Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do street approaches ever work for you guys?

Sam_J

Don Juan
Reaction score
Very successful for me. But that wasn't the case in the beginning, it took time and practice. That was the only way I actually build some real confidence and "game".

I'm in a relationship now so haven't done it in a while, obviously, but if you have ever read any of my older posts/comments I always advocate for cold approach and avoid OLD for many reasons.

For me, and I say this again FOR ME, my approach to cold approach (pardon the redundancy) was always to find out what is something of value that I can learn from this girl. I saw every strange woman as a whole new universe to explore and made it fun game of exploring and adventuring. So my thought before approaching was "what can I learn from her that will make me a better man and human being and what makes her unique". So that genuine approach and interest will always come across and in theory, should return better results whether in the form of a contact/date or simply a great conversation. This eliminates the fact that most guys approach strange women with a hidden agenda even if they don't know it or think the woman will not notice making them seem like every other creepy guy that has approached her.

Hope that makes sense.

Modern Man Advice
Yeah makes sense. Like I said, I'm better at having interesting convos with girls who are solo and stationary. Trying to approach groups walking on the street too, but it's super awkward, or feels that way sometimes

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They aren't generally treating me like a 5 or less. It happened a couple times on the street when I was acting indirect and awkward as fvck. I chased down two girls at a cross walk at a red light just now and introduced myself and told the closest one I thought she was attractive, and asked her name and number. Got a more neutral/positive reaction, she didn't seem uncomfortable, but she wouldnt give me her number either. Not surprising though, like I said I literally chased her down lmao
What Corrector doesn't understand is that ratings aren't set in stone. they're fluid. One girl might think your a 5 while another will think your an 8. Not every girl will think your a sub-5 if that youtube guy says your a sub-5. reason why people don't get success from street approaches is because its a low percentage game, no matter what the guy looks like. Too many factors working against you for it to be an efficient way of getting laid.

Sam_J

Don Juan
Reaction score
What Corrector doesn't understand is that ratings aren't set in stone. they're fluid. One girl might think your a 5 while another will think your an 8. Not every girl will think your a sub-5 if that youtube guy says your a sub-5. reason why people don't get success from street approaches is because its a low percentage game, no matter what the guy looks like. Too many factors working against you for it to be an efficient way of getting laid.
My theory is maybe it's a way to get with a hot girl, since online dating is strictly a looks game, whereas in person, you might get a couple points just for having the balls to introduce yourself

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a pic on photofeeler. So far there have been 81 votes. I got 18 no, 38somewhat attractive,23yes, and 2very attractive. My average is 5.2
It's funny on Photofeeler. I've had 9 different cell phone pics on there that for attractiveness ranged from a low of 7.9 to a high of 9.4 . For giggles, I put a couple of my girlfriend's picture and they are rated 6-6.5 for attractiveness. .

Most common comment on my photos are "great smile" So your know I'm going to lead with that...If a woman makes eye contact and smiles I take it as an invitation to approach.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am using the scores to assess how unattractive I am. Not how attractive I am. Being that the picture background ect. can affect what score females give you. I think they know instantly if they're not attracted to you. Out of the 84 votes I've received so far, 18 are not attractive. This tells me, if I cold approach a female, I have around 22-25%chance of her instantly dismissing me due to looks. Which I am comfortable with.

Last edited:

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
Yes they do work but don't listen to anyone that says it's easy. You could get lucky and find someone you connect with straight away or it could take 200 approachs.

It's all about volume and calibration, make sure you learn what you did right and wrong after each approach.

Reaction score
Cold approaching used to be about a 50% chance for me to get a phone number and about 25% chance that the girl actually responds on the phone after I get the number. About a 15% chance that leads to an actual date. Those arent good odds. It takes too much work to cold approach in my opinion.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Street and sidewalk is tough game. The closest I've done to pure street/sidewalk game is walking/hiking path game, which are designated exercise areas.

In the U.S., the best cities for street/sidewalk game are the old school, dense cities developed before the automobile like New York, Boston, Philadelphia, and Chicago. London is another city that is street game conducive.

Sam_J

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cold approaching used to be about a 50% chance for me to get a phone number and about 25% chance that the girl actually responds on the phone after I get the number. About a 15% chance that leads to an actual date. Those arent good odds. It takes too much work to cold approach in my opinion.
I'm willing to do it even though the odds aren't great. It's helping social anxiety too. I have had major social anxiety and worries about expressing myself due to childhood trauma dealing with a mom who had extreme anger issues and so now I'm just forcing myself to do this and gradually the anxiety is going away. If it takes a thousand approaches to get with one hot girl then oh well, it's still worth it in the end

Reaction score
I'm willing to do it even though the odds aren't great. It's helping social anxiety too. I have had major social anxiety and worries about expressing myself due to childhood trauma dealing with a mom who had extreme anger issues and so now I'm just forcing myself to do this and gradually the anxiety is going away. If it takes a thousand approaches to get with one hot girl then oh well, it's still worth it in the end
Yeah eventually you'll get a hot one. I noticed too that after awhile getting rejected means nothing to you cause you have approached tons of women. Those women that reject you think they are special but in reality they are just a number. They all become a blur after while. I would approach ANY woman like it was nothing from doing it so much.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of stuff I read from PUAs (or whatever the hell you wanna call them) say it's important to approach on the street when there's a high probability of rejection. But is there actually any point to it?
No point to it. No point to any rejection. You want to choose approaches more likely to succeed.

How many women do you know who met their partner when he chased her down in a busy crosswalk? Have you ever succeeded with this? To be clear, I'm not giving up on cold approach, but just questioning whether chasing girls on the street/sidewalk specificallly is even worth it.
I don't know any but I'm not friends with women. I've done more walking/hiking path, grocery store, mall, and gym/fitness class game than pure street game. Some metro areas are not conducive to street game.

It's not like swiping is any better on the odds. With swiping and texting, you have to do a lot of volume to make it work. The upside on that is that you're not pounding the pavement when doing it, you're often sitting at home doing it.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
What are your alternatives if you have no social circle? The odds are even worse online and not everyone has the logistics/time for Night Game.

Sam_J

Don Juan
Reaction score
No point to it. No point to any rejection. You want to choose approaches more likely to succeed.

I don't know any but I'm not friends with women. I've done more walking/hiking path, grocery store, mall, and gym/fitness class game than pure street game. Some metro areas are not conducive to street game.

It's not like swiping is any better on the odds. With swiping and texting, you have to do a lot of volume to make it work. The upside on that is that you're not pounding the pavement when doing it, you're often sitting at home doing it.
Like I said before, a big reason why I'm doing cold approach is to get over my social anxiety issues and fear of awkwardness that have been holding me back in life in general for way too long. So if that means "pounding the pavement" I guess I'll have to keep doing that lol.

Also being like a 6 in looks, i couldn't get a super hot girl online most likely. In person I could probably pull it off if I get a ton of practice and become really smooth at approaching and looking and acting confident.

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Surely there needs to be:

- some kind of eye contact from her
- sitting somewhere where you can size each other up and get on each other’s radar.
- in an experience together like at least sat at a bus stop or waiting in a queue where you can make a quip about something or ask a question, then you will get from that how receptive she is
- In a bar or club where it’s kind of accepted you can cold approach.
- or, at leisure. A few times when younger I marched into a group and introduced myself and said I was trying to organise a joint male/female social group (on behalf of my group of friends) as I noticed that everyone was segregated. If you carry that off with a wink (and you can tell the kind of girls who would work with), and other stupid sh1t. This was when younger by the way, I wouldn’t do that post 25.

walking up to random women who haven’t even seen you coming is just weird. Maybe you’ll get 1/1000 but there’s far better ways to do it.

comedy is the way to go with Cold approach. Something utterly bizarre, clearly an attempt to speak but with a detailed cover story which is entirely unbelievable, this is the only way really for a totally cold approach.

you do need some charisma and social skills. Despite being not particularly Chad I always had this nailed on.

to develop this, you have to be someone fidgety individual with zero worries.

warning though, if you do this in groups, you will be tagged as the “funny“ one and a bit needy and your stoic friend will probably be ahead in terms of choice of the girls as you have to somewhat be a comedian to do it.
being the most confident doesn’t make you the most desirable but at least you’re not sat alone masturbating

Yeah, this makes sense. I think charisma and or/humour plays a big part, mainly as its more likely to put them at ease.

And being over 40, approaching women randomly in my UK towns high st would just be weird. Maybe if in a bookshop, queuing for food or something where there's a shared interest and potential talking points, but direct approaching random women walking around shopping centres - I can;t see it going down well at all.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I knew a guy that picked up his (now ex-) wife with this line on the street (in Russian):
When I first saw you, it moved.
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They aren't generally treating me like a 5 or less. It happened a couple times on the street when I was acting indirect and awkward as fvck. I chased down two girls at a cross walk at a red light just now and introduced myself and told the closest one I thought she was attractive, and asked her name and number. Got a more neutral/positive reaction, she didn't seem uncomfortable, but she wouldnt give me her number either. Not surprising though, like I said I literally chased her down lmao
Was she fat?

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For me they do, it was a very sunny day in London yesterday, I worked out at home, then took a stroll in the park to call some family members. A sexy foreign lady (Romanian I presume) walked by, I called out "hey" she turned and smiled and coyly said "hey", I asked her name and number.

If I ever call this girl only God knows but it was a quick interaction to keep my skills sharp and reaffirm I still have it.

You need to adlib these things and go on instinct without fear.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also being like a 6 in looks, i couldn't get a super hot girl online most likely. In person I could probably pull it off if I get a ton of practice and become really smooth at approaching and looking and acting confident.
Swipe apps give women more power. Even the legacy websites like Match.com give women more power. So, why bother doing it if not in the Top 10%?

The times I've done it they usually walk away quickly and are creeped out.
I've never had the walk away and creep out in my in-person day game approaching in any venue. However, I've had conversations stall out quickly.

Last edited: