Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Does A Guy's Height matter??? (merged threads)

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Height and attraction.

What is the deal with height? I still here and see men complain about their height and how they cannot get dates. Please explain to me then why: I know atleast a dozen guys under 5'8" who have cute girlfriends and i see short men with hot girls in decent amounts. It makes me angry, cause i am 5'11.5" and all these short blokes make it sound like tall men get all the woman. Now tall men have an advantage and i think that's all it is. Short men have a disadvantage and that is all it is. If i were only 5'8" instead of 5'11" i am sure i would not get checked out as much, but it is not the end all, be all like short men make it sound. Bottom line is if you are tall 5'11+, you have an advantage....but a slight advantage to say the least. If you are short 5'8" and under, you are at a disadvantage and a slight one.

If you are 5'4" and under, then you will have a real hard time. I am basically referring to guys who are average height or a little less complaining about their height..get a life!!

I_Eat_Playdough

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't feel too sorry for short guys, cause short guys can make up for height with personality.

I feel sorry for really tall girls (like above 6'0). Cause they must almost never get asked out, plus wearing heels is not an option for them. Guys just don't want to be with a girl that is half a foot or more taller than they are. It goes against the whole male protector thing.

BGMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm between 5'9" and 5'10" and I have never considered height a problem, even though I see a lot of guys taller than me. That's probably because a lot of guys are SHORTER than me too.

But sure, very tall girls are almost as at a disadvantage as very ugly girls. I know that I don't like being with a girl who's taller than me. My ideal height for a girl is 5'6" to 5'9"; i.e., just barely shorter than me.

BGMan

Don_juan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tall, Dark and handsome gets drilled into girls all their lives. I think height is a huge advantage, but any physical trait will get negated the first time the person opens their mouth if they have no personality. I am 6' even, don't know if that affects my advice but I've been told that is probably about the perfect height, most women can wear any shoes they want and not have to worry about looking down at me.

So I think it is a huge advantage, but one that can be lost fairly quickly. I think the same inverse relationship between looks and personality affects men and women equally. That is why I think shorter men generally have more personality than taller men, but the key term is generally. And if a average height man has above average personality, then he can score chicks even at his size.

Don_juan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Squy:
I'm 5'5.774" (170 centimeters in Sweden)

Am I just below the acceptable point?
Depends on what the average height is there. Any less than average, I think, is a disadvantage. But trust me, even though you aren't tall, your personality will make up for it. But I do think that you are at a disadvantage if you are doing cold pickups. Sorry, but that is only my opinion and it has been wrong numerous times before.

Ledoyen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I belive the average height in sweden is around 180cm (5'9") for men!

[This message has been edited by Ledoyen (edited 07-31-2002).]

Don_juan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, 3 inches shorter than average is a hurdle to climb, but not impossible. I just think cold pickups will be harder for him. Not impossible, not hard.... just harder. Big difference between hard and harder than if you were taller. But 3 inches isn't that big a deal, wear shoes that make you taller. Not stupid stilts or something, but ones with fat soles like Sketchers or something.

much2learn

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5'4", trust me - it really sucks. And to add insult to injury, I have a really small build. I would kill to be 5'8". Sometimes I feel like some kind of puppet in a cosmic joke.

While it's true a 6' person with no personality will get shot down 8 times out of 10, it's also true that almost no amount of personality will make up for a frame such as mine. I know because I have soooo much already going for me in other departments.

If you're over 5'6", you have absolutely no room to complain.

daredevil

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 190 cm high (is it 6'3"????) and have observed a few things.
Tall man seem to attract girls but also intimidate the shorter girls!!! Many times I've heard - I'm so short and your so ...
IMO being high helps however in some situations it bothers!
On the other hands shorter males develop their personalitiesto a point so that it makes up for their underaverage height.

I wouldn't worry so much because there are lots of petit women out there!

Peace!

Don_juan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by much2learn:

I'm 5'4", trust me - it really sucks. And to add insult to injury, I have a really small build. I would kill to be 5'8". Sometimes I feel like some kind of puppet in a cosmic joke.

While it's true a 6' person with no personality will get shot down 8 times out of 10, it's also true that almost no amount of personality will make up for a frame such as mine. I know because I have soooo much already going for me in other departments.

If you're over 5'6", you have absolutely no room to complain.

Well, I think the average height for a girl is 5'4" so i don't really think that your being 5'4" makes you a puppet in a cosmic joke. But I do think you have a tougher time, I don't sugar coat things. I'd work out, always be super cool funny, etc. and you'll do just fine. Plus, daredevil is right in that when a girl is 5'2" or something less then she's really just too short for most taller men. it works both ways and there's someone for everyone. I have a friend who's 5'4" and he gets chicks no problem, but it's because of his personality. So just keep that in mind and you'll be fine at that height, it's not like you're a midget or anything.... just a few inches shorter than average, plenty of girls in the same boat and they are out there waiting for you.

MR_PERFECT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I worked with a really short guy, who was frail with bad teeth. Women were always attracted to him and saying he was cute. I never got it, he wasn't anything special. I think you must have a personality unless your like a 10.

It's funny, I dated a girl that was 6'0''. She said I was the shortest guy she ever dated. The height bothered me and turned me on at the same time.

[A]rtful[DJ]

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you dont have a problem with yourself, usually people dont have a problem with you either. Its that simple..

------------------
Realize that the world is just a stage, and u ll see how easy everything is.

[This message has been edited by [A]rtful[DJ] (edited 07-31-2002).]

Powertrip

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you dont have a problem with yourself, usually people dont have a problem with you either. Its that simple..
I've always thought that. If you point it out in the beginning, acknowledge it and move on, it's usually never an issue. In fact, it can spring a bad conversation to life. The more you avoid it will force everyone else to actually focus on it more!

Apply this to thinning hair, bad teeth, etc..

tome4

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5'7" and it's not that big of a disandvantage , just if a girl is an inch or two taller that you.
thanks MattB for the link and [A]rtful[DJ] and Powertrip I agree with you

schwan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you ever met someone whose poise and presence makes them seem taller than they really are?

Sometimes there are guys that are so charismatic and put together that you perceive them as a larger physical presence.

I think a lot of it has to do with how you carry yourself.

A 6'5" guy (1.96 m) who is slouching and looking at the floor is not going to impress anyone.

In fact, I once broke up with a very attractive, muscular 6'5" guy for a 5'9", average-looking guy with loads more personality and confidence.

And I have noticed more than a few times when I've met a group of guys, how even if I am initially attracted to the tallest, blondest one, after talking to the group for awhile I will find myself much more intruiged by the guy who is average or shorter who is really funny and charismatic.(I'm a 5'6" american girl BTW, but I tend to wear shoes that make me more like 5'8")

Basically I think if you're not overly focused on your height, other people won't be either once you are talking to them. Which is all the more reason to go up and talk to women. Height can be noticed across the room, personality & charisma are shown through interaction.

The only girls I know that have major issues with height are the very tall ones, and I think that has more to do with their own insecurities than thinking shorter guys are somehow inferior. I have a few 5'10" - 6'0" (1.8m) friends, and they only are on the lookout for tall guys, because it makes them feel more dainty and feminine.

Sort of related to all girls thinking they're fat. My 6' friend flips out anytime someone refers to her as 'big' rather than 'tall'.

anakin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Quoted by schwan:
Have you ever met someone whose poise and presence makes them seem taller than they really are?

Sometimes there are guys that are so charismatic and put together that you perceive them as a larger physical presence.

I think a lot of it has to do with how you carry yourself.
Exactly. I'm tall (6'2) but I believe it's the way you carry yourself and come across that makes a BIG difference. So shorter guys, do not fret!

ANAKIN

DJTOBE

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just as a side note to this topic.
I'm 5-9 about 175 lbs.

I've brought home a few random strippers over the past year and at some point in the night, I'll usually ask "if they leave with random people often?"

All three happen to be about 5-7 or taller have replied is some sort of words that since I'm smaller, I didn't oppose a threat in there eyes and went on to say that dancers are weary about leaving with random guys if they happen to be built and/or tall.

This is just my experience, if your smaller and won't to bring home a random stripper, you'll have more success.

And when I mean random, this the first time you ever saw this stripper.