Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you bring up that her online dating profile is still online?

HankHill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why? His actions say he doesnt want to be exclusive and isnt interested in it, but he somehow expects her to be exclusive? I mean it makes so little sense to me I dont even know what the discussion is about.

Either he wants to be invested in a relationship or he doesn't. He doesn't get to play both sides of the card while holding her to only playing one.
Why what? I'm confused too.

Also are you new here or did I log into a different website LOL I'm just messing with you because while I agree with what you said (except for the insecurity part) all the 'Alphas' here supposedly do what Rick is trying to do. I don't, I'm an LTR guy so I stop dating others when I find the one I think is a LTR material.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Low interest.. She is keeping her options open!

My long term plate soon to be girlfriend removed herself from online dating within two weeks of dating.

She gives me her phone all of the time, the only thing she has is Facebook and I don't give much fuks about that.

3 months in you say? Yup she is defo keeping options open.

If she is showing as ONLINE on a dating site, then without a doubt she is talking to other dudes, receiving Dik pics from them.

Who knows what she will do next.. Maybe go on a date?
Not too sure about her seeing other dudes, but it's possible. I do know for a fact she has orbiters contacting her, but she claims she doesn't respond. She thinks it's funny the way these guys keep contacting her and she just ignores them. It's one of the reasons why my trust isn't very high with her. I've said to her trust grows over time and by actions, not by words.

Glad you pointed this out, I had similar thoughts. If you want someone to commit, you have to be willing to commit or move in that direction as well. From what OP has shared, it seems that she has shown more interest in something more than he has.
Not really, I've shown interest as I'd did bring up if she was sleeping and seeing others a few weeks ago. I've shown more interest in the past, and it just torpedoed it.

Ok, so you've been seeing each other for 3 months and you were still logging into OLD a few weeks ago. You then for some reason, complain that she's done the same thing you just said you did. And then you've not actually told us if you like her or not, what you want from her, and what context you feel that puts both of your behaviors in for you.

Honestly you confuse me more than a woman ever could hope to. I don't understand what, if any 'problem' as such at all? that you're trying to communicate.
Allow me to reword. I hid my profile about six weeks ago. About 3 weeks ago I deactivated it. For some reason I had a strange feeling, so I logged in and reactivate the profile and she was there. I do not know if she's active or not, but it is still online. I think it's pretty obvious that I like her, but been burned before so I am keeping my cards close to my vest.

Then talk to her about it. If you feel that it’s at the point where there is no need for her (and you) to have an account online then express that, because that’s what seems be bothering you. If she seems resistant to that then you have more clarity about her intentions and how much she is keeping her options open.

She’s limited by what you say and do, she’s not a mind reader so I’m assuming she has no idea that this is even an issue.

If you don’t bring it up with her then how is communication going to work in this potential relationship, if that’s where you want this to go?

The other option is to withdraw, which, if she is keeping her options open, will confirm in her mind why she should.

I don’t get why some guys have such an issue with communicating what is bothering them with a girl they are dating. It doesn’t mean you are weak, it means you have boundaries that you want her to be aware of.

I wonder how many guys messed up a good thing by withdrawing and stepping up some ‘game’ rather than actually communicating with the girl when an issue arose.
How would someone bring up is your profile still online? Seems awfully insecure as Marmel suggests. I've done that before, and they lie about it or hide it, or get offensive. One did deactivate and then was still online as I found she was matched and conversing with a friend. We just happened to be talking about online dating and he mentioned this new one, and I said she sounded very familiar. Low and behold, she lied and I walked away.

Two reasons:

1) They think expressing boundaries overtly is more likely to be counter-productive than make a difference, because it just lets her know what to hide and you'll see her actions and thus level of respect for you anyway (this is me).

or,

2) They've read online by "alphas" that you're not "alpha" if you want someone to be your girlfriend and you make it happen (or if you want someone to be your girlfriend period). If you want it then you have to sit and wait for her to do it, or you're beta. At the same time "alphas do what they want" and "men are direct".
Has nothing to to with "alpha" BS you are talking about. Comes off needy and desperate. That's the issue.

See I have a problem with this. My ex (3+yr LTR) used to throw the 'insecurity' label at me because I wasn't ok with her going out for drinks with her ex. I told her, it's not insecurity it's out right disrespectful to me. I'm territorial and loyal and expect the same from a woman who wants more than a romp with me.

LTRs are a bit different than this early dating situation though. Rick, is your profile still up?

For now I'd say don't invest too much emotionally but keep going as if nothing has happened because her actions (from what you've described) do say that she's into you, right now. When she brings up the exclusivity thing at that point you can define what that means to you. Although, she has to be a gf/LTR material before you go that route.
I am holding myself back in terms of investing too much. The last time I did that was last year and it really hurt as she told me I was the one she was looking for and other BS. Then she just ghosted. I trusted she took her profile down too, but no, she was on three sites. That really hurt me and prevents me from trusting or giving too much of myself too early on. With this one, I met her family multiple times, as well as friends and co-workers. She met mine as well. I would say it really changed the way I thought of dating moving forward. Since then, I become more aloof and quiet. I would say that break hurt as my as my LTR as I opened up and exposed my feelings.

Yes, my profile is online now, but I've not responded to any ladies that liked me or messaged me. She's also gone silent since last night. Usually, by now, I hear from her. I wonder if she knows that my profile is online..

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Why? His actions say he doesnt want to be exclusive and isnt interested in it, but he somehow expects her to be exclusive? I mean it makes so little sense to me I dont even know what the discussion is about.

Either he wants to be invested in a relationship or he doesn't. He doesn't get to play both sides of the card while holding her to only playing one.
Not sure where you got that idea.

Why what? I'm confused too.

Also are you new here or did I log into a different website LOL I'm just messing with you because while I agree with what you said (except for the insecurity part) all the 'Alphas' here supposedly do what Rick is trying to do. I don't, I'm an LTR guy so I stop dating others when I find the one I think is a LTR material.
Again, when I saw this going the way I liked, I stopped dating others, since we talked about sex and other people; unless she forgot. Wouldn't be surprised. I'm not trying to be difficult, I am just guarded.

HankHill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hear you, been there myself several times recently. I think playing it safe emotionally is good but reactivating your profile and leaving it like that wasn't good. When you distanced yourself the first thing she likely thought of doing was? check to see if you're back in the dating pool. So now you've likely created a situation for yourself where she most likely saw your profile and now thinks the same of you i.e. you have little interest in her and looking to meet others. It would've been best to ignore her profile and go by her actions; if she's spending time with you and having sex with you that's all a guy should care about. When "she" brings up being exclusive that's when you discuss what that means and all.

At this point, my suggestion is to hide your profile, wait a day or so and see if she reaches out, if not you can either meet with her 'in person' then discuss all this (if you like her and can see yourself in a LTR with her) or just move on.

Chi Town

Banned
Reaction score
As many have already stated, she s keeping her options open, in her mind, something better may come up

R

Ranger

As many have already stated, she s keeping her options open, in her mind, something better may come up
Sometimes I read that different. Those good feelings have faded with every guy she’s been with. Why should she think that this guy can maintain those good feelings and excitement?
I can see anyone doing this. How many women pan out for us?
The OP needs to understand that his frame is off and that trying to get a girlfriend is feminine and plays into the feminine imperative.
Until she can integrate into his permanent frame, she is just another woman. No better. No worse.
But this is a lot of learning away from now. Even then it’s no guarantee he will ever have a frame where the woman integrates into. Molds into. Shapes into.

HankHill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll say it again, if she's spending time with you and having sex with you everything else is a moot point UNTIL she brings up exclusivity and that point you can worry about leaving profile up or her going out to drinks with the singles meetup groups in fishnets etc.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yikes, the theories are abounding on this thread. A lot of SS posters have a tendency to way over-analyze. That's ok, good to see all perspectives.

This has happened to me before, here are my thoughts:

- If you saw her profile that means YOU'RE still on the site too. She knows that. Fair play.
- Some people purchase dating app plans for a few months at time. I had a gf a few years back bring up that mine was still active. I totally forgot about it and hadn't logged in a while because i was dating her for a few months. I just said, "Oh, I didn't realize that. I haven't really been checking it." And left it at that.
-All these over-thought comments about she's playing you, low IL, etc. are mostly BS. This board can be intensely negative and the thinking always seems to default to worst case scenario, especially with two SS posters I read a lot from.
-Sounds like neither of you are confident enough to have a talk. Be bold and confident, that's what MEN do. I would simply tell her what your relationship goals are; LTR, STR, FWB, NSA, whatever. Say you're really busy and want to make sure you're both on the same page. If she hesitates just say, "Ok, no problem, seeing other people is probably a good idea anyway." Carry on as usual. Most guys are too chickens*hit to bring this up. If she says she's not going to see other people, ok, believe her until you have reason not to. Don't be a SS Paranoid I read way too much from. They rely on all this PUA and formulaic game BS and usually get burned and/or waste time on a women with low IL. Had they stated their goals, asked about hers, and then watched, they would have gotten their answer.

MEN TALK ABOUT GOALS AND WHAT THEY WANT. P*ussies play games. Be bold. If she wants to date around, fine, decide if you still want to see her at that point. At least you'll know.

Good luck.

~Dash

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I hear you, been there myself several times recently. I think playing it safe emotionally is good but reactivating your profile and leaving it like that wasn't good. When you distanced yourself the first thing she likely thought of doing was? check to see if you're back in the dating pool. So now you've likely created a situation for yourself where she most likely saw your profile and now thinks the same of you i.e. you have little interest in her and looking to meet others. It would've been best to ignore her profile and go by her actions; if she's spending time with you and having sex with you that's all a guy should care about. When "she" brings up being exclusive that's when you discuss what that means and all.

At this point, my suggestion is to hide your profile, wait a day or so and see if she reaches out, if not you can either meet with her 'in person' then discuss all this (if you like her and can see yourself in a LTR with her) or just move on.
I will hide it and see how it goes.

Sometimes I read that different. Those good feelings have faded with every guy she’s been with. Why should she think that this guy can maintain those good feelings and excitement?
The OP needs to understand that his frame is off and that trying to get a girlfriend is feminine and plays into the feminine imperative.
Until she can integrate into his permanent frame, she is just another woman. No better. No worse.
But this is a lot of learning away from now. Even then it’s no guarantee he will ever have a frame where the woman integrates into. Molds into. Shapes into.
What sorts of ways should I work on my frame?

I'll say it again, if she's spending time with you and having sex with you everything else is a moot point UNTIL she brings up exclusivity and that point you can worry about leaving profile up or her going out to drinks with the singles meetup groups in fishnets etc.
Yes, we had sex each day from Friday - Sunday. She seemed satisfied prior to her leaving on Sunday.

Yikes, the theories are abounding on this thread. A lot of SS posters have a tendency to way over-analyze. That's ok, good to see all perspectives.

- If you saw her profile that means YOU'RE still on the site too. She knows that. Fair play.
- Some people purchase dating app plans for a few months at time. I had a gf a few years back bring up that mine was still active. I totally forgot about it and hadn't logged in a while because i was dating her for a few months. I just said, "Oh, I didn't realize that. I haven't really been checking it." And left it at that.
-All these over-thought comments about she's playing you, low IL, etc. are mostly BS. This board can be intensely negative and the thinking always seems to default to worst case scenario, especially with two SS posters I read a lot from.
-Sounds like neither of you are confident enough to have a talk. Be bold and confident, that's what MEN do. I would simply tell her what your relationship goals are; LTR, STR, FWB, NSA, whatever. Say you're really busy and want to make sure you're both on the same page. If she hesitates just say, "Ok, no problem, seeing other people is probably a good idea anyway." Carry on as usual. Most guys are too chickens*hit to bring this up. If she says she's not going to see other people, ok, believe her until you have reason not to. Don't be a SS Paranoid I read way too much from. They rely on all this PUA and formulaic game BS and usually get burned and/or waste time on a women with low IL. Had they stated their goals, asked about hers, and then watched, they would have gotten their answer.

MEN TALK ABOUT GOALS AND WHAT THEY WANT. P*ussies play games. Be bold. If she wants to date around, fine, decide if you still want to see her at that point. At least you'll know.

Good luck.

~Dash
My account was deactivated, so it would be impossible for her to see me, as it was not online. I only went online because I had a gut feeling about hers. It's a free app she's using.

I will discuss in person if / when I see her. We've not made plans yet, so I was going to reach out tom. to see what her weekend looks like? This, again, just threw me through a loop.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I will hide it and see how it goes.

What sorts of ways should I work on my frame?

Yes, we had sex each day from Friday - Sunday. She seemed satisfied prior to her leaving on Sunday.

My account was deactivated, so it would be impossible for her to see me, as it was not online. I only went online because I had a gut feeling about hers. It's a free app she's using.

I will discuss in person if / when I see her. We've not made plans yet, so I was going to reach out tom. to see what her weekend looks like? This, again, just threw me through a loop.
If you ask her in the right tone, and frame of mind you won't be seen as weak or insecure. Be confident and bold. She'll probably be blown away because most men are to afraid to go there. Your attitude/frame should always be IDGAF and Abundnace Mindset. Nothing wrong with wanting a LTR or steady gf if that's your goal. Just ensure you're not wasting your time as it's your most precious resource.

Let us know how it turns out.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On halloween she wasn't acting nice and was really pissing me off. She wanted to come back to my place, but I'd have to drive her home, so I dropped her off at her place and said good night. She messaged me later asking what was wrong and if she did anything, I said it's all good. Good night.

On Thursday, she went to a place we visited and picked up a sexy outfit and texted me the picture. Asking me what do you think. I was surprised she went back and purchased it. That night she baked some things and offered for me to come over, I declined. She pushed a little more and I said if you want to drive to my place, that would be okay, and she did. That was the night where we had the condom fiasco. We didn't see each other until this past Friday, and she drove over and stayed unit Monday. We had sex each day and she cooked a few things for me. She says that I am hard to figure out, but is growing closer and more trusting to me. She's shared a lot about her family and friends, but I'm still quiet on a lot of things. Just giving nibbles here and there. She always contacts me first, I never reach out, but reply when I have time. She shares intimate things about her family issues and asks for my opinion. So, not sure what to make of it. I've also spoken to her mother a few times and her mother made me some food that this lady gave to me. So, before this, I thought there was some substance building. I guess I need to take a step back and reorganize. I did freak out a bit about the condom breaking, so maybe that changed her opinion of me. Who knows.

I just logged back in, and she's still a match, but she's no longer in general search. Not sure if she saw that I looked at her profile. Nothing changed, but to say I am surprised, would be be an understatement. Going to back away and slow my responses back to her. We didn't make any plans for this weekend, and I will keep it like that. I already have a few ladies that reached out to me, and 41 new likes. It would be nice if I didn't have to go through these games.
As you, yourself stated, you are purposefully holding back and staying aloof while she is investing. She is experiencing these actions as "he's just not that into me". Your behavior/approach is making her feel insecure. Then there lack of solidifying the relationship. All of it has her keeping her options open.

Relationships should grow over time. You're not invested/growing and she sees/feels that.

I'm not saying you are right or wrong in your approach, just telling you what I see, from my perspective, based on what you typed.

That or her profile was never offline and you just missed it the first time.

HankHill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not moot if you're emotionally attaching while she is emotionally detaching. It's not moot if this Gil is a complacency buffer to avoid seeking out new women.
True, that's why I said don't overly invest emotionally (until you know she's invested in you). A woman who's emotionally detaching will start to spend less time with you, the passion during sex will be less, she'll act more aloof when she's with you so you can tell by the subtle changes in their behavior/actions unless she's really the player type of a woman who's good at hiding and faking stuff. In that case, you couldn't win anyway.

The problem I'm seeing (in my personal experience) these days is that people are so burnt by others, both genders (especially by the time we're in our mid 30s and above) that we're overly cautious of every little move, it's really hard to make deep connections. Everything is looked at as a red-flag e.g. a single person never married by 40 can be a red flag, the same single person previously married can also be red flag. Plus all the PUA stuff (and believe me women have read just as many of those as us thanks to the Internet, YouTube 'coaches', Amazon's books etc etc) dating has literally become a game of chess trying to one up the other person.

Personally, I think it's OK to take chances in life even if they result in a failure/heartbreak whatever as long as it's something you want/like. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Chi Town

Banned
Reaction score

Good luck.

~Dash
A lot of truth in this.

Chi Town

Banned
Reaction score
Those good feelings don't fade this early, and yes, most women lose these feels eventually with most men, but not all, there are men who can continue to cause those feels, I've done it and know ppl who's doing it now.

Last edited:

Chi Town

Banned
Reaction score
At the end of the day, who gives a sh!t, let her Do what she does, just enjoy the time your spending with her and enjoy the sex, whatever she does when she's not around you is a mot issue.

Oh, and no, do not bring it up, it makes you look bad.

Be confident that she won't find another guy like you, if you feel this way you wouldn't even care about her having a profile.

R

Ranger

Those good feelings don't care this early, and yes, most women lose these feels eventually with most men, but not all, there are men who can continue to cause those feels, I've done it and know ppl who's doing it now.
30 + years is a long time. You’re way more skilled than I am.
Actually they can lose it on the same day they get it.
So that’s my position. I’ve done it and seen it.

Chi Town

Banned
Reaction score
30 + years is a long time. You’re way more skilled than I am.
Actually they can lose it on the same day they get it.
So that’s my position. I’ve done it and seen it.
Yeah, women are fickle, they like you on Tuesday but Thursday? Not so much lol.

But ask yourself this, how much does a girl like you if it fades in a 48hr time span? How much attraction was really there?

When a women feels that "raw animalistic attraction" for a man, it doesn't fade in such a short time span.

Like a girl who "likes" a guy meets another guy now she's trying to mess with him. She obviously wasn't all that into the first guy.

Attraction and interest levels fall on a scale, if her interest is between 5-6 she will have minimum involment with you, sure she may fvck you and text you cute messages but all she s doing is setting up a harem, just like we do.

If her attraction to you is at a 7, then this is where she seems very involved with you and her interest is high but your still not that top guy so she will still keep her options open for something better, why? Because based on the scale theres someone better than can come along.

OP, I'm not saying I know for sure this is happening in your situation, just keep what I'm saying in mind.

Chi Town

Banned
Reaction score
And yes, generally speaking, those exciting feels will fade, most of the time, not all.

This is why guys gotta live by that old saying "shes not yours, it's just your turn"

Understand women's nature and understand that they come and go

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's my mindset, and you learn they don't pan out with those that come after you too, in due time.
When you see for yourself how many options they have, like when they show you an inbox or whatever, and then you think to the fact that they can still be more or less single for years and years and years despite ostensibly "trying" or "wanting" to find a boyfriend. The only explanation I can give for it is like that whirlpool analogy I think you linked the other day. The validation and excitement of their options progressively becomes an addiction to that high, that their brains become more and more desensitized to which just makes them more and more jaded. That's how you get the chronic damage, which I doubt they could heal even if they recognized it and wanted to... it's a hard journey from addiction to abstinence and health.

Last edited: