Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do we become more fearful as we get older?

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A different angle here.

It's possible a lot of the fear can just be a sign of lower T and vitamin deficiencies. Especially if your mindset is right, which it seems like it is for you.

Try intermittent fasting for a week but keep up with vitamins and supplements (I think you're the one who made the post asking about supplements) and see how you feel.

Also, for me personally, I was having way too much caffeine which made me more "anxious" than usual. I thought I was turning into a b*tch, but then realized I just had to have a few cups of coffee less per day.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
A different angle here.

It's possible a lot of the fear can just be a sign of lower T and vitamin deficiencies. Especially if your mindset is right, which it seems like it is for you.

Try intermittent fasting for a week but keep up with vitamins and supplements (I think you're the one who made the post asking about supplements) and see how you feel.

Also, for me personally, I was having way too much caffeine which made me more "anxious" than usual. I thought I was turning into a b*tch, but then realized I just had to have a few cups of coffee less per day.
Caffeine absolutely is anxiety fuel.

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find myself becoming more fearful as I age. I am 40 years old. im scared to offend people, im scared of dying one day, im afraid to get into a fight now cause I feel too old to be in a fight, i literally feel like a weak person mentally and physically. I never used to be like this when I was younger. How can I get my edge back or is this just part of getting older?
I dunno man... I am 40 and care less... but I also got on testosterone optimization therapy when I was 39.... so maybe that had something to do with it but I would assume as we age we should probably care less....

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hard physical exercise is a good reset. I like tennis especially singles. Teaches you to forget about the score play life one moment/ball at a time. And of course great benefits for the mind and body. Meditation is a must too

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Age has nothing to do with fear. Everyone feels fear. And at any point in your life, you can get into a rut where it freezes you.

You see elderly men skydiving and young men riding motocross. Overcoming fear transcends age. It's all about living in the moment.

The only thing that changes is experience. It can embolden you or subdue you. But it's really up to you how you harness your personal experience and knowledge. When you start projecting past onto future, you lose the moment for what it is.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im scared to offend people because it seems like nowadays that offending anyone can lead to you getting killed. I see in the news people are getting killed over very small things.

Im scared of dying because life is all I know. i dont wanna be dead for eternity. Eternity is a very long time. It scares me down to the bones knowing that one day I wont exist. There isnt one day where I dont think about dying. I feel like in this life that im trapped in a building with no way out. Death gets us all. Its frightening.
You an atheist?

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find myself becoming more fearful as I age. I am 40 years old. im scared to offend people, im scared of dying one day, im afraid to get into a fight now cause I feel too old to be in a fight, i literally feel like a weak person mentally and physically. I never used to be like this when I was younger. How can I get my edge back or is this just part of getting older?
You can’t experience being dead. It’s the same as the time before you were born. You can’t experience a non-experience.

You will die one day. That’s certain. You cannot fight it.

Time is a human idea. It doesn’t actually exist. If you were to look at Earth from 10 light years away, you would see 2011.

Your actions, every single one, exist forever. You exist forever. You just don’t experience it forever. This is why it’s vital to make the best use of your time. Your life is part of a spiders web of actions, and the actions of others, and your link in the chain cannot be destroyed. It’s eternal.

What happens next, nobody knows. Various religions have formed ideas on the subject. Most, in order to get you to join, make a promise of experiencing life eternally - as the person you are. I think that’s improbable. What happened to aborted foetus? What if you have dementia - is it your 40 year old self? Your dementia self? There are a million holes in it, because the only universal, is change.

The best explanation I’ve read comes from Eastern philosophy which essentially says that your idea of yourself is flawed. You are not “you”, you are a part in a flowing process, like a nerve in an arm. The nerve may die, but the greater “thing” is what reality is - NOT the small voice 2 inches behind your eyes. That is illusory - because the entire experience cannot be accessed in full. We see all experiences differently. There is no “one experience”, we are literally the universe observing itself.

just think, 200 million years ago you would have seen rocks (not sure on that date but broadly making the point). Then you suddenly see the rocks have grown people. That’s what we are, we are not individuals who “broke in” on life like a foreigner - we ARE the whole show. Thus we cannot die, that thing will go on.

This is where the idea of reincarnation gets grossly misrepresented. The eastern religions never once suggested (originally) that you “Bluetooth” to another body. That’s your ego wanting to survive.

The eastern view is that you currently are one node in that system, the system is experiencing everything. Thus when you die, you will cease to exist, but you were never “you”, you are actually God, and so is everyone else. So there’s nothing to lose, you aren’t who you think you are.

This explanation works for me, it can (vaguely) be applied to any other religion and it’s almost completely logically infallible.

the other funny thing about this, is that most experience is toil and struggle. The eastern philosophy are wanting to get OUT of that, to not exist at all. We are obsessed with staying in it!

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I’m 54 in the best shape of my life and easily posses the highest SMV I ever had, why? Because I’ve become fearless. Check your hormones, and lift heavy. I’m the biggest I’ve ever been and lean. Bigger guys avoid me, where before they’d ape and confront. Become formidable and people will avoid offending YOU. I suffer no fools, confront when you have to, even if you won’t win - that alone will make a difference. I stand 5’9, 200lbs @10% bf, I’ve stood my ground against men at 6’2” 265 in shape, they back down because they make a calculation: “I might win but he’s gunna **** me up on the way down.” This is mostly the result of an ******* trying to Mac on a date when I hit the latrine, or grabbing a drink.

be fearless, work on your crazy ass stare.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've heard that the brain isn't fully developed until adulthood especially for the male brain. You see a lot of high risk dare devil behavior in young men. It dwindles usually after 25. I am no scientist. I just read. Curious if anybody knows that stuff?

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Yes the human brain does not stop developing until about 25 years of age.

King Lion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
'For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.' - 2 TIMOTHY 1:7

King Lion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Im scared to offend people because it seems like nowadays that offending anyone can lead to you getting killed. I see in the news people are getting killed over very small things.

Im scared of dying because life is all I know. i dont wanna be dead for eternity. Eternity is a very long time. It scares me down to the bones knowing that one day I wont exist. There isnt one day where I dont think about dying. I feel like in this life that im trapped in a building with no way out. Death gets us all. Its frightening.
1624717482467.png

1624717586122.png

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I too fear things that I didn't when I was in my 20s. But that's only because my value has gone up. I now have a pretty successful career which I place as a high priority, a goddaughter who I love greatly, a new appreciation of experiencing things like traveling and seeing the world, and I've also learned from my stupid mistakes when I was younger. Perhaps you're in the same boat as I am and haven't realized it.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m 54 in the best shape of my life and easily posses the highest SMV I ever had, why? Because I’ve become fearless. Check your hormones, and lift heavy. I’m the biggest I’ve ever been and lean. Bigger guys avoid me, where before they’d ape and confront. Become formidable and people will avoid offending YOU. I suffer no fools, confront when you have to, even if you won’t win - that alone will make a difference. I stand 5’9, 200lbs @10% bf, I’ve stood my ground against men at 6’2” 265 in shape, they back down because they make a calculation: “I might win but he’s gunna **** me up on the way down.” This is mostly the result of an ******* trying to Mac on a date when I hit the latrine, or grabbing a drink.

be fearless, work on your crazy ass stare.
Hmm people do get killed over small ****. I had a run in with a drugs guy at the bus stop recently. He was threatening to bash his woman there and I wasn't going to put up with that. It came to nothing much I just kept moving around him and maintaining arm's length distance. He tried to follow us on to the bus and I put a hand on his throat and pushed him off. I agreed with my woman afterwards that I didn't quite handle it right we should have phoned the cops and then stood up to him. This is Australia the worst I was worried about was a knife and I can deal with that. I don't think I would get involved in the USA where the ****er might have a gun.

The part I did get right with 20 years of martial arts in my back pocket is I didn't take the ****er out when he was provoking and threatening me. It would have been easy he was a headhunter and my first move would have been to kick the side of his knee.

I d be very careful about taking this kind of extreme advice

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I d say one slight modification to the excellent I can handle this mindset. I can handle this because I always do my best. And I learn and get even better.

That's a confident learner/anti fragile mind set.

It covers the situations where you don't win and it happens in life sometimes but you always learnt something and kept moving forward. Great thing about this my message is nobody can stop you learning. And believe me over the long-term the learning adds up and starts shifting the odds in your favour.

You might think that's just BS boosterism law of attraction crap. I promise you there is plenty of research behind this one being a great mindset to instill. You don't need to read the books I did it for you.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
It’s not advice, it’s personal experience.

I’m a combat veteran and can handle myself, thanks for your concern.

I don’t start fights but I’ll sure end them, with extreme prejudice.

Hmm people do get killed over small ****. I had a run in with a drugs guy at the bus stop recently. He was threatening to bash his woman there and I wasn't going to put up with that. It came to nothing much I just kept moving around him and maintaining arm's length distance. He tried to follow us on to the bus and I put a hand on his throat and pushed him off. I agreed with my woman afterwards that I didn't quite handle it right we should have phoned the cops and then stood up to him. This is Australia the worst I was worried about was a knife and I can deal with that. I don't think I would get involved in the USA where the ****er might have a gun.

The part I did get right with 20 years of martial arts in my back pocket is I didn't take the ****er out when he was provoking and threatening me. It would have been easy he was a headhunter and my first move would have been to kick the side of his knee.

I d be very careful about taking this kind of extreme advice

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wasn't concerned for you Rambo. Just young guys who could end up in the joint if they followed your unbalanced advice.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
It's strange, my post wasn't about LOOKING for trouble, in fact, I actively avoid it as any sane person would do. Again no advice other than being fearless, which does not mean go looking for trouble. "Rambo"? No young brother, just someone who can handle himself in a scrape should it come down to it. Anyway, this part of the discussion is moot.

I wasn't concerned for you Rambo. Just young guys who could end up in the joint if they followed your unbalanced advice.