Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do monkeys pay for sex?

Hooligan Harry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Time said:
It turns out that one of humanity's oldest professions may be even older than we thought: In a recent study of macaque monkeys in Indonesia, researchers found that male primates "paid" for sexual access to females — and that the going rate for such access dwindled as the number of available females went up.
Related Articles

According to the paper, "Payment for Sex in a Macaque Mating Market," published in the December issue of Animal Behavior, males in a group of about 50 long-tailed macaques in Kalimantan Tengah, Indonesia, traded grooming services for sex with females; researchers, who studied the monkeys for some 20 months, found that males offered their payment up-front, as a kind of pre-sex ritual. It worked. After the females were groomed by male partners, female sexual activity more than doubled, from an average of 1.5 times an hour to 3.5 times. The study also showed that the number of minutes that males spent grooming hinged on the number of females available at the time: The better a male's odds of getting lucky, the less nit-picking time the females received. Though primates have been observed trading grooming for food sharing or infant care, this is the first time this kind of exchange has been observed between male and female primates in a sexual context, says lead researcher Michael Gumert of Singapore's Nanyang Technological University, demonstrating that the amount of time a male macaque "will invest in [its] partner" depends largely on how many options it has around.
http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1700821,00.html

Now is it wrong that I read this with a smile on my face? Having spent a fair bit of time abroad, I can tell you one thing. When you go to Eastern Europe where there are a shortage of eligible men in quite a few places, you have bombshells quite happy just to date anyone thats not going to beat them or try sleep with their sister within the first month.

Cant help but think this may be hard wired into humans too. When men are scarce, women become a hell of a lot friendlier. When men are available, they become fat and psychotic :)

Thoughts?

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Harry,
I am grateful for that,You always pay for it don't you Harry?,if not right away then at the ending....The way to go is to be a Toy Boy,has any one any thoughts on that...

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so do they pay with bananas or what?

grooming rituals = foreplay

steveoo5

Don Juan
Reaction score
"grooming rituals = foreplay"
not really, in that case, from what the quote said, they would be trading foreplay for food

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear All,
I think Penkitten was referring to paying Toy Boys with Bananas,thereby suggesting that you would have to be a monkey,or some lower life form, to engage in this activity...you know if you pay peanuts don't be surprised what you get...Subtle..

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm gonna bring an apple or banana to my next date. I'm old fashioned.