Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do the original ways of a DJ still apply in todays age?

Adz--

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've posted on SS. Been actively reading threads over the years every now and then. So my abbreviations are from the old days of SS.
After coming out of a LTR and observing the dating world, apps, friends, acquaintances, social media etc. I've noticed that the culture and quality of people have tanked significantly by where most women SMV has been inflated more so than where they actually are, resulting in their egos becoming hyper-inflated especially through social media.

I remember not so long ago, (pre-pandemic) where the qualities of a DJ made you stand out and automatically gravitated women of similar calibre towards yourself. Aside from that, I also remember the self confidence that would show through and essentially build your physical and mental frame to be solid. Even AFC's that don't know anything about SS had a mentality where they would improve themselves for their benefit or hold themselves accountable for their actions, willpower and desires.

However what I am noticing now is that most people aren't taking pride in their basics i.e: Having hobbies, improving their SMV in a healthy way, learning new things, having and maintain a proper mentality/ frame, blaming a victim mentality/ unhealthy mindset, and are willing to scrape the bottom of the barrel, basically not being a proper man.

So the main question I'm asking is: (I know inwardly for oneself own gain and growth it is still applicable) Is the constant improvement of oneself i.e: Learning new skills, physical activities, exercising, holding yourself to a set standard, constantly building and getting and becoming a better DJ better still applicable in todays society of dating/ spinning plates. Does it still get the same feedback outwardly?

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it does yes, maybe not in the same numbers, but it will for the right woman. It comes down to your personal choice and priorities. Whether you're willing to put the effort in incase a woman that blows your mind comes along.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of the ideas that emerged in the the 1995-2009 era held up pretty well. There are a few tactics that haven't stood the test of time well (Roosh's pet shop opener as an example) for instance but a lot of general strategies have held up well.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that a man's SMV either exists out of one of these two thing:
1.the bad boy
2. The smart /corporate/hardworking good earning man

You gotta maxXXX either one of these in this era to stand out and have leveraging options with women. Not maximizing = no man's land, the nothing burger ect.

Lets have a look at 1. I grew up in this environment. Most men here follow strict codes and laws on how to behave ,talk ,act ect. Especially when you are younger this vision on life might serve you well around women. When you get older tho...you'll have very little to show for. The most common and best phrase to describe this is get rich or die trying.

Man ,women, society in general have always been fascinated by the life of the outlaw. I mean, from orange is the new black to prison break to the godfather to Breaking bad ect.

The reason why most men will pick 1 over 2 is because you can and will be deleted by either COPS/ the LAW, or other BAD BOYS.

2. Is the most common way most men want. We believe there was a time when a man "just "needed a job to obtain amd maintain a healthy relationship with a woman. Imo this was a VERY brief period in time. Still, Most men suffer from the sexual revolution and the fact that women out earn men. A woman doesn't need men to provide ,combined with as OP said, the glorification of women = they get to choose who they want, mot who they "need". You'll get " crooked " relationships where corporate women date criminal men.

In order to get women ny option 2, you gotta MAXXXXXX yourself . Just hitting the gym and having a blue collared job aint gonna cut it anymore.

The best example of this om sosauve was that thread from that surgeon dude who couldn't get ANY dates.

(Imo) The best way to go is to be in between 1 and 2. It's difficult to explain and figure it out tho...lets say, a surgeon with yet enough dark traits to have an edge.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
(Imo) The best way to go is to be in between 1 and 2. It's difficult to explain and figure it out tho...lets say, a surgeon with yet enough dark traits to have an edge.
Like an older, now reformed, 'bad boy'. Polished and smooth, but still rough around some of the edges.

Adz--

Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of the ideas that emerged in the the 1995-2009 era held up pretty well. There are a few tactics that haven't stood the test of time well (Roosh's pet shop opener as an example) for instance but a lot of general strategies have held up well.
Yes, I agree a lot of the older strategies haven’t held up well at all. Which ones can still be used/ still work in this era?

I’ve been thinking of this lately and I’ve come to the same conclusion. Essentially I think it breaks down into a few things:
1) SMV: to increase A) work out/ gym B) dress well, basically be well put together C) have a decent income where it be a side hustle or main job

2) Mind set: A) books B) experiences

3) Dark traits: now this is something where I’m lacking in and don’t know I’m how to build, any suggestions?

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Modern women, especially in first world countries, are not worth wasting time for. It is best if men have a purpose and build their own life. Women will come, though they will not always be the best of the crop. Finding a good woman is harder in the west, which is why some men are picking up more foreign women. The mistake they make however is bringing those women to first world countries and having her become the same as the women that are present there. So you end up with a worse woman overtime.

All the strats still work from what I have read from older articles and posts. Even stuff as far back as the early 2000s still holds up. Women nature never changes. Only their environment and their incentives. But their biology does not lie. A woman still wants a man for protection and for his d*ck. Those basics are still the same for gaming them.

I think one thing that has been revealed is that women hate feminism. It is not natural and it has caused all their woes. They are just too stupid to admit it.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
3) Dark traits: now this is something where I’m lacking in and don’t know I’m how to build, any suggestions?
Apply your egotistical perspective to any and all situations, make yourself into the center figuratively, value your reputation over everything and don't allow anyone to cross your boundaries and you will be on your way to become 'that copulating jerk'.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Apply your egotistical perspective to any and all situations, make yourself into the center figuratively, value your reputation over everything and don't allow anyone to cross your boundaries and you will be on your way to become 'that copulating jerk'.
+1 and live life on your own terms.

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the original ways of DJs are more important now than they were in the past.

As the number of emasculated men continues to increase, true masculinity will continue to become more rare and valuable. Despite all the post-modern rhetoric we hear through media outlets (e.g., "men are obsolete, girl power, women want sensitive boys"), the principles that make women develop attraction for men have remained untouched for hundreds (if not thousands) of years.

Using a simple supply-and-demand approach, the value of high-value, masculine men who engage in constant improvement will increase significantly as we become more difficult to find. The world is filling up with AFCs. Those of us who are unapologetically male and genuinely seek to become better versions of ourselves--for our own satisfaction--will have an unfair advantage in the dating market.

Men have become very fragile lately and women are taking notice. Chicks are receiving the most attention they have in years (e.g., through social media and online se*ualization), but most of it is coming from the wrong guys (AFCs). As a result, women are struggling and even becoming desperate to find men they respect and find attractive (do some research on your own online!).

Stay hard and keep up the work. These dating dynamics are not changing anytime soon. This book is an excellent source of evidence.

Last edited: