction score
clarification on earlier post
what I’m sayin is that we live in a society built on racism…I mean it hasn’t even been 40 yrs since the civil rights movement…
its not as bad as it used to be but in the eyes of the general public, that sort of sh!t is still taboo.

snakeeyes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Race is not as important as you think, but it is a factor. My last girl friend was Mexican and Im asian. She always says that Im different from other guys and I would ask if its because Im Chinese and she would say Maybe. I guess I treat her better then all of the other guys shes been with(all of them are Mexican and all of them cheated on her). I went to her sisters wedding and she wasnt afraid to show me off to all her relatives from Mexico, plus her two sisters like me and would call me brother in law. Shes very attractive and when we go to a Mexican restaurant or store I often experience resentment from other guys. Things ended because of certain things that she did and all the baggage that she has. What im trying to say is that u will come across girls that will like you because of who you are and those who will be turned off because ur not of their race. I live in California so girls are more open minded and the area is more diverse. It also has to with the way u present yourself, the way u dress, the way u talk. If u dress like a Chulo and approach suburban white or asian girls most times u will get rejected. Like I said before race is a factor and so is class. We live in a racist society so its hard for some minorities to fight certain stereotypes. Hey some girls like the Latin flava so dont worry about it.

baracus

Don Juan
Reaction score
It absolutely matters

While it may be true that Latino pop stars and actors have done much to enhance the image of Latin men as objects to be desired, the fact remains that there is a certain stigma attached to being Mexican (especially in the northeast)--the other Latin cultures do not seem to suffer as much from this. To wit: Have you ever noticed how many Mexican jokes there are? Any Puerto Rican/Colombian/ etc. jokes that are out there are simply Mexican jokes that have replaced the word "Mexican" with some other ethnicity. You are plagued with the term "wetback" and the stereotype of being on welfare, the ability to fit 10+ people into a compact car, and as having the education of a 10-year old. Indeed, it is difficult to be considered beautiful outside of your race when even your own peers don't consider you as such (e.g., look at the soaps on the spanish channel that are set in Mexico; you'd swear some of the men jumped out of an Abercrombie catalog).

Of course, there are some people from Mexico who have more European looks: these are the ones for whom race does not matter. If you have strong indigenous features, however, you will struggle to attract women from outside of your race. Do not be mislead, many of the hispanic/white couples that are found in various statistics on interracial relationships involve an hispanic person that considers himself or herself white. The only succesful interracial couples that I have seen involving a Mexican male and a "classy" white woman are those in which the male is educated and has little to no connection with his culture (at least, that's what I've seen here in NY).

On the other hand, if you like skanks and hors, then your race shouldn't matter that much.

40quid

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: It absolutely matters

Originally posted by baracus
While it may be true that Latino pop stars and actors have done much to enhance the image of Latin men as objects to be desired, the fact remains that there is a certain stigma attached to being Mexican (especially in the northeast)--the other Latin cultures do not seem to suffer as much from this. To wit: Have you ever noticed how many Mexican jokes there are? Any Puerto Rican/Colombian/ etc. jokes that are out there are simply Mexican jokes that have replaced the word "Mexican" with some other ethnicity. You are plagued with the term "wetback" and the stereotype of being on welfare, the ability to fit 10+ people into a compact car, and as having the education of a 10-year old. Indeed, it is difficult to be considered beautiful outside of your race when even your own peers don't consider you as such (e.g., look at the soaps on the spanish channel that are set in Mexico; you'd swear some of the men jumped out of an Abercrombie catalog).

Of course, there are some people from Mexico who have more European looks: these are the ones for whom race does not matter. If you have strong indigenous features, however, you will struggle to attract women from outside of your race. Do not be mislead, many of the hispanic/white couples that are found in various statistics on interracial relationships involve an hispanic person that considers himself or herself white. The only succesful interracial couples that I have seen involving a Mexican male and a "classy" white woman are those in which the male is educated and has little to no connection with his culture (at least, that's what I've seen here in NY).

On the other hand, if you like skanks and hors, then your race shouldn't matter that much.
You've raise some good points. However, I took a narrower view on the original question. I thought he meant "race" as in your ethnicity. I defined "ethnicity" solely by your physical features. If you throw culture into it, then yes, the equation gets a bit more muddled.

I think part of the reason why I don't have too much problem dating women outside of my ethnic group is that I was raised as an American kid. My parents wanted me to fit in, so they taught me about the culture back in Asia only if I was interested. They didn't try to impose it on me.

There is stigma attached to any group of people. Asian guys are supposed to be (1) martial arts experts; (2) computer nerds; (3) horrible to women; or (4) a combination of all three. Also, we're supposed to be socially inept and sexually insecure. So what? Just because social stigma are what some OTHER ignorant people think about you, it doesn't mean that it's true. You know yourself better than anyone. If the person you're dealing with is so ignorant and blind to be unable to look past a stereotype, you don't need them anyway.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very interesting...

Originally posted by baracus

Interesting point you bring up. This is what I was bringing up when I talked about "mulattoes" - basically white looking individuals dipped in chocolate to pass off as "black". Many black models and actors of Afr-Am descent look like this, and the effect is even more pronounced on the female ones. This is also parallel to how Latino and Asian models/actors are portrayed. Of course, all these skewed and unrealistic images of people of color that is placed on the population by the media at least partially affects people's perceptions/expectations.

This is what I was trying to illustrate by white people being most attracted to "mulatto" types. I suppose the same deal applies to Mexicans and Asians that have less stereotypical features. It's racist and insiduous - but it exists.

There is, however, an interesting phenomenon concerning the media and black people. They have begun to promote those images of blacks that were traditionally less favored - those with very dark skin, more African features - as attractive. Tyrese, Omar Epps, and some female black celebrities. Does this mean that America is finally starting to expand it's definition of what's "attractive" to include non-Europoid features? Or is this lip-service to pacify African Americans, who are usually the most vocal, and most importantly - POLITLCALLY POWERFUL - minority group? At this point, it's hard to tell - and IMO it's definately a mixture of BOTH. Perhaps one day when Mexicans, Asians, Arab-Americans etc. are not villified, maligned, and generally treated with respect by the media as African-Americans are in general, people can start believing that the media (and thus people) really does appreciate all types of human diversity and beauty.

Reaction score
40quid:

You said:

"There is stigma attached to any group of people. Asian guys are supposed to be (1) martial arts experts; (2) computer nerds; (3) horrible to women; or (4) a combination of all three"

I have a few questions about #3

I know from living in Japan that japanese husbands can be very dominante and the women are very subservient.

I have no knowledge of chineese or Korean or any of the other asian clans. I too have bought into some of the sterotypes put out there.

I had thought that chinese men were more sympish and the women more demanding...kind of like the jewish sterotype.

I also believed that asian men were more prone to jealousy like the latin male steroytype is this true?

And I've never heard about asian men except the japanese treating their women bad.

My point is that I've never heard of #3 sterotype...I had heard mostly the opposite.

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its all the same when you're human...

I'm as white as white can be.

But you would not be able to tell from looking that
I also have indigenous (native american)
as well as african american heritage.

The problem is not your ethnicity, bro.
It is your attitude.

:cool:

Reaction score
Re: Not really an issue for me

Originally posted by So Many Ways
I feel ya on this point. I do notice that sista's you have to approach. They do not in general send out strong choosing signals. You have to watch for the little signs. They are masters at scanning a head without him even knowing it.

And remember many of them are raised in the chuuch and they don't want their girlfriends calling them ho's or scandalous.
Even tho there are ho's of every race but....

White girls and Latins tend to be more aggressive. They don't sit back and pretend not to notice a nigga. They will return eye contact and they learn this shyt at a early age as you can see by my womans email to me one day when I was talking about eye contact game with her:

"I trained some of my girlfriends when I was like 15 or 16 to catch a guy's eye when we would go to the mall, hold the stare and then look down. Don't ask me where I learned this from. It just seemed to reel them in consistantly. I never lost that ability. I trained myself when I was in a relationship to avoid this type of behavior all together. Cuz it is dangerous. It is how I caught you too. You remember, don't you. lol"

Yup white ones know how to bow down and play the game or do the mating dance of life.

Reaction score
Re: Its all the same when you're human...

Originally posted by Spike_the_cowboy
I'm as white as white can be.

But you would not tell from looking that
I also have indigenous (native american)
as well as african american heritage.

The problem is not your ethnicity, bro.
It is your attitude.

:cool:
Granpa???? is that you???

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LoL

PlayerSupreme, you're more than twice my age...
aren't you? You'd be MY grandaddy,
if I'm not mistaken.:p

We are all a mixed bag if you ask me.

I've known black women who were just as aggressive
as any white or latin babe I've ever known.

Cultures are different. Human nature isn't.

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LoL

PlayerSupreme, you're more than twice my age...
aren't you? You'd be MY grandaddy,
if I'm not mistaken.:p

We are all a mixed bag if you ask me.

I've known black women who were just as aggressive
as any white or latin babe I've ever known.

Cultures are different. Human nature isn't.

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Will you look at that... TWINS!

The board liked my post soo much, it made two of them!

:D