I have a friend who had been chasing this girl he introduced me to for 5 or more years... and all that time she said she never "saw him that way" and just thought of him as a friend. Recently she went on vacation out of the country, and it was during that time that, out of nowhere, she claimed to like him. Mind you they've been good friends for several years.
Is it just me, or is this something extremely rare? I thought that once you were in the friendship zone, you'd be there for good, but this example demonstrates that maybe you shouldn't totally give up on a girl you're really into. It also seems like a girl really starts to like you when you're not around - when she starts to miss you. There's this girl i'm very close friends with who I used to see every single day last semester, but now that I have her for no classes this semester, she is super nice and touchy when she sees me. David D's advice to give her the gift of missing you is right on. Worked in both cases above.
Is it just me, or is this something extremely rare? I thought that once you were in the friendship zone, you'd be there for good, but this example demonstrates that maybe you shouldn't totally give up on a girl you're really into. It also seems like a girl really starts to like you when you're not around - when she starts to miss you. There's this girl i'm very close friends with who I used to see every single day last semester, but now that I have her for no classes this semester, she is super nice and touchy when she sees me. David D's advice to give her the gift of missing you is right on. Worked in both cases above.