Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Does Mystery method works during a day game?

Sultan Beybars

Reaction score
Hey!

I got used to utilize mystery method in night clubs and it seems work really well for me.
However, can mystery method be applied during a day game ?

Yes, I know that during the day game the vibe is different and openers which work during a night game won’t work during a day game. Also, I assume it will be weird to neg my tagret during a day game.

Should I still DHV my target until a hook point?
How can I apply mystery method during a day game ?
Day game is something new for me and 90% of my approaches were during a night time.
I am reading Day Bang by Roosh and I can there some similarities already with mystery method.

Thanks in advance!

cheyne

Banned
Reaction score
Not sure. Mysterymethod type stuff for me has always done way more harm than good (I tend to do best with no techniques, negs, disqualifiers, scripts etc. Just being 'normal'). Maybe it's a culture thing? I always kind of wondered whether mysterymethod style (dhv stories, negs at teh open etc) would work better on American girls. Almost everything that falls under the category of 'game' tends to make me look odd to girls here in the UK lol

(I even experimented with some Todd V lines a few nights back and each time I felt like i'd dug myself a small hole I needed to get out of!)

Sultan Beybars

Reaction score
ok I see. But probably because you try to memorize the techniques without understanding the psychological reason.
There logic behind every technique and every step Mystery does in the process. Once you understand why it’s working it will be just a part of your normal seduction process. A1 A2 A3 works perfectly for me but I think he devoted too much time for comfort.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's really straightforward guys. Build some rapport aka comfort first so she doesn't think you're a serial killer. At least 15 minutes worth. Then you can tease her a bit but gently with the hint of a smile is always better. Covers the ones who wouldn't recognise a joke if it bit them on their booty.

cheyne

Banned
Reaction score
ok I see. But probably because you try to memorize the techniques without understanding the psychological reason.
There logic behind every technique and every step Mystery does in the process. Once you understand why it’s working it will be just a part of your normal seduction process. A1 A2 A3 works perfectly for me but I think he devoted too much time for comfort.
nah, it just doesn't work. Have you seen his own infields? lol

It's all just arm char theory. It 'works' if a girl is attracted to you. It doesn't work if she's not.

Understanding the psychological reason is irrelevant. It either works or it doesn't. I don't need to know the psychological reason as to why calling a girl ugly hurts her feelings and makes her cry or giving a guy a million bucks makes him happy. I just know that it works. Same can't be said for mystery's half-baked ideas lol

I suggest you watch his infields, and then ask yourself if that's seriously someone who is good with girls and is any better than any other guy on the street (assuming that guy had the balls to approach in the volume he does)

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's been about twenty years since I recall reading about the "mystery method." From recollection, I summarized that his techniques could actually work, but only for a certain female type. If you want that type of gal pulling day game, you have some extra obstacles. The overall vibe/atmosphere is entirely different. Plus.. in most instances, alcohol was involved; which helped to lower resistance levels.

If a woman is smug, too self-assured etc... then yes, these techniques will potentially level the playing field. And while, these women would be desirable as a bed-partner, the effort put in beforehand and having them around after the deed is done ... does not (at least to me) seem worth the effort.

If I can take home (or take out) a "7" or an "8" and do so while being myself (without the charade) I find this more fulfilling.
Waking up beside a hot bimbo is about as defeating as waking up to a fatty (though the hottie is more pleasing to the eye) . In both cases, once I shot my load, the reality sinks in that I was ruled by my pointer - rather than after-the-fact judgement.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's really straightforward guys. Build some rapport aka comfort first so she doesn't think you're a serial killer. At least 15 minutes worth. Then you can tease her a bit but gently with the hint of a smile is always better.
And don't forget to say "You can dress her up, but you can't take her anywhere" every five minutes.

I suggest you watch his infields, and then ask yourself if that's seriously someone who is good with girls
I think the reasons he had some success weren't really about his method, but more about certain advantages he was working with. Although he had some solid principles in there, as they came from the internet pickup community at the time. He was tall, and he usually had a small entourage around him which deferred to him, which made him the social leader of his group. He was also an aspiring magician/performer, so that meant he had the drive and nerve to approach and engage with people, and a certain "stage presence". I've always thought you had to have balls of steel to be a magician, because some of the ways magic tricks work are so ridiculous, that it takes some gall to actually try to sell them to people - and yet it usually works.

When you see his infields when he's working alone, he really comes off as cringey. Good enough to fool some young scatterbrained girls though.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post, @zekko.

As an aside, it really does take some balz to pull off magic tricks. You have to get over the "certainty" that they "must" see what I'm doing. It's all about overwhelming them with info, misdirection, and hiding the smaller action with the larger one. Much like pickup itself!

Serenity

Reaction score
Mystery method has certainly not aged well, I feel physical discomfort looking at any of his videos. He has gotten one thing right though, you need some serious courage to pull off what he's doing. It's way more cringe and way less successful than gaining some actual social skills.

Pickup was a joke back then and it's even more of a joke today. There have been a few exceptions, like the RSD guys, if you didn't get hung up on their theory and observed their actual actions in field. Most of pickup is just theory, theory and more theory though. It's not as important as experience and figuring out how to feel your way through various scenarios.

That's one MASSIVE mistake these amateurs make, they analyze their way through it rather than feel their way through it. They focus only on the next line in their useless script to the extent that common sense disappears, they don't actually read the situation for what it is. Actually I'd say they don't even analyze, they're just stuck in their heads, because had they paid any attention to the vibe they might have had a chance for success or at least not making a fool of themselves.

So Mystery method? No set method can substitute adapting to the situation on the fly using a composition of various past experience.

Take a look at this loser applying pickup strategy, here's daygame for you. I hope this dude isn't one of you guys, if you're here I recommend you shut up just like you should have in this video.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pathetic. It appears to me he was using night game for daytime. That kind of conversation doesn’t fly in the day. He has a very heavy, labored vibe about him. The only way to strike up conversation in the day is with a light, fun IDGAF vibe.
I give Todd credit for hanging in there. Lol pretty creepy, but he kept plowing. Plowing himself into the ground.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pathetic. It appears to me he was using night game for daytime. That kind of conversation doesn’t fly in the day. He has a very heavy, labored vibe about him. The only way to strike up conversation in the day is with a light, fun IDGAF vibe.
I give Todd credit for hanging in there. Lol pretty creepy, but he kept plowing. Plowing himself into the ground.
I know this video is kinda cringe, but Todd V is honestly a great guy. His other vids are great. He breaks down male female Dynamics and Game so well. Awesome resource.

But, I totally disagree with him in thinking that you can just import your ****y, funny, flirty NightGame over to the day. Roosh V warns against this. He says you need to start with an impersonal chat, and just keep it light until she asks you a personal question. THEN you can ask her some personal questions, drop a statement of intent, and work towards closing. The statement of intent isn't a compliment on her looks or anything. Just something like "You're one of the cooler people I've met here. I like your vibe." You close by going on an Insta-Date, or saying "You seem cool. How about we meet for a coffee/drink sometime?" It's super chill. You could even describe it as boring.

I've also heard from channels like Tripp Advice that you should try to talk for like 15-20 minutes to build that rapport. Breaking this rule will result in a lot of flakes.

When not followed, this cringe happens lol.

But here's a question that no ones really answered. I think the answer is buried in some of the Todd V courses that I have. But what kind of game do you use during the day on a University Campus. The dynamic is warmer there. Can I bring in elements of my NightGame or will it come off cringe like this?

My second worry involves the conversation itself. So you have to ramble, do like 95% of the talking at first, and keep the conversation going in DayGame. I worry that I might come off as weird, annoying or uncalibrated by doing this. What can I do to fix this worry?

Third, how the hell do you do a chill day approach when she's in a group or with her friends? I've never been able to get this question answered, ever lol.

And fourth, kinda random, but how do you approach a girl at the gym or a cute girl working the cash register without coming off as a total creep bag?

Sorry for so many questions Uncle Atom. But I'm about to go hard on my Daygame and I wanted this sorted before I do lol. I always enjoy your posts so I wanted your opinion.

Also, I also think that PUAs get a bit too much flack. Yeah some of the stuff they say is wrong. But many of them, like Todd, don't promote that "looks don't matter" BS. They fight against it. And personally, without them, I would've seen zero results with women.

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Take a look at this loser applying pickup strategy, here's daygame for you. I hope this dude isn't one of you guys, if you're here I recommend you shut up just like you should have in this video.
That was painful to watch. The thing that wouldn't leave. At around the 6:00 mark, he brings up his therapist. Yeah, if they weren't sold before, that's going to win them over. Not hard to see why PUAs get kicked out of malls when you watch something like this. The narrator was pretty funny though, comparing the situation with the time loop with Dormammu in the Doctor Strange movie. :up:

He also had a great point, it's beyond belief that they posted this as a demonstration of the benefits of pickup techniques.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heheh @zekko I was worse than that. Did the thumb wrestling, the waitress number drop, the fake palm reading. Picked up with all of them. Anything works if you're not boring.

Serenity

Reaction score
At around the 6:00 mark, he brings up his therapist. Yeah, if they weren't sold before, that's going to win them over.
Yeah, I cringed so hard at that part.

The narrator was pretty funny though, comparing the situation with the time loop with Dormammu in the Doctor Strange movie. :up:
Charlie is a fairly big YouTuber (+4M subs), I find him hilarious. He doesn't make videos about PUA's all the time, just one here and there to make fun of for entertainment like everything else on his channel.

He also had a great point, it's beyond belief that they posted this as a demonstration of the benefits of pickup techniques.
Then you'll wonder that even more with this video where some dude having a PUA class massively fails at seducing a PAID woman. Enjoy!

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Don't waste ur time on gameplay.

Maybe you'll get some lays, mostly some pity fvcks but that's it.

You guys should focus on building up ur foundations 1st and then gradually level up.

cheyne

Banned
Reaction score
yeah, becoming rich is a different angle (or moving to South Eas Asia or something where you turn into Brad Pitt if you're white lol and it's impossible to NOT get laid. That's actually what tonnes of incels are doing now! Loads of vids on youtube about that).

But with using money/status to get laid, you may aswell just bang hookers at that point? (same thing really. They're not attracted. They just want money)

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heheh @zekko I was worse than that. Did the thumb wrestling, the waitress number drop, the fake palm reading. Picked up with all of them. Anything works if you're not boring.
The problem wasn't so much that he was lame (which he was). It's that those girls were clearly not interested, but he just wouldn't go away. They tried to politely ask him to leave three or four times, but he just wouldn't go. Finally they had to get up and leave themselves, having had their day in the park ruined. I'm surprised he didn't follow them to their doorsteps.

Then you'll wonder that even more with this video where some dude having a PUA class massively fails at seducing a PAID woman. Enjoy!
Now this guy's problem was that he was so lame. I liked how the girl turned to the class and asked if they were learning anything. She also called him a creep, a psycho, and a mind fvcker. I'd hate to see what she would have said if she weren't being paid.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem wasn't so much that he was lame (which he was). It's that those girls were clearly not interested, but he just wouldn't go away. They tried to politely ask him to leave three or four times, but he just wouldn't go. Finally they had to get up and leave themselves, having had their day in the park ruined. I'm surprised he didn't follow them to their doorsteps.

Now this guy's problem was that he was so lame. I liked how the girl turned to the class and asked if they were learning anything. She also called him a creep, a psycho, and a mind fvcker. I'd hate to see what she would have said if she weren't being paid.
So how would you say Todd could make this day pickup actually decent?

I would say for starters, learn when to take a hint. Secondly, don't go direct in the day and don't go personal so dang soon. Be more low-key

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say for starters, learn when to take a hint. Secondly, don't go direct in the day and don't go personal so dang soon. Be more low-key
Yeah, and how about talking like a normal person instead of a pickup robot? It's hard to watch this when you know how the magic trick works, it just looks all too transparent what he's trying to do. Like the bit where he acts like his mind is blown that they aren't responding to him. The whole thing just looks creepy.

PUAs dismiss "nice guys" as wanting something for their nice behavior, having an ulterior motive. But PUAs are doing the same thing, they're expecting something for their use of pickup tactics, the entire thing is a designed manipulation. I think PUAs are so focused on "nice guys" having ulterior motives because they can't possibly fathom the idea that somewhat might actually perform a sincere and genuine kindness.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, and how about talking like a normal person instead of a pickup robot? It's hard to watch this when you know how the magic trick works, it just looks all too transparent what he's trying to do. Like the bit where he acts like his mind is blown that they aren't responding to him. The whole thing just looks creepy.

PUAs dismiss "nice guys" as wanting something for their nice behavior, having an ulterior motive. But PUAs are doing the same thing, they're expecting something for their use of pickup tactics, the entire thing is a designed manipulation. I think PUAs are so focused on "nice guys" having ulterior motives because they can't possibly fathom the idea that somewhat might actually perform a sincere and genuine kindness.
Haha I never thought about it like that. Interesting perspective.

I know not to open like Todd in this video during the day at least though. Gotta be more low-key and chill.

Roosh's Daygame is better. But everything else by Todd is gold imo. This one video is just so cringe I can't even finish it

Last edited: