Do people who are attracted/hung up over someone generally avoid them more?

solo1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it just me or does it appear that people who have a harder time with rejection OR have fear of rejection generally avoid that person...of course its easy not to care about it if you really dont care (or are over that person).

Anyway I've had my times iwth the ex, and after the breakup when she would contact me, i would ignore or avoid her..it was tough then. She wanted to get back together but i didnt want to take the risk again. I finally got over her.

Thereafter we met a couple times and hung out. I didnt make a move cause i just wanted to be friends. shortly after that if she'd see me online, she would immediately put her away message. shortly she stopped going online and so did I. A couple weeks ago i called and we met up. Even then when i saw her online it was ok to talk to her. And again I just want to be friends with her. And since then whenever I go online she puts her away message up.

sigh..i have a hard time being friends with girls.

Call_Me_Daddy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why would someone who is attracted to you run away from you?

Attraction: the force by which one object attracts another

Attracts, NOT repells. See the difference? You're thinking of repulsion, you got the words mixed up. Its a common mistake. Like spelling the word "tomato" as the word "Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis".

Very easy mistake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

Play the Game

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like she's playing games with you to get you back.
Maybe you're the only one she talked to online and now she has nothing to do?

Play the Game

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Call_Me_Daddy said:
Why would someone who is attracted to you run away from you?

Attraction: the force by which one object attracts another

Attracts, NOT repells. See the difference? You're thinking of repulsion, you got the words mixed up. Its a common mistake. Like spelling the word "tomato" as the word "Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis".

Very easy mistake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis
You are a KB Jockey... get your head out of the bible and see the world for what it really is:
A bunch of people using each other for their personal desires.

Call_Me_Daddy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Play the Game said:
You are a KB Jockey... get your head out of the bible and see the world for what it really is:
A bunch of people using each other for their personal desires.
I know. I was being sarcastic.

But in relation to the OP... sounds to me (from his writing) that the girl lost interest and is simply avoiding him after their last encounter.

Avoiding completely usually isn't a game. Its the end of one.

solo1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Call_Me_Daddy said:
I know. I was being sarcastic.

But in relation to the OP... sounds to me (from his writing) that the girl lost interest and is simply avoiding him after their last encounter.

Avoiding completely usually isn't a game. Its the end of one.
Based on your responses it doesnt sound like you have much expreince with women. I take it you dont know what happens when you LJBF a girl, and then out of the blue they avoid you. Or what happens after a break up and both play the game because they dont want to admit they want each other back.

She isnt avoiding me completely, but she will answer my calls or call me back.
In essence I think she's just trying to be less available. I've had this happen with purely female friends who are single.

Play the Game

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
solo1 said:
She isnt avoiding me completely, but she will answer my calls or call me back.
In essence I think she's just trying to be less available. I've had this happen with purely female friends who are single.
I'm doing the same thing right now actually to a girl. I'm not going to admit i like her, because i can't.
It's a power struggle of who has the control. You give in... you lose.

See it's all a game. The matrix has you.

solo1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Play the Game said:
See it's all a game. The matrix has you.
matrix..right..fortunately its just fictional.

It's easier for a guy to escape the friends zone than a girl. Once a guy feels the girl isnt phsyically attractive, there's little she can do to improve that department.

A guy on the other hand can improve his game, dress better, be less available, become ambitious/successful, etc., and if he's lucky have a personality makeover. And attraction is built from the ground up.