Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Does "race" matter at all to a girl?

sharpshooter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a mexican american, born in the states. I've noticed that some girls just won't go for anything but their own "race".... Is that true, or am i totally jumping the gun with that?

Sometimes when I approach a non mexican-american, I get the feeling that i'm going to be rejected soley based on the fact that i'm different from them. That used to be one of my biggest fears, but i've gotten over that big time now.

Oh, the reason i've put race is quotation marks is because we're all the friggin same, there's only one "race" and that's the human race.

SemperFi719

Don Juan
Reaction score
I doubt that they are rejecting you because of your NATIONALITY. (Politically correct enough for ya'?) It could be a number of things.

1) The way you dress (are you "dressed for success" or dressed like a bum?)
If you aren't looking sharp then that could be a reason why the women aren't reacting like you want them to. You don't have to necessarily be dressed in armani exchange or abercrombie and fich, but it should look like you have some sense of fashion.

2) Are you approaching with confidence?:
Are you smiling, keeping eye contact, good posture, etc? These things can make or break you when approaching a woman. You must carry yourself like you are worth a million bucks, which you are as the dj you are aspiring to be.

I get the feeling that i'm going to be rejected soley based on the fact that i'm different from them. That used to be one of my biggest fears, but i've gotten over that big time now.
You sure 'bout that bro? If you got over that fear then why did you post this thread? Race has nothing to do with it. I think its safe to assume that a woman could care less where you come from as long as you are a MAN! Before you put blame on the woman, look at yourself first. You'd be suprised what one can find when one looks at themselves.

sharpshooter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i already know about all that confidence/posture/ etc stuff. I go up to any girl and start talking about whatever, but in the back of my mind i SOMETIMES have that thought. I dress to impress and carry myself really well, believe that.

so i'm just SPECIFICALLY wondering if some girls look for a specific "race" or only their own, etc

SemperFi719

Don Juan
Reaction score
We live in such a big world that it would be a lie to say that no girls look for their own race or a specific race. But do the majority? Highly doubtful.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by sharpshooter
I'm a mexican american, born in the states. I've noticed that some girls just won't go for anything but their own "race".... Is that true, or am i totally jumping the gun with that?

Sometimes when I approach a non mexican-american, I get the feeling that i'm going to be rejected soley based on the fact that i'm different from them. That used to be one of my biggest fears, but i've gotten over that big time now.

Oh, the reason i've put race is quotation marks is because we're all the friggin same, there's only one "race" and that's the human race.

"Race" is not a biologically definable thing; DNA tests show that a person from Finland can be more closely related to a Mongolian or Iranian than to a Swede, for example. Physical phenotypes such as hair/eye color are not the best indication of kinship.

However, race as a SOCIAL CONSTRUCT is something that is very real. People in the past feared each other so much so that they found it necessary to draw up artibrary guidelines to seperate and dominate/supress each other. That is why race is such a big deal these days - IT'S 100% POLITICAL, nothing more.

Btw, are you from Los Angeles? Chances are good, I suppose, since you're Mexican. Or maybe Texas? I find that LA is one of the most segregated cities in the country, outside of the Deep South.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By the way, what's the big deal about girls who only want their own race? There are Asian girls that wouldn't give you or a black or whiteboy the time of day - they'd rather lick a toilet bowl at gunpoint. To those individuals, it's Asian or nothing. There are also white, black, and Mexican girls that are just like that.

I know you think that's so terrible, but you need to realize that there are many others that don't care too much about a man's race, as long as he is attractive in other ways (looks, status, personality, etc.). There are even some non-Mexican girls, I'm sure, that actualy PREFER Mexican guys. And from your description of yourself, it looks like you have your bases covered. So what's the big deal? :confused: Don't make a mountain out of an ant-hill.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a question for you - are you on of those "esse"s with a shaved head, gold chains and white tank-tops on? Or are you a Mexican dude that's more like a gringo? I think that makes a bit of a difference, if it's white or Asian girls that you're after.

Think of that movie, "Crazy/Beautiful" with Kirsten Dunst and that Mexican fool...I forget his name. His buddies were straight up gangstas, while 'Carlos' was more of the All-American guy type. Something to take note of, perhaps. Consider yourself lucky that you're Mexican, and not black for example -- blacks are rarely received well when they try to do the 'all-American' thing - they are so strongly and unfairly stereotyped that a 'white-acting black dude' just does not compute in most people's heads (unless he is a mulatto.... somehow that makes it different for people :rolleyes:). As a non-black your cultural identity is much ore fluid - especially if you look more European than Indian. I know that yardstick for comparison is incredibly racist (I personally despise it), but it's one way to work within the system.

showtime17

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah i find the same thing... at the uni i go to it's really segregated as well...the arabs hang out with the arabs, the indians hang out with the indians, the blacks hang out with the blacks, the whites hang out with the whites, the asians hang out with the asians..we dont have too many hispanics...and there are very few integrated groups..i am a white boy and i try to be friends with people from all kinds of groups, even often when i with some of my indian or asian friends i am the only white guy there....oh yeah and i find chicks from other ethnicities really attractive and i also often feel that the reason they wont give me the time of day is that i am not from their ethnic group and they often go out with guys from their ethnicity who are really below average looking and stuff...but oh well, gotta keep looking for the chicks for whom race, religion, ethnicity..etc doesnt play a role

Hurri

Don Juan
Reaction score
im asian, sarged white chicks successfully but it is initially hard. for sure. dont worry about it and dont think about it and the girl won't notice either. long as you have the game, ull be fine

California Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The main reason race matters is due to culture clashing. Its a lot easier to bond and connect with a girl of your own ethnicity.

sharpshooter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jakethasnake
I have a question for you - are you on of those "esse"s with a shaved head, gold chains and white tank-tops on? Or are you a Mexican dude that's more like a gringo? I think that makes a bit of a difference, if it's white or Asian girls that you're after.

Think of that movie, "Crazy/Beautiful" with Kirsten Dunst and that Mexican fool...I forget his name. His buddies were straight up gangstas, while 'Carlos' was more of the All-American guy type. Something to take note of, perhaps. Consider yourself lucky that you're Mexican, and not black for example -- blacks are rarely received well when they try to do the 'all-American' thing - they are so strongly and unfairly stereotyped that a 'white-acting black dude' just does not compute in most people's heads (unless he is a mulatto.... somehow that makes it different for people :rolleyes:). As a non-black your cultural identity is much ore fluid - especially if you look more European than Indian. I know that yardstick for comparison is incredibly racist (I personally despise it), but it's one way to work within the system.
I'm more of the leather jacket, medium hair, type of esse. I'm into hip hop, but I don't look like I am you know what I mean. medium skin, definately more indian than euro, but my nose ears, eyes are euro, which i hate!

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
double post

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by dillin
How can the term "mullato" be used when race does not exist? :confused:
Yes, you are right about that. But I was merely using that term to identify what specific type of black man I am talking about. Otherwise, how am I supposed to convey my ideas thru on online medium? :confused: So cut me some slack here bro. :p

I'll go into that 'mulatto' thing more detail; I think that black people with white blood/features are better received that darker or African-featured blacks. You'll often see light-caramel skinned guys/gals with relatively straight noses and those cute tightly-curled ringlets of hairs that date good looking white men and women, but you're less likely to see pitch-black types with tight afro-y hair and broad African features with hot whites, unless they are trying to stand out and shock people (one reason why white girls and whiteboys love to date black people - to stand out).

I know I am generalizing slightly, but that just seems to be the case.

dillin

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll go into that 'mulatto' thing more detail; I think that black people with white blood/features are better received that darker or African-featured blacks. You'll often see light-caramel skinned guys/gals with relatively straight noses and those cute tightly-curled ringlets of hairs that date good looking white men and women, but you're less likely to see pitch-black types with tight afro-y hair and broad African features with hot whites, unless they are trying to stand out and shock people (one reason why white girls and whiteboys love to date black people - to stand out).
What you said is true but you just destroyed what you said about race not existing, you just classified races in the physical sense by classifying mullatos as having the more pointy nose. BTW just to let you know not all whites noses are pointy but the difference between whites and blacks noses are totally different aswell as the entire facial structure. I'm not gonna try to be PC here, I'm just stating what I see. I don't need some pseudo-scientific research to tell me things in life.

Race doesn't really matter I'm just fixing what you said, hope you don't mind. :)

I still don't see many interracial couples and I live in a big city. Out of a few thousand people I saw today I actually did see one white girl and some black guy, I usually don't and if I do it's usually no more than one couple. Surprising the white girl was pretty cute this time.

I agree with alot of the stuff you said about mullatos being able to act more "white" in terms of style but I was just pointing out if you don't think race exists you shouldn't be using that term because a mullato is still black but he has European white blood in him. You would actually be quite surprised at the amount of white blood most American blacks in general have.

I don't mean to be too harsh on you or sound like an ******* here. Also how would people be able to tell if the guys a mullato or not if he is still black?

BrWnSugaMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Based on psychological and biological studies here are the facts:

1.) For intimate relationships people prefer others of the same race.

2.) For basic friendships race does not matter. For example, one will notice that it is easier to become "just friends" with a female of another race than it is to form an intimate relationship with her.

However, this assumes no other variables. In the real world there are many environmental variables such as parents, peer groups, and social norms and values which can change 1 & 2.

This is the argument about nature vs. nurture. 1 & 2 is based on nature but nurture also plays an important role.

40quid

Don Juan
Reaction score
I love how people quote statistics and studies, but don't back any of them up with hard sources.

Basically, in my experience, being part of a minority group might actually be a blessing in disguise, when it comes to women.

For my own purposes -- if a woman doesn't like me because of my race, then this is probably not someone that I want to spend time with anyway. Instant filter. (BTW, I am ethnically Asian)

Of course, the women who don't like you because of your race are not going to tell you that to your face. If a woman turns you down, don't be so quick to dismiss her as a racist.

It's very easy to use your ethnicity as a crutch against self-analysis and self-improvement. It's much easier to blame someone else for being racist than doing some self-analysis about why you aren't successful with women.

PlayerSupreme

Banned
Reaction score
You create what happens by your own fears or lack there of.

If you have this wall that they are going to reject you cause of your nationality then sure enough 9 times out of 10 you will achieve that goal.

You did the good thing by getting rid of it.

I am black. Aged 44. When I was growing up there were few interracial dating going on...it was just getting started. White girls were just starting to jump to the dark side...ie brotha's or vatos.

Many didn't want the stigma that came from dating someone other than white.

It took many years to break down the cultural barriers...in reading on a dating website once...I was amazed at how many white women posted they wanted white or latin men.

So you guys are in demand. I personally think current popular actors had alot to do with breaking down the barriers.

On my side we had Denzelle Washington which most white women love. Westly Snipes which many white women would love to get ****ed by...

Then we have the popular rappers DMX Tupac whom if you poll many white women would bow down too.

In short or summary:

Keep getting in their faces.

dillin

Don Juan
Reaction score
PlayerSupreme do you have some weird obsession with white girls or something? Whats wrong with black women? I think theres tons of black girls out there who hate seeing a brotha date a white chick, help the sistas out playa.