Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

do you think cold approaches are a waste of time?

nitsuj

Reaction score
I think that unless you're incredibly good looking, it's useless because girls will think you're creepy. I'm not saying you won't get laid from them but the success rate will be so low and the amount of time spent will be so much that it wouldn't be worth it in the end.

Kbomb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
nitsuj said:
I think that unless you're incredibly good looking, it's useless because girls will think you're creepy. I'm not saying you won't get laid from them but the success rate will be so low and the amount of time spent will be so much that it wouldn't be worth it in the end.
You are developing a skill, not getting laid from word one. Like any other activity it takes time and practice and failure to succeed.

TheStig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nitsuj said:
It can be a waste of time depending on your attitude towards cold approach and what your end goal is. As it's been said, you should look at it as developing a skill. If you want to do it to bang 10s all the time, and never come off as creepy then yes it is a waste of time.

Think of it like baseball. If you consistently get on base 3 out of every 10 at-bats, you're golden, and considered very, very good.

Same goes for people who do a lot of cold approach, like pick up artists. You're not gonna get to bang every girl you approach. Far from it. Even the best naturals in the world don't have a high lay percentage. It's the quality and types of girls that make you good. And eventually learning how to not come off as a creeper all the time.

And just because I mention PUAs, doesn't mean you should turn into a super douche who goes around in a fuzzy hat using canned line after canned line.

Read the DJ Bible.

nitsuj

Reaction score
TheStig said:
It can be a waste of time depending on your attitude towards cold approach and what your end goal is. As it's been said, you should look at it as developing a skill. If you want to do it to bang 10s all the time, and never come off as creepy then yes it is a waste of time.

Think of it like baseball. If you consistently get on base 3 out of every 10 at-bats, you're golden, and considered very, very good.

Same goes for people who do a lot of cold approach, like pick up artists. You're not gonna get to bang every girl you approach. Far from it. Even the best naturals in the world don't have a high lay percentage. It's the quality and types of girls that make you good. And eventually learning how to not come off as a creeper all the time.

And just because I mention PUAs, doesn't mean you should turn into a super douche who goes around in a fuzzy hat using canned line after canned line.

Read the DJ Bible.
I remember Paul Janka saying his lay rate was only 10% which is surprising because he looks like a male model

I just think the time spent cold approaching could be spent working on your looks, money, status and confidence

Some people lose their minds after so many rejections

TheStig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nitsuj said:
I remember Paul Janka saying his lay rate was only 10% which is surprising because he looks like a male model

Exactly my point in comparing cold approach to baseball

I just think the time spent cold approaching could be spent working on your looks, money, status and confidence

While that is a true statement, they all go together. Acquiring more money, spending time in the gym to improve your looks will boost your confidence, which is a good thing. As you get better in your interactions with people, it will boost your status, thus giving you more confidence and helping you with cold approach. It's all intertwined, and you don't have to spend hours upon hours seven days a week going out to get good at approaching, causing you to neglect important areas of your life, which I think is the attitude you have towards it. Again, read the DJ Bible and apply what you learn.

Some people lose their minds after so many rejections
That may be true, but you will become immune to it, and those rejections can show you where you went wrong and what you can improve on based on how they go down. And take comfort that even a guy with male model looks only has a 10% lay rate. That means the other 90% are 'rejections'
Seriously

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not a waste of time, but it's fairly average to get shot down, flaked on, IHAB'd 90% of the time.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't use a shotgun approach then.

visions

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
no, i got 5 lays last year from cold approaches (granted a couple were so low on the HB scale, and those low HB days are over).

just had a date thursday with a decent 24 year old harvard grad i picked up on the sidewalk.

Mr Wright

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope, today I met a really cute girl today whilst looking for an upgrade for my phone. We chatted for about 20 minutes, nice chat, we exchanged contact details and we're meeting up tomorrow. Need to go back to really get a good look at a new phone though :/

mrlocario

Banned
Reaction score
You should always cold approach. 90% of the chicks I've been with were because of cold approaching. The more you do it the better you get at it.

There are a lot of dudes who wait for a chick to give them eye contact and all that but you don't need to do that. You will always get more chicks by doing cold approach than waiting around for a chick to give you eye contact or signals or whatever you are waiting for.

Demonpenz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You develop thicker skin. You learn to keep your calm. You learn to work through the emotions of rejection. All of which make you more of a man that makes life more fun.