Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you have a foreign name?

SuSHI

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is for the people in north America.

I just want to know how many people on this board has a foreign name, and their experiences with it.

I have one, and have a canadian name as well. Am going back to school, and thinking of using my foreign name for good. Its not a big deal but i constantly obsess over this.

pg_lost

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a foreign name, and like you, i feel really self concious about it. Thats why I made up a north american name, but now kind of want to go back.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

V-men

Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys just learn to live with it. I'm from Bosnia and I live in the Netherlands. My first name is ok to speak out. But my last name is so difficult people can't even speak it out. I learned to deal with it. It's a part of my identity and no way I'm going to change it.

SuavePlaya

Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was younger I use to be self conscious about it. I would remember in school when they would have to pronounce my name for attendance it would take the teacher 2 or 3 times to get it correct. When I was younger I used a american name and I felt really fake when I was using it I don't know why. Why make a fuss about a name? I later found out how pointless it was to care about a name. V-men, I'am from montenegro.

OTB

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dropping bombs on AFC strongholds in the city that
SuSHI said:
This is for the people in north America.

I just want to know how many people on this board has a foreign name, and their experiences with it.
I can relate to you on this one...

I have a completely Russian name that is no-where to the typical Anglo-Saxon names everyone is used to over here in the States.

But, as long as I can remember, I have always been proud of the name bestowed upon me by the grace of God. :cool:

I do not even consider it a liabilitiy anymore :yes:
In fact it sets me apart from all the other guys chicks come in contact with...
(I'm talking about those typical names like Joe, Jim, Bob, John)

From whenever I can remeber, the b1tcjes that I game always end up saying something along the lines of,
"Oh My God! That is suuuuch a cool name! Where are you from?"

Can't really say I'm upset with that kind of response ;)

The Master Disaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My name is a typical sounding name, except it spelt different. It's the Gallic spelling. It's really only one letter changed, but people have a hard time grasping the concept.

People are always caught off-guard, and usually over pronounce things. I've heard god knows how many different ways pronunciations.

But I'm with you all, I love my name.

People always give me looks like "Where do you put the Y?" I always say something witty like, "Guess" or "It goes in the beginning. It's silent."

Usually, people complement it, saying it makes me unique. I certainly think so.

So guys, go with your names though, no one wants to be another John Roberts or John Doe.

Be unique.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a foreign, Asian name (and lots of nicknames I made up just for fun when I'm out picking up). When I explain the meaning of my real name to people, especially women, they go "Wow! That's so cool!" I love my name.

SuSHI

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, so I have had a north american name for a long time, and have dated outside my race before. I am asian, and my asian name is pretty asian sounding (Its pronounced KWANG). Anyways, I am going back to school and have decided to have a fresh start and use my asian name. I honestly will feel pretty self concious about it, esp when trying to game girls that are not asian.

Is this really stupid? I dont care for politically correct answers, I can respect whatever you guys think. Have anyone here had the same problems when gaming girls, or am I just being stupid?

i am proud of the name, and thats why I am doing this, I just want to know what to expect.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're just being stupid about it. I date mostly non-Asian girls (majority being white girls). Never had a problem with the name. The only time there was a slightest issue was when I dated an Asian Australian girl who found it strange that I don't have an anglocized name and assumed that I was some crazy traditional or too much into ethnic pride or some sh!t. I just told her that I already have a name, why need another one?

Smack

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The vast majority or North Americans will have foreign names, and doesn't do them any harm.

SuSHI

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I Agree.
I think that it's not my name that i dislike, but the stereotype of asians that go along with really asian sounding names. Its like you never see a cool asian on tv with a foreign name (or much asians at all).

for example. Harold from Harold and Kumar.