Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you think the USA is not meeting its military recruitment goals because so many young men see themselves as hopelessly sexless?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my opinion: Men who see their sex lives as being hopeless just don't have the desire to get into harm's way, especially if it is to protect their countrymen that want nothing to do with them; contrast this with the overwhelming desire for men to ForeignLegionMax in Ukraine. This meme is just the next logical step of such sexless men that have been dropping out of the workforce.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The reasons are so many that it gets complicate to list them by hierarchy.

I would simply start by saying that it's not convienent in terms of direct benefits for a young man...he doesnt get rich and he doesnt get laid.

There is also the fact that the current system is basically a war itself on men so what would it be the point to support it for a young man?

Ukrainian guys that join the army are not well paid of course but their get a boost in status with women and toward institutions, their opinion is respected and listen and they feel useful and thanked for that...they probably also think that in case of victory they will inherit the leadership of the country.

In Europe? after decades of leftist propaganda, feminism all around you and recently the well deserverd open contempt toward institutions...what a man can get from being a servant and get paid less than a teacher?

CoandaEffect

Don Juan
Reaction score
It has been said that everything men do, they do to get attention from women. In our society young men are told they are toxic and 1/3rd of men under 30 got no sex in the last year. Women are just not interested in most men so a lot of them are checking out of our society. I suspect a lot of young men would say that what they have today is not worth fighting for, so why join the military.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It has been said that everything men do, they do to get attention from women. In our society young men are told they are toxic and 1/3rd of men under 30 got no sex in the last year. Women are just not interested in most men so a lot of them are checking out of our society. I suspect a lot of young men would say that what they have today is not worth fighting for, so why join the military.
I agree with all of this. Men do everything to get vagina. If women aren't rewarding men with their vaginas, what's the point of men doing anything? The military is just one area where men are checking out. A lot of forms of employment are seeing male shortages because men aren't motivated due to being ignored in the sexual marketplace. A lot of blue collar fields have also been affected.

In 1941-1942, a man was motivated to fight in World War II. The USA was attacked by Japan. Also, guys with girlfriends in 1941-1942 were appraciated by their girlfriends and prospective wives. They fought in World War II for America and for their girlfriends. These women in 1941-1942 had a greater sense of loyalty to their men and a sense of commitment. When the war ended, the girlfriends rewarded their men not only with vagina but with emotional devotion.

In the late 1960s, when Vietnam was escalating, the young women of that time weren't as high quality as the young adult women of the late 1930s-1940s. In the late 1960s, the young women were mostly the end of the Silent Generation (1936-1945 births) and maybe the very beginnings of the Boomer generation. These late Silent Generation women were the first women to experience the new paradigm. They were reading Cosmopolitan magazine and using the birth control pill. They didn't feel the same way about their men as the women of 1941. The men recognized the quality decline too. Also, Vietnam was a conflict that the USA didn't need to participate in. There are both liberals and conservatives who see Vietnam that way. However, the sexual marketplace was not nearly as skewed in the Vietnam era as it has been since Vietnam. Women were selling the free love mantra around the time of Vietnam and the men wanted the casual sex of the Vietnam era. However, a good portion of women weren't a part of the whole hippie and Woodstock thing. The average quality woman of 1969 was still ahead of 2019.

The reasons are so many that it gets complicate to list them by hierarchy.
Yes, there are more reasons besides male sexlessness.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Many factors already mentioned. I will mention a few more. The military is a large bureaucracy in the US. They demand every single medical record for every childhood doctor visit when one tries to join. Astigmatism too high? Disqualified. Get nervous at MEPS and have a high heart rate? Disqualified. GED or high school diploma from an unaccredited school? Disqualified.
The fact is they are shooting themselves in the foot and turning away good candidates based on arbitrary rules. They want young men who are thriving in every aspect, but those young men have zero interest in low pay enlistment. Benefits? Pfft, Congress could slash those at any point.

How do I know this? When I was 20 I tried to join the Air Force. First dealt with unaccredited hs diploma. Scored 94 AFQT. Went to MEPS and was told my astigmatism is too high. An arbitrary regulation based on outdated corrective lens technology. What happened? Well, the Army was interested, but by then I had reconsidered the benefits and had just gotten a job that would pay more.

Last edited:

RickTheToad

Reaction score
my opinion: Men who see their sex lives as being hopeless just don't have the desire to get into harm's way, especially if it is to protect their countrymen that want nothing to do with them; contrast this with the overwhelming desire for men to ForeignLegionMax in Ukraine. This meme is just the next logical step of such sexless men that have been dropping out of the workforce.
How did I know you posted this thread before evening looking at the author?

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
9/11 is a factor too. Not everyone is into conspiracy theories, but there are enough to affect recruitment.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Went to MEPS and was told my astigmatism is too high.
If you don't mind divulging, what was your astigmatism? I'm VisionMogged at -1 cylindrical diaopter (and much more for spherical).

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you don't mind divulging, what was your astigmatism? I'm VisionMogged at -1 cylindrical diaopter (and much more for spherical).
I have a roughly 3.5 diopter astigmatism. I'm slightly far sighted as well. That caused my astigmatism to go undetected until I was 14.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
or could be most are smarting up and thinking why the **** I will put my ass in the line for a bunch of old coats who we don't trust, and if at all we want dead? and that is all politicians in the world, unkraine is a part since its or you fight or you flee, and most still have atachments to the place they are born or saw someone they like die and want revenge, mostly if you can't appeal to the person ego or wellbeing you can't really force him to put his ass in the way, you can only find so much people who like the uniform or the military life

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
I don't blame them, why fight to defend a society that treats you like a second class citizen? I can't wait for the "strong independent" women to join the army and "defend" the west.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The USA military is a social program. It's borderline communism in the land of the free capitalism.

Why ? 10 millions jobs are dependant on the USA military at home.

Whole towns lives from the army.
Whole poor people get out of poverty due to the military career + school.

I think the army as a social program is fantastic to help discipline, get in shape, get kids to find a purpose and towards alpha male.

However, to OP... why you need an army when out of 293 countries 200 are your friends... Heck in Canada we just lowered the standard of military recruitement a 14 years old no schooled all gender long hair can now apply !

Do you know in Canada... their is a shortage of medical professionnal ? The medical function in the army has vacants pots... no applicants

they even lowered their standard to ... if you failed med school we will take you in until you pass it !

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
9/11 is a factor too. Not everyone is into conspiracy theories, but there are enough to affect recruitment.
Exactly. Many of the young men these days are anti govt leaning. They are very anarchist or at the very least libertarian. The male population of GenZ are a lot more anti establishment than we think. They are " based" as they say.

Due to the internet, the youth views war as fighting for the interest of the " elites". It is going to be very difficult to galvanize young people to participate in international wars. Too many " conspiracy theorist" these days.

The govt can always count on the GenZ females to do their bidding..this is because females love defering to authority.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, no wonder you were 4-F! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Well, glasses correct me to 20/20. Contacts 20/40 So, I was pretty disappointed. It's never affected my life any. It could have been waivered after an ophthalmologist saw me, but they Air Force wasn't doing any waivers.

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
as someone who tried join during the recession I have to say there's a lot of shady things that go on during the boot camp phase I tried doing a navy and army and aged out of the Marines he has a lot to do with the physical fitness standards about 80% I believe.