Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Does A Guy's Height matter??? (merged threads)

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by jakethasnake
Unbridled 1,

He's also insecure about a whole SLEW of other things. Sometimes, people are just what they are. And Mahon is just what he is -- INSECURE. :rolleyes:

I mean, I don't wanna sound like a jerk, but with all the knowledge he has accumulated in his YEARS here, he should have had a date by now. But he just posts asinine posts concerning height or some other crap that doesn't really matter.
Alright maybe I do have some issues, but that is no ones business. Jakethesnake, you do not know a god damn thing about me, except the few posts I make here on this forum...so shut it! By the way, I do get dates, I had one a few weeks ago.

Squy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diplomatic_lies
55% of you is judged by your appearance, around 30% is your body language, and the rest by your content (of speech).

Dude where did you get those numbers from? I've got the idea somewhere (damn I can't find the source now) that your body language is far more important than your apperance (unless you look like a midget dressed like some bums). But I might had remembered wrong.

Anyway, me in person believe that your attitude or the way you think, what is "up there" in your head is far more important than anything else, I would say about 80%.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Squy
Dude where did you get those numbers from? I've got the idea somewhere (damn I can't find the source now) that your body language is far more important than your apperance (unless you look like a midget dressed like some bums). But I might had remembered wrong.

Its mostly from stuff I've read. However, most of it is for business, or professional, interaction, so I'm not sure whether it can apply to DJing.

One of Kennedy's key points in winning the election against Nixon was the fact that his appearance and body language was better. Those on radio said Nixon was a better speaker, and those on television said Kennedy was a better public speaker and debater (even though Nixon really did speak better than Kennedy)..

George Gordon

Banned
Reaction score
CHUCK FANK LOOKS 5'5 BUT PEOPLE LOOK UP TO HIM AS IF HE WERE 40' TALL!

Turn your feelings OFF; turn hers ON! . . . A-La-Peanut-Butter-Sandwiches!

!GG!

WatchMeWalk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BGMan
But sure, very tall girls are almost as at a disadvantage as very ugly girls. I know that I don't like being with a girl who's taller than me.
Well, this sure explains a lot. I've been having a great time flirting at college with this 6' bird who could easily be a pro model and gives me buying signals up the yin yang. She's got a BF so I've been biding my time on the close.
Now you're telling me she's got as much issues as an ugly broad?! Oy!

I'm 6'1" BTW.

Tripod

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am a whopping 6'6", with (told more than once) "beautiful blue eyes". Trust me, this *in and of itself* means nothing. To be honest, I'd gladly trade 6" of height for 50 lbs. of muscle. Muscle is something you CAN improve and IMO, seems to matter a lot more than height. My brother is similarly tall, probably better looking (looks like "piano boy" John Earnst from the old MTV show "Singled Out") and as far as I know, is a complete and total dud with the ladies.

Granted, I'm not the most observant guy, but I will acknowledge that there are *some* women who instantly act differently towards a taller guy, but they're not as many as you think. And it's only an initial interest anyhow, it seems. And finally, another thing you shorter fellows don't realize. Tall + slim = MAGNET for ugly fat chicks! I kid you not. Maybe opposites attract? (for them, not me)

Oh and BTW, if you are "really, really" tall, you are probably tired of people you just met constantly asking "how tall are you"? A good comeback: "Four-foot thirty". In my case it's actually true lol.

Booyakahh

Reaction score
Million replies

I know there's been a million replies to this, especially by guys that are tall (sorry but you don't know!)

I'm 5'5", not skinny (155 lbs), 32, shaved head (due to baldness), average looks.

An ad on match.com with a picture posted for a month got me 1 "not interested" reply and 0 dates.

Going to a bar and chatting with women in person got me a lot of dates and laid.

My conclusion is that women GENERALLY don't like short guys.... until they get to know one that's charming. Just think of all the personals ads you see where women want a "tall guy" or "at least 5'10", etc. A study I read on the internet has shown that short men on average have less relationships in their lives than men of average height. I think short men have to work harder at getting women, but it's not impossible by any means to be a studly man of short stature.

gr8one

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
LoL...

Most of the Short guys I have known have ALL had a chip on their shoulders.

Either they are overcompensating for their height, or not really confident.

It reminds me of this little guy in h.s.---we called him Lil' Guido...heheh He was a tough little $hit. He would go around picking fights, and instigating, fights..etc...

We all called it Short Man Syndrome.----that should be self explanatory.

LoL

P.S. For the record I'm 6'2" 225 lbs...and have found Little to No difference between the amount of girls tall guys get and short guys get.

The tallest girl I dated was 5' 10" Legs from here to heaven...LOL
The shortest girl I dated was 5' 2" she always felt "SAFE" with me...lol she was a cutie.

:cool:

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Re: Million replies

Originally posted by Booyakahh
I know there's been a million replies to this, especially by guys that are tall (sorry but you don't know!)

I'm 5'5", not skinny (155 lbs), 32, shaved head (due to baldness), average looks.

An ad on match.com with a picture posted for a month got me 1 "not interested" reply and 0 dates.

Going to a bar and chatting with women in person got me a lot of dates and laid.

My conclusion is that women GENERALLY don't like short guys.... until they get to know one that's charming. Just think of all the personals ads you see where women want a "tall guy" or "at least 5'10", etc. A study I read on the internet has shown that short men on average have less relationships in their lives than men of average height. I think short men have to work harder at getting women, but it's not impossible by any means to be a studly man of short stature.

As far as Match.com, I do not think it is your height that is causing the problem. I am 6' and also belong to Match.com and have gotten like 2 respnses the whole year I have been on it. Match.com suks, try lavalife.

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5'6 and height was never much of a problem for me until I turned 16, I was still 5'6, and the majority of people around me were at least 5'8. It can really eat at you if you let it.

Last year when I was weightlifting in high school, I knew this senior who was about 5'4. But holy sh!t man he was built like a brick house!! He could squat more than anybody, and he was a real character. I know he had a g/f because he would sometimes mention her. Guys would tease him a lot, but he was secure in himself, so he didn't feel the urge to lash out and overcompensate.

On the other hand I know a couple of dudes around 6'1 who lament the fact that they are so skinny. They're always complaining that no matter what they do, they can't bulk up.

People are going to find SOMETHING to be insecure about. It's all a matter of overcoming it. Do I get tired of constantly "looking up" to people that are taller than me? Not really... not since I've started walking upright like a man. It's all about carriage and posture.

I've got a teacher who's around 23 or so and he's 5'5 or 5'6. He has told us that his role model is Wolverine from the X-Men, and that suits him well. He took a bunch of martial arts, looks like Stone Cold Steve Austin, and has the best posture I've ever seen. Needless to say, the guy gets tons of respect.

...Something I found kind of funny a couple of days ago when I was at Six Flags New Orleans...Lining the gates to the Batman ride are a bunch of big posters featuring Batman character bios. Batman is 6'3, while Robin is 5'1. WTF. I've seen Batman and Robin side by side, and there has never been that much of a height discrepancy. Leave it to the media to make the tall guy the main hero and the short guy the sidekick, though.

I've come to the realization that you just shouldn't worry about sh!t you can't change. Remember the quote from Boiler Room:
Act AS IF
Powerful stuff.

-Duke

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't want to read the whole thread, but I wanted to chime in on something about tall guys. I'm 6'3", which is great, but when you are tall and thin, you MUST have good posture. I used to have bad posture and I wasn't built so I just looked like some tall, lanky dude...not attractive. Now, I'm much more built and I make a point to keep my shoulders back and head up....SEXY!

vdk

Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm 5' 9 but here in Australia that is average. Things to do to make your look taller and better:

Where a vertical striped shirt that is tight fitting. If you have good upperbody, tight is best to show of V shape of body. As for jeans go for non baggy if you have medium-think legs. 'Rulers' ie skinny people should where shirts that create a v-shape but slightly baggy giving impression of more body.

Finally, if you dress well it should compensate somewhat to the many tall people who are in my experience terrible dressers.

DJ Girevik

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 6'1. A buddy of mine who is about 5'0, about 130, went to prom with a girl who looks 5'4 or 5'5, and was pretty hot. The guy I'm referring to is an olympic weightlifter who is confident and secure with himself, and never frets about his height. It's all attitude, regardless of height.

tx_xp

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5'11" but often ladies think I am taller than I am, as high as let's say 6'2". I usually stand tall (maybe it comes from being military). But I have heard many comments about "short guys". I think short guys have a big disadvantage!

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As long as you're at LEAST 5'7" or so, height will not be an utterly insurmountable, crippling disadvantage.

vectorz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
C'mon, all these people are bullsh1tting you. OF COURSE height matters... MOST chicks dig tall guys. Doesn't mean you CAN'T get none.. just means you can't get SOME that ONLY prefer tall guys. These people would also have you believe that if you were missing arms and legs it still wouldnt' be a disadvantage. Let's be realistic.

MrNiceGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think proportion is the most important thing (unlesss youre like below 5' tall) and certainly anyone above 5'6" or 7" probably has nothing to worry about.

I'm very tall (6'4") but I still have problems attracting the chicks partly cos I'm very skinny (although now I've started working out I'm noticing I get a little more attention), someone was posting earlier saying they could touch their middle finger and thumb round their wrists,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can touch my little finger and thumb round my wrists!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

and a few years ago.. you could see my chest moving up and down a bit from my heart beating..

so basically being tall only helps if you've got a decently proportioned body to go with it. stop stressing, personalitys important so dont let your height stop you from demonstrating it.. plus if you're sat down talking to someone they'll probably not notice if you're short anyhow ;)

LordBrian

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im 5'8", and I dont have a problem with it at all. I would perfer to be a little taller (so I wear thick soled shoes). Since I perfer women a little shorter than me (5'4" - 5'7") I think it works out just fine... All I gotta do is bulk up a little more and Ill be in the comfort zone :D

About the wrist thing, I can also touch my fingers over my wrist... too bad there isnt a way to make your wrist bigger... cuz i know i wouldnt mind it a little larger.