Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Does dating advice apply to all men

Stuffnu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, because we all have a different skill set.
Red pill awareness is structurally sound as an example but cold approach wouldn’t work with an introvert.
Advice should be cherry picked.

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
or is not all dating advice created equal?
You must have acuity when you are applying DJ principles. Some things may be easy to you, for example, whereas others may me more difficult. Interestingly, the things we do NOT wish to do (or avoid doing) are often the things that can lead to the best improvements.

What makes you ask your question? What principles, specifically, are you referencing?

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
As I’ve said, ad nauseam, here, on the board:
Location.
Culture.
Age.
Socio-economic status. (added)
Your goals.

All figure into the equation very significantly.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Does dating advice apply to all men?

Absolutely not.

If there was a 'one size fits all' answer to dating, forums like this would not exist.

Yes, there's advice generalities that can be helpful to nearly everyone. However, there's usually unique variables to each situation and this is why generality type advice can sometimes backfire.

Michael Chief

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's one that actually does apply to all men:

The field is the best teacher. More than reading or studying any material, go outside and talk to women. Test everything you learn.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The field is the best teacher. More than reading or studying any material, go outside and talk to women. Test everything you learn.
True, but not for introverted men.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
One size fits all advice is not helpful. Everybody’s situation is different.

For example, if you give “player” advice to an inexperienced ‘cel guy such as “Avoid giving women non-sexual attention,” he will never even be able to have a conversation with a chick. A guy like that has to risk friendzone in order to get started. He can’t just invite “plates” over to his place to bang lol.

NoBiscuits

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I view blue, red, and black pill as three different categories that together combined include most men. Some men fall in betweeen (purple pill, whatever red + black is) and some try to be something they're not (eg. simps).

My post about blackpill, for those unfamiliar:
https://www.sosuave.net/forum/threa...-of-exploiting-lonely-men.280614/post-3088390

Blue pill is for the naturally beautiful, upper / upper middle class men from stable families. Nothing needs to be taught to them directly. They've been raised well enough and are attractive enough to not have to worry about women.
Red pill is for upper middle / middle class men who needed a better direction. Some compensation is needed to raise their value. Blue pill advice didn't work for them, so they have to directly be taught how to interact with women and unlearn blue pill.
Black pill is for middle / lower classes. Since physical looks are so much more important today, blackpill aims to maximize looks and if that doesn't work, then it guides men out of the sexual marketplace to do something else.

Simps are lower class or unattractive men who try to mimic the upper classes with blue pill.

With some exceptions, life coach / influencer types addicted to "self improvement" (ie. endlessly preaching about exercising, eating your vegetables, willpower, and smiling) are usually depressed, lower class men trying to mimic red pill as a means of being seen as "successful." Not a dating advice forum, but check out the top posts in this self improvment subreddit. They are literally congratulating each other for brushing their teeth, drinking water, and breathing properly. Yet, their language is very high energy and assertive.

Black pilled men tend to be younger zoomers, as their dating environment is drastically different than older generations, and it's today guaranteed that a significant amount of young men (15-30%) will end up with nothing regardless of effort. So it revolves around accepting being left out.

Red pill tends to expect exceptions to the rules to occur and then treats the exceptions as the rules (eg. "I know a guy who's short and unaatractive, but he has a hot girlfriend because he's a top 3% income earner. So being short doesn't matter.").

Upper class blue pill men are enormous hypocrites and have the lowest desire to help the lower classes. They are still the head of the house, the breadwinners, their wives don't work, etc. but they will preach equality and feminism since it's fashionable. "Just be yourself" works for them because they were raised well (good manners, discipline, career ambitions, etc.) and have good genes. They hate red + black pill since they see lower classes as "dirty" and "hateful" and cannot comprehend a life where "just be yourself" doesn't work.

Oversimplified, but:
Modern: "There is a set of advice that applies to everyone."
Postmodern: "There is no set of advice that applies to everyone."
Metamodern: "There is no set of advice that applies to everyone, but everyone can find a set of advice that applies to them."

There's something for everyone. But you can't decouple the ideological basis of the advice from the social strata it came from. In short, there's no universal dating advice.

Michael Chief

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
True, but not for introverted men.
Highly disagree.

I consider this one of my areas of specialty.

An introverted man cannot be expected to go out literally every night to do a hundred approaches like Adam Lyons back in his AFCAdam days, but the same advice of "infield > reading and mental masturbation" still very much applies. There is nothing else in the world that will lead to more progress than firsthand experience, no matter what kind of man you are. And if you get too stuck in your head and consuming content becomes part of your comfort zone, that just makes you a Keyboard Jockey.

Speaking of Adam Lyons, I met both him and Richard La Ruina (Gambler) at the same time a number of years ago. I had the chance to see how they socialized, networked, and gamed. I would say they got comparable rates of success but their personalities were polar opposites when it came to introversion/extroversion. While Adam was all smiles, shaking hands with everyone, and showing all the students the photo opener with the enthusiasm of someone who just won the lottery, Richard would be like a ninja in the shadows, and all of a sudden appear out of nowhere with a couple of random girls to pass along to you. Richard got his chops from infield experience just like the rest of us.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As I’ve said, ad nauseam, here, on the board:
Location.
Culture.
Age.
Your goals.

All figure into the equation very significantly.
add Income to that, guys with money have access that the average guy doesn't
The Black Piller living at his momma house playing fortnite all day won't have access compared to the upward mobile guy who meets models at fashion events and private parties

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are some universal principles (Don’t be weird…), but those are mostly common sense. If you seek advice. Find someone who is comparable to you. There’s probably a good reason none of my -cel friends ever asked me for advice.
Advice can come from anywhere. Be open. One night, I was Ubering home after clubbing and pretty drunk. I ranted to the driver about this girl I was seeing and she was being difficult. I planned to cut her off. He convinced me not to. Ultimately. It worked out for us.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it applys to all men but not all women

Women depending on their beauty all have different sets of rules

A HB 5/6 for example is going to be much more tolerant of small talk than a HB 7/8/9 she will allow a lot more leeway for a weak frame because she knows her options are severely restricted and she needs to take what she can get

A HB 8 on the other hand knows she has options , she has a lot of options she can have sex virtually whenever she pleases

so then it becomes a question of which guy has the balls to place her in the correct frame and not bow into her lust ( most men will just supplicate or pander to her )

The rules for men dont change regardless of how attractive the woman is

1) Approach calmly and confidently ( most guys cant even get past this stage )

2) Show her you aren't swayed by her beauty and establish a calm level of control over the interaction let her relax around you

( this is generally how guys get girls WAY out of their leauge)

3) get her details and again text very calmly but with a lot of wit

4) get her on a date tease her , touch her , flirt with her most guys are terrified of losing an attractive woman so wont risk anything which is exactly the reason they dont get to sleep with hot women

5) Polarise your masculinity to allow her to be feminine once you do this the sex will come automatically and she will do whatever she can to satisfy you

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Absolutely not, and this is the problem I have with the redpill and PUA stuff in general. Rarely do you ever hear advice along the lines of "trust your gut and factor in your own unique circumstances and experiences."

That said, the advice on women does tend to be pretty straightforward since women are more similar to each other than men, but even then it's not that uncommon to find women who say and do things that are antithetical to what red pill tenants dictate.

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It would depend on the woman’s age and her priorities at the time.

A young girl may sleep with a man quickly.
An older woman wouldn’t, as she is saving her sexual best for his wallet.

In relation to looks, all women respond to a man’s height and hair. It’s in their DNA.

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, definitely not!
There are different levels for different guys.

Guys that take care of their appearance, but lack confidence would do better in the field with direct approach related advice.

Guys that don't take care of their appearance or let themselves go, but have confidence would do better in the field with indirect approach related advice.

Although, advice for reading body language, ioi, and buying temperature signals can be useful for any type of guy, regardless of age, looks, or status.

Bethatsocialguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dating advice applies for all men because a man needs to learn and understand the dating world. However the advice given will differ between guys but there are some general rules which are true. But we could say the same about women too. There are general rules that work with women that women find attractive but each woman is different in a way where you might have to slightly adjust certain things