Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do we become more fearful as we get older?

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lowered T can increase fear & anxiety
5 posts until someone came up with this? FFS some people aren't remotely competitive.
To me, feeling like one has nothing to prove to anybody is the polar opposite of low T.
It's like some people (no names mentioned) seem to blame racism for their ills. Can't get a
job - racism, can't get credit - racism, was held by the Police for a time - racism.
I see a parallel with this all too common "low T" mantra on here.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not a lot of science support for T supplementation doing much. I d go with the natural methods lifting, more sleep, competitive sports first.
It sounds counter intuitive obviously something in play we don't understand yet. Like the example where resveretrol from diet works but resveretrol supplements actually cause negative effects.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say most people become less fearful as they get older. But they may get more cautious, because you realize some of the stupid things you've done and try to avoid them. You also become more aware of your limitations, and act accordingly.

Aristippus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Maximus,

It sounds like your biggest fear is the fear of death. There are a couple of realizations or truths that can help you with that. Just realize that first of all, death is something every human being experiences so you're in good company.

Every human who ever existed has or will die. Everyone responding to you on this topic will eventually pass away. So we are all in the same boat. We will all be as dead as doornails.

There are 2 possibilities. There is no life after this one or there is an afterlife. Let's start with possibility #1. If this life is it, death is pretty much like sleep. Reality is you've spent billions of years not existing before you were born. Do you have one single unpleasant memory from the time before you were born? Any misery or suffering during the time you didn't exist?

See, you have already experienced death and you didn't even realize it. In a sense we experience something like death whenever we have dreamless sleep.

The second possibility is there is a life after this one. If near-death experiences are actually visits to a spiritual realm that we go to after death, all NDE accounts I have heard are pleasant and a better life is waiting for us on the other side of this one. If NDEs are simply brain activity before dieing, then our last moments would be pleasant ones before falling asleep.

Either way you look at it, suffering ends at death so there's Nothing to be afraid of. Finally, as far as fear of injury, don't live in fear but learn some basic self-defense and also the mental and social skills for avoiding or de-escalating situations that could turn violent (95% of potentially violent situations can be avoided or verbally de-escalated)

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the appetite to take risks, especially risks that involve your life, sort of decreases as you get older. I'm not sure if any in the older crowd would be into sky-diving, risky mountain biking, or any other risky sort of behaviour. I've noticed after a couple of bike accidents where I almost fell into a river, and another one where I flipped over a bike, went airborne, and landed straight on my chest, basically made me grow old fast and lose my risk taking appetite.

KindredSpiritzz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am 40 years old. im scared to offend people
thats funny, im 55 and i tend to be more blunt now and i could care less about offending people. I se to fear death as well but as i get older and my body starts going i tend to think i will welcome death when it comes. I don't think i want to live too long in a body thats all stove up, my best years a distant memory, eyesight terrible, aches, pains and all that jazz. Im in great shape now but im not who i was at 40 and by 70 im sure i'll be a lot worse. I'll be ready to see whats beyond the curtain of death im thinking, long as death doesnt come for me to soon.
All that you feel is just part of getting old, you're at the age where you're suddenly realizing your not invincible. The wall catches up with men too, just differently than women.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You only become more fearful when you have less testosterone. Men freely risked their lives during times when the first world wasn't around. And obviously, there has always been men fearful of their deaths. But they never were in positions of warriors or other frontline professions. Fear is born from the feminine. Mastery of fear is born from the masculine. Become masculine.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most become so fearful of life that they wind up going to breakfast to "party" when they grow older. I will say jumping out of an airplane at 19, no fear. Skydiving again at 26 was a different story...I felt like I had much more to lose at that point. I lived fast and loose when I was in WA state for four years of my life. Now I'm learning how to relax again, this time with the help of THC gummy worms lolol.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find myself becoming more fearful as I age. I am 40 years old. im scared to offend people, im scared of dying one day, im afraid to get into a fight now cause I feel too old to be in a fight, i literally feel like a weak person mentally and physically. I never used to be like this when I was younger. How can I get my edge back or is this just part of getting older?
I was watching some JBP Maps of meaning or psych class. I think it was the Peter Pan break down. He spoke about the untapped potentiality of a child. Peter Pan never grow up. Part of growing up is having hopefully tapped into your potentiality. Carl Jung talks about going full circle and reclaiming what you lost becoming an adult.

The problem with adulthood is that people get stagnant. They fail to prosper in aggregate.

I flip the script. It's because I will due I am inspired to live my best life and be on my purpose. Gun to the head... get biz scaled up. Pull hotter and younger. Tap back into that childhood-like curiosity but as a adult having lived. Having gone through the fire.

Spontaneity is key. Also make new pals in 20s and 30s. Fellas who got the fire still. It's synergistic.
It's possible.

I've had personal experiences with psilocybin. Although psychedelics can definitely change the way you see things, I wouldn't necessarily recommend them to just anyone, nor would I suggest that they will certainly solve your problems or alleviate your fears.

Psychedelics have brought me the most amazing experience of my life, but also on a separate occasion the most traumatic experience of my life as well. You'll need to do your own research and determine if they're something you really want to try.

I recommend downloading the Waking Up app by Sam Harris and consuming all the content on the app regarding psychedelics. Alternatively, you can simply search "Sam Harris psychedelics" on YouTube, and I'm sure there will be a lot of informative videos on the subject.
I find exploring consciousness is a great reset. It's a tool but no toy. Meditation is another tool as are sensory deprivation float tanks. Active recovery is key. There's a time to sow and a time to reap.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bravo The Prospect. Well said. That was one the best responses that I have ever read on this forum. Very thoughtful and informative. I appreciate that answer to the fullest. Im actually gonna copy and paste it to take it with me on my phone. On a side note do you think I can lessen or get rid of my fear by doing legal psychedelics in another country. Like with DMT or using weed consistently.
My dmt trip was one of the most profound experiences in my life. It's no joke or Game. It's an experience like being in state. It will pass. While it's an avenue or tool, a alternative would be to build up systems and processes to snap you out of it. I meditate. I fast. Been doing IF since before lock down. I do calisthenics. My sleep Game is bang on.

Create systems that serve you and disrupt the mondanity of everyday life. Younger buds are a great choice for shaking things up and wanting to go out.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m 54 in the best shape of my life and easily posses the highest SMV I ever had, why? Because I’ve become fearless. Check your hormones, and lift heavy. I’m the biggest I’ve ever been and lean. Bigger guys avoid me, where before they’d ape and confront. Become formidable and people will avoid offending YOU. I suffer no fools, confront when you have to, even if you won’t win - that alone will make a difference. I stand 5’9, 200lbs @10% bf, I’ve stood my ground against men at 6’2” 265 in shape, they back down because they make a calculation: “I might win but he’s gunna **** me up on the way down.” This is mostly the result of an ******* trying to Mac on a date when I hit the latrine, or grabbing a drink.

be fearless, work on your crazy ass stare.
So fearless, and yet so scared to think for yourself.

Everybody, this is what a Needy Alpha looks like.

Last edited:

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find myself becoming more fearful as I age. I am 40 years old. im scared to offend people, im scared of dying one day, im afraid to get into a fight now cause I feel too old to be in a fight, i literally feel like a weak person mentally and physically. I never used to be like this when I was younger. How can I get my edge back or is this just part of getting older?
You have to always be pushing the boundaries a little bit. Always go beyond your comfort zone.

Otherwise, you can get stuck in a cycle where you do less and less and your world gets smaller and smaller.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
it is imperative that a man pushes even harder from 50 on. I did a lot of work to clear a lot of false data from myself in this area. Warrior kings fought battles along side their men at what we now consider “old age”.

nearly everything you hear about “old age” is a bold face lie and is nothing more than programming.
Yeah you’re right. I’ve been reading this Beowulf quote a lot lately…

“I've / never known fear, as a youth I fought / in endless battles, I am old now, / But I will fight again, / seek fame still, If the dragon hiding in his tower dares to face me.”