Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

do you think BRUCE LEE could fight in real life?

PoloBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
when I watch his old movies, he really doesnt look that impressive compared to some of the modern day fighters I see today? Im sure he could probably beat smaller guys his size but I bet if you put him in the ring with a big guy like Mike Tyson, he would probably knock Bruce Lee out with one punch.

of course Bruce Lee looks good in his movies, he directed a lot of the scenes himself and made sure that he was always the winner in every fight in his movie, fighting in the movies is nothing like a real fight.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
he could kick your a$$ if only he wasnt dead sweetie

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually its harder to fight in a movie (using real techniques, not fake stunt people) than in real life. Where in real life you don't need restraint, in a movie you have to be very careful not to hurt the other person.

Besides, if you want to go all the way, technically someone with a sniper rifle could take out the world's toughest fighter with 1 shot.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
diplomat, didnt bruce do all his own stunts too?

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bruce lee could definitely kick ass.
For all that muscle and very low body fat and his size, speed is his power.

In addition, he also created his own style of martial arts...(forgot what's its called).

PoloBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by penkitten
diplomat, didnt bruce do all his own stunts too?
nope, I read that actor "Jackie Chan" actually did some of the stunts in the movie "The Chinese Connection" the scene when he fights the Russian and does some flips is Jackie Chan.

PeoplesChamp

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes Bruce Lee could fight! Jesus could ever. Basically the story behind why he became so famous is from a fight he had with another teacher of Gung Fu over teaching non chinese students. He beat the guy's ass relatively quickly but was unhappy with the fact the it took him longer than he would have liked and that he got winded.

He started training like 6 hours a day from there on out. In fact there is great book out the takes you through his whole workout regimen which by today's standards is insane overtraining. Anyway some his incredible physical feats included the one inch punch that would knock a 100 pound heavy bag back several feet and a side kick that literally knocked a 100 pound heavy bag back to where it would HIT the fvcking ceiling.

PeoplesChamp

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by PoloBlue
nope, I read that actor "Jackie Chan" actually did some of the stunts in the movie "The Chinese Connection" the scene when he fights the Russian and does some flips is Jackie Chan.
Yeah. Chan was also one of the "generic" bad guys in Enter the Dragon. He is in the part where Lee sneaks out and finds the underground tunnel with the people being held captive.

PoS

Don Juan
Reaction score
Didn't he beat the living $hit out of Chuck norris ?? And he took down 3 western guys on sunset blvd back in the 60's when he first came to america. I saw 2 hour special show about him on history channel few months ago.

cfajason

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bruce Lee was a badass!The fighting that u see in his movies is not the same as he fought in real life!JKD Focuses a lot on inflicting pain,straight blast and then HKE!

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If he fought Sakuraba, Rampage, Fedor, Wanderlei Silva, Royce Gracie, or CroCop in Pride he'd leave the ring in a stretcher along with his bullshido techniques.

[DoN.2.Da.JUaN]

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dust 2 Dust
If he fought Sakuraba, Rampage, Fedor, Wanderlei Silva, Royce Gracie, or CroCop in Pride he'd leave the ring in a stretcher along with his bullshido techniques.
LOL doubt that mate...

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by [DoN.2.Da.JUaN]
LOL doubt that mate...

His Jeet Kune Do was nothing more than glorified bullshido karate that does not work(except in the movies) and his bullshido fighting system which would only work against a novice opponent untrained in real fighting styles such Muay Thai and Jiu Jitsu or Sombo.

It wouldn't take a Gracie, Fedor, or Saku longer than 2 minutes to slap a Kimura, armbar, or keylock on him. CroCop, Fedor, Wanderlei Silva would destroy bruce lee-first round KO.

They wouldn't send him out in a stretcher, they mop him up with a bucket.

Last edited:

DJ_in_making

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well.....

I'm not gonna judge him based on his movies, but I'm gonna judge him based on the facts that...
-His kicks were described as "[feeling like you were] being hit by a car"
- He could punch someone from 1 inch away and knock them down. :box:
- In Enter the Dragon, when he kicked (guy with scar on his face) and he flew into the crowd, one of the guys in the crowd broke his arm catching him.
- Some of his footage actually had to be slowed down to see.
- the guy curled 80 lbs.
you get the point....

were u by any chance watching his movie on spike tv last night?

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Striking with no ground skills will lose over 90% of the time against a good grappler especially someone like Saku who could take you down and break your arm with a Kimura in 8 seconds. Bruce Lee is no exception. The guy is a pioneer and a legend, but let's not get carried away with his abilities.

The whole purpose of the UFC, Pride, etc., was to find out which style worked best. Now it has evolved to where you obviously have to be skilled in several areas. Bruce Lee would not be competitive by today's standard for that exact reason. That's why you don't see any Kung Fu, Karate, or Jeet Kun Do fighters in MMA.

and I don't believe Bruce would fare well against the top fighters especially in Pride. Bruce is a legend, the greatest of his era...and one of the best strikers of all time. But I think against someone like Nogueira or Fedor he would be outclassed..

Things change over a period of time, and in this sport the competition constantly improves, the bar is always being raised. Because of MMA martial arts have evolved more in the last ten years than in the last 1,000 years and now we know what techniques work and don't work in an even fight and useless fighting styles have been weeded out. During Bruce's time this was all speculation, but now we know.

. In 20-30 years I'm sure the Pride champion would outlcass Fedor. Its just the way it is.

Last edited:

tipsy_619

Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop ridin pride fighters nutts....
Seein 2 guys rollin around on tha floor is pretty pathetic

The whole concept of Jeet Kune Do is to adapt n add techniques that best fit your natural abilities
Nothing is set in stone

And saying JKD doesnt have ground techniques is just being ignorant
JKD stresses fighting in every range
Fighters in every sport these days lack proper footwork
especially in UFC n Pride...

Just taking the time to learn the JKD footwork will dramatically improve any fighters these days..

I beleive Bruce said himself that 90% of every fight ends up on the ground

Read one of his books than speak on him

Bruce was ahead of his time but even now no one trains harder than he did

bbestar

Banned
Reaction score