Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Does anyone just get tired of the games?

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vulpine said:
That, and the fact that you make your living OFF the "get a degree" game.

It benefits you to further the hustle.

Preach on, playa - tell us how it is.
Might be some truth there, who knows.

I certainly don't think it's for everyone and I think displacing older, seasoned workers with young college grads is stupid. But to complain about CEOs who are setting the rules seems counter-productive.

It's not like this was top-secret either: As the computer revolution exploded in the 90's, CEOs of Microsoft, Apple, every freaking computer industry out there told every media outlet that they were seeking more educated people, and other industries jumped on board -- not saying this is right or wrong. They did not keep this secret.

Some people chose to laugh at the CEOs or ignore what they're saying; some chose to get more skills and advance themselves. Some people did well without going to college, some didn't.

But it wasn't top secret in how things were evolving. It's like being stuck with -- and complaining about -- having a typewriter in today's day and age and then complaining about the invention of the computer and how expensive it is.

Expecting life to always be fair and hand one out favors because they want favors is stupid. Like the gal I knew in the bank, 20 years ago she complained that college grads were leap-frogging her -- not saying this was right, but her bosses told her the drill -- she finally got that promotion this year, one she could've gotten 20 years ago. But instead she complained about her lack of entitlement for two freaking decades.

Again, none of this stuff was top secret it was all out there ... yeah, but I know, it's the media's fault, or the CEO's fault, or industry's fault, it's certainly not the people who partied and drugged in their 20's and didn't advance themselves. The world was out to get them! Yeah, right.

ElChoclo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As you know WC, the bell curve teaches us that half the population is dumber than the other half. Universities themselves are dumbing down.

You can't save the USA singlehandedly. At least you've got the work ethic covered there, you just import more illegal aliens to do the dirtywork.

You need to acknowledge that education is not always the gravy train it is marketed as, and like I said, a degree doesn't always produce people who can think. BTW I have one, if it matters. I have seen many men broken by life. If you invest all your self worth in career you lose, just like you do if you put it all on your wife girlfriend etc. You perhaps have read Dr Warren Farrell's "Why Men Earn More Than Women". One factor is their capacity to suffer torture for dollars.

But sometimes after being tortured for dollars, they are cheated by the system. Its all in your value system. A man has inherent worth. It is a privilege to be born into manhood. To free our brothers from AFCdom, financial slavery and suffering of all kind, that is a worthy goal.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would agree ElChoclo with everything you said and would like to read that book by Farrell. I don't think college is for everyone, I also don't think it's bad and a "game" or a "matrix" or whatever. It serves a good purpose for some, not for all. It's a passageway to some careers, not all careers.

I do know what CEOs and managers are doing in their hiring practices and I try to inform people of these, like demanding a degree. Do I think this is always correct? No. Do I think it's correct sometimes. Yes. Do I think older, experienced workers without degrees should be displaced for young guys with degrees. No way in hell and I've even told employers this is unethical and flat-out wrong.

I changed professions and wanted to, and the only way I could enter where I am was to enter grad school. I enrolled in grad school and found the passageway in how to get to my current job and out of my old one. I tried it without grad school and got zero sniffs; after grad school got many. Am I making a ton of money? No. Am I happier. Yes.

I don't complain about the rules being set by CEOs, managers, or the professions themselves. I educate myself on what's going on out there and try to find the best way.

Another example: I have a very good car mechanic. He is licensed, vo-tech training and so forth as are his workers.. They do a great job. When I lived in a previous town, a friend of mine got his friend to do car work because this guy said he was a car mechanic and he was great at fixing cars. He destroyed my car; he was not trained. A safer bet in this instance would've been to find someone who is actually trained. There's a reason why there are licenses for repairmen, lawyers, doctors, engineers, teachers, accountants, etc. Just saying it's a "system" and wrong is terribly ignorant.

I've never said it was the cure-all or end-all ... it's also not evil or a game. It is what it is. But I'm not going to complain about how society works in this instance, because the CEOs aren't going to listen to some guy on a pick-up website and change their ways.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't even consider dating the kind of chick who you see listing a college degree as a prerequisite for dating her. Well, maybe if I slapped her upside the head with my d!ck to knock some sense in her first....

A college degree helps to secure you a place in the inner workings of the sytem. You are part of the machine, and you have a market value. As long as you understand that and wish to pursue a degree, more power to you. But you should really understand what you are getting.

For me a college degree would almost be a liability. I don't want to learn how to become a part in a machine....I want to be the one CREATING the machine.

As far as women go, you can always attract chicks with anything shiny. Car, house, job, whatever. Does a career help your game? I'm sure it does to an extent. But more important is the attitude you project. A decent woman will be able to spot the qualities of a decent man, regardless of education level or career status.

afrojiggles

Don Juan
Reaction score
quite true at one time we all get fed up with games like I

grinder

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My college degree has allowed me to go from the Psych field, to Business, to Marketing, and finally to Network Engineering where most of my peers do not have college degrees. I trump them because I have the writing skills to be the only person able to document our technical procedures. They just can’t do it.

Now, what was the OP? Oh that vein we’ve been mining on quality women.

Before I was going to make my typical glib comment about how I don’t mind the games since I’m the master player and always win or some sh*t like that.

But now I happen to be in a situation where I’m dealing with a flakey chick with falling IL. I’m using the dj game of scarcity and indifference while prospecting for more plates.

The difference is I like this one, so I have invested some of myself in her.

The game isn’t so damn funny right now and I am tired of it because some of me is involved in this game. Unfortunately, she’s not the 1 in a hundred potential good one I’m looking for, but I will keep playing with her because she's slightly better than most.

Its very similar to playing some video game that you are only marginally interested in while waiting on the next “God of War” or “StarCraft 2” to come out.

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
grinder said:

The game isn’t so damn funny right now and I am tired of it because some of me is involved in this game. Unfortunately, she’s not the 1 in a hundred potential good one I’m looking for, but I will keep playing with her because she's slightly better than most.

Its very similar to playing some video game that you are only marginally interested in while waiting on the next “God of War” or “StarCraft 2” to come out.
But when is enough ENOUGH? (Not only asking Grinder)

At what point will you ever be satisfied enough to give some your time and invest it.

I still think that these guidelines should be modified to fit the individual. Some guys have more charisma than others and confidence as well. I tend not to generalize women as well....

In Grinder's example of video games..sometimes the sequel may not be as good as the original. Example = Tomb Raider Series..First good, Second HUGE, Third Outstanding, and everything after sucked rhino azz.

I just think guys shouldn't generalize with women, but think that certain tactics be applied to that particualr woman to gain advantage.

Oh, BTW...College degrees are important especially for certain people. But if they weren't important then no one would have them. That's all I would say for now concerning this topic.

disciple

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
College is a good thing but not for everybody. There are plenty of examples of people that have done very well for themselves and they didn't have a degree.

The richest man in the world, Bill Gates, never finished at Harvard ( I think it was Harvard if I remember correctly. If not, someone correct me.)

I'm not saying this to say don't go to college or go and don't finish; only that just because you don't have a college degree doesn't mean you are necessarily f*cked in the game of life.

There are plenty of careers where people make anywhere from good to excellent money that don't require a 4-year degree or Masters degree.

Now, many of these well-paying careers DO require some specialized training, education, or knowledge in order to enter them.

For example, in the I.T. (computers) field, there are alot of jobs that don't require a bachelor's degree although some of them do require a 2-year degree and some of them you can get into without any degree.

To get into I.T., you may be able to get a job based on your knowledge or experience with computer systems or you may need to take some special courses or obtain a certification in a particular area like networking or PC repair.

Other careers, like automotive repair, heating and refrigeration repair, etc. can also be quite lucrative careers.

Anyway, a career (in the true sense) to me is something that a person can get a sense of satisfaction and pleasure from doing because they are doing what they truly want to do or enjoy doing.

For example, a true writer enjoys writing even if they aren't getting paid for it (although getting paid for your work makes it sweeter).

A job is something you do purely for money and not because of your personal enjoyment of it per se.

As of this post, right now I have a job (which pays the bills) but I am building my career on the side and as my career grows, I will transition from a full-time job to a part-time job (as my side business income grows) until finally I am able to live and support myself financially from doing what I WANT to do.

Now I will turn to the topic of women and playing games.

On this site, there have been many posts over the years about game; how to improve your game, learn some game, etc.

In my opinion, learning game and improving your game are great and are helpful in getting sex and relationships.

See, alot guys have learned how to get laid or learned how to get a girlfriend or even a wife and they think that their game is complete.

After all, isn't the whole purpose of improving your dating and social skills geared to help a man get women.

The problem I've seen on this site with alot of guys over and over again is that most people on this forum focus on offense and not enough defense.

Okay, so you followed all the steps to getting laid or getting a girl and now it has happened, you actually got a woman.

Now what?

Once the initial thrill of getting laid wears off and you start to settle in to day-to-day life dealing with this woman, what then?

Most of the guys that come to this site don't have a clue what to do at that point.

That is because they were taught how to GET a woman but no one taught them how to HANDLE a woman and that's where the problem starts.

This is why you have guys who wind up making the same mistakes over and over and then create posts like, "I'm trying to get over this chick, what should I do?"

Or, "My GF that I had met at a club when I was drunk 2am. in the morning cheated on me with my best friend, WTF?" .........................and other posts like that.

Alot of these problems could have been very easily avoided if the guy knew how to do two things: 1) Know how to correctly SCREEN each woman he meets and quickly discard the wrong ones 2) Know how to manage your relationship with a woman (assuming the guy did step #1)

Guys should clue each other in what to look for in a QUALITY female because 99% of these "woe is me" posts are because of not following the two steps I just listed above.

I'm in my 30's and I've learned alot of lessons from my own errors and mistakes (and I've picked up some good advice and tips along the way).

Most of the mistakes, heartaches, and bewilderment that I went through was not because I lacked offensive skills (gotta love the sports terminology).

I could score but my defense wasn't very good so even though I got girls I still had problems and sometimes I thought I had a good chick and I learned later that the chick was nothing but a b*tch that wasn't worth sh*t.

I understand the anger and frustration that alot of men go through because I've been through it too and it does hurt and it can mess with your confidence and sense of self.

I've learned that if my defense (screening out the wrong women and correctly managing my relationships with the better ones) is good enough, my offense pretty much takes care of itself.

If your defense is strong, you don't need to worry about techniques and all that technical stuff.

All you need is a woman that is compatible with your personality and lifestyle and then know how to handle her.

That's the main thing to focus on.

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Disciple you are dead on!!! Great post. When I started this thread, I had no idea it would draw interest. The drunk chick I booted which made me start this thread nutted up on me like psycho!!! Called me a F ing Idiot, stupid, dumba$$ and hit low with a past relationship I had that bothered me. She even had enough nerve to tell me... I am getting back with my ex boyfriend. anyway. She did all of this after I nexted her because of her complete disrespectful behavior and she was a nice looking women too. Something tells me she had not been done this way too many times and it hurt her ego even though she really did not care much for me. I was her booze ticket. I didn't even respond to her psycho babblings which I am sure pi$$ed her off even more. To make matters worse or more funny, the married women is trying to ease back into my life too. HENCE EXACTLY WHY I STARTED THIS POST. The married women is like Mother Mary compared to this drunk pyscho, so I am listening to her as she comes back slow while I have other irons in the fire.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
disciple said:
...The richest man in the world, Bill Gates, never finished at Harvard ( I think it was Harvard if I remember correctly. If not, someone correct me.)....
Here's the thing, Bill was already smart and he accomplished the American dream, he started his own business and had people work for him. In contrast, there are people in college and some which have graduated who can't even balance a checkbook. Some of these people first need to learn common sense. And yes, I do believe that he went to Harvard.