"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Do you all ever do group dates?

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 27, 2017
Messages
4,087
Reaction score
1,724
Age
29
I was always wondering about this. Are group dates ok or do you all only do one on one dates? I feel like a woman would more likely go on a group date with you if you haven’t built enough comfort yet, but idk if they’re optimal for building attraction. By group date I mean just going to a social event or a party, sometimes even with a group of friends. Just somewhere where other people will be present.

I ask because I have an eye on this girl in college. There’s a pancake night event coming up tomorrow. I need to ask her out soon. But I’m not sure if it would be more socially savvy to ask her if she wants to go to the pancake night where there will be lots of people, or ask her out on a 1 on 1 coffee date.

What do you all think?
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Trump

Banned
Joined
Mar 12, 2011
Messages
3,000
Reaction score
1,669
Are group dates ok or do you all only do one on one dates?
For me, unless she is pregnant or dependent on me in some way that can’t easily be replaced, no group dates.

I ask because I have an eye on this girl in college. There’s a pancake night event coming up tomorrow. I need to ask her out soon. But I’m not sure if it would be more socially savvy to ask her if she wants to go to the pancake night where there will be lots of people, or ask her out on a 1 on 1 coffee date.

What do you all think?
Ask for a 1 on 1 pancake date.

Group dates are too risky in my opinion, she has the opportunity to flirt and be with any guy in the date. Heck, if any other person is that group knows you and is a little jealous, they will destroy you In front of her.

For others it may work beautifully. I don’t trust them.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

lamath

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 29, 2018
Messages
2,714
Reaction score
2,659
Age
45
Location
Canada
A few a my friends are having a party and inviting a women they want me to meet.
Im not the best at scoring in a party.

Any advise? Talk to her and find a reason to isolate if i feel it?
 

DumbSS

Banned
Joined
Jan 16, 2019
Messages
42
Reaction score
19
Age
31
I was going to say group dates are not qualifiers for courtship & are more to gauge social chemistry when you’re thinking about committing -until I read pancake night. There’s a big difference between going out as a group & asking someone out to an event. I’d say do it, super chill. Also, what danger said is good, but only start the jealousy antics if she seems too aloof. Key word Too, playing a bit aloof is part of the chase game. Plus this is also good because you can pull the ‘wanna get out of here?’ Card if it’s going well. A one on one date doesn’t really have that benefit without really working for it. Plus ‘pancake night’??? Are you kidding lmao that’s adorable.
 

Glassguy

Moderator
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
4,789
Reaction score
8,861
Age
49
I was always wondering about this. Are group dates ok or do you all only do one on one dates? I feel like a woman would more likely go on a group date with you if you haven’t built enough comfort yet, but idk if they’re optimal for building attraction. By group date I mean just going to a social event or a party, sometimes even with a group of friends. Just somewhere where other people will be present.

I ask because I have an eye on this girl in college. There’s a pancake night event coming up tomorrow. I need to ask her out soon. But I’m not sure if it would be more socially savvy to ask her if she wants to go to the pancake night where there will be lots of people, or ask her out on a 1 on 1 coffee date.

What do you all think?
I strongly oppose group "dates". Always one on one.

However- in this situation it might work to your favor. You are already going to this event so telling her "You should join" isnt a bad idea. Whether she shows up or not will indicate her interest level. If she does show up, chill at the event for a while and then take her somewhere else for one on one.

If she doesnt show, no big deal. You are going anyways and there will be more chicks there for you to talk to.

If I am inviting a chick out for drinks, its ALWAYS one on one. I dont need her friends c0ckblocking my certain progress once I get her out on a drinks date.
 

steelpulse

Banned
Joined
Dec 2, 2018
Messages
92
Reaction score
37
Age
34
Myself and multiple women, yes.

One woman, multiple guys, no.

Two guys, two girls with at least one of the girls into me, no grenades preferably is fine.

Actually I take that back, one girl multiple guys is not ideal but I'll wind up with the girl anyway.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 16, 2012
Messages
7,427
Reaction score
5,805
I love group dates once I got intimate with the girl, group date give her the chance to unload her 5000 words while allowing me not to listen to more than 1000 of them.

She feels your commitment so doesnt throw sh1t at you while you can just let others to PAY attention non stop.

I believe its a NO before sex happened and a great YES once she is in the commitment testing phase, in my life I only found a couple of girls that I genuinely liked to spend more than 5 hours with.
 

steelpulse

Banned
Joined
Dec 2, 2018
Messages
92
Reaction score
37
Age
34
Nah group dates are fine before sex.

It's all about whether she's attracted to you not date logistics so much.

Don't worry about these details. The only thing that matters is how attractive you are.
 
Top