Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you think men should try to become "friends" with women as a first step into becoming lovers with them?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was reading a comment from an article about incels & Vikings I had posted earlier, and it got me interested:
Speaking as a man who was never rich and could never have been mistaken for a movie star, I'm quite sure that the real problem with Incels is their attitude.

If I could say one thing to them it would be "Stop trying to find a sexual partner and instead start making friends with women" The one thing will likely lead to another in time and if it doesn't then you still have female companionship so it's win/win
my opinion: Women only sex "friends" once they give up their search for an Alpha, typically about when they hit The Wall. :down::down:

This subsequent commenter gets it:
Right. Getting yourself into the “friend zone” to be readily exploitable by girls when they need something heavy lifted, some disgusting job done or a shoulder to cry on is a surefire way to get laid. The Alt Right concept of the “white knight” is one thing they are 100% correct about. And who wants to be “friends” with females anyway? That’s not what they (or we) are for.
:up: :up:

StacksHitEmUp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was reading a comment from an article about incels & Vikings I had posted earlier, and it got me interested:

my opinion: Women only sex "friends" once they give up their search for an Alpha, typically about when they hit The Wall. :down::down:
Surrounding yourself with women will lead to getting confident around women which will lead to sex. So in fact, they should make friends with women, not in order to bang them later on but in order to attract other women he's not yet friends with.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a woman wants you as "friend" is because you dont have enough look while having other assets she may need, simple as that.

A man that is useful, trustworthy and good looking gets a priority lane for a relationship.

A guy that is not useful nor trustworthy but goodlooking gets in the fvck buddy zone.

You get friendzoned when you are not goodlooking enough to get physical as much as she gets fvckbuddyzoned when she doesnt have anything beside her body.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont think that is the issue since getting attention or traction in the first place is not even realistic in this day and age unless you have good looks. Most women are already are well accounted for and have their own family and friends and a tonne of orbiters. She can also smell your neediness and desperation even on a friends level.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't people should be too dogmatic about this but, in general, men have learnt the hard way that this is not a good strategy. Sometimes you may be forced to be discreet and relatively indirect in order to make initial contact given the social/workplace setting and to avoid getting ****blocked, but I think you should make a move as soon as possible. Otherwise, you risk wasting a lot of time on women that are not really interested in you and you give timewasters and users the opportunity to take advantage. Plus, the more you get to know a woman the more emotionally attached you are likely to be and therefore the rejection is going to sting a lot more.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My take. If it’s a work or similar situation where you need to tread with caution, then yes. But keep some sexual tension Otherwise, I think ‘friending’ is a bad idea.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you take a deep dive and do some investigative work, the women that insist on friends first also have a long history of unsuccessful relationships. Their dating history is full of weirdness. They don’t understand how to build a succesful relationship because they’ve never been in one.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I will never wrap my head around the whiteknights who constantly suggest being "friends" with a girl you like, yet stimultenously believe that it's perfectly normal to have "platonic" relationships with girls with no ulterior motive.

The only genuine opposite sex friendships occur when a) one of them is gay or b) the girl is the GF/wife of a very close friend of yours.

Last edited:

Mbuckets82

Don Juan
Reaction score
Every woman I ever friended first, that’s where it ended. You would think though females would think about the dudes that have been there for them. F nah. None of that matters.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I will never wrap my head around the whiteknights who constantly suggest being "friends" with a girl you like, yet stimultenously believe that it's perfectly normal to have "platonic" relationships with girls with no ulterior motive.

The only genuine opposite sex friendships occur when a) one of them is gay or b) the girl is the GF/wife of a very close friend of yours.
You can be friends with a woman if she is not very attractive or you already banged her. The problem is when you feel a strong desire for a woman that is not reciprocated, because then she can manipulate you.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't agree with b. Lots of broken friendships about this one. maybe some made just for this purpose.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not the Women you want to have sex with....But familiarity with women and recognizing their patterns and "codes" makes being around women you want to have sex with easier...

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a woman keeps a man around for anything other than sex, it's because she either wants him to help her out financially or to help her move furniture.....

Women can only think of men in terms of how men can be useful to them....

I have female acquaintances, but no female friends. And I dont pay much attention to what they say unless I'm in some kind of relationship with them.....

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I catch a lot of flack from saying this from some women but I don’t hang around any girl that isn’t sexually attracted to me. Not willingly at least. I see no reason to do so.