"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Do girls love male friends?

Knight of Roses

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 17, 2018
Messages
296
Reaction score
276
Age
40
So I been hitting the town last few months pretty regularly, building my contacts and making new friends. There's a few girls which I've met along the way; now they're pretty attractive, but Im not attracted to them myself. But, hot girls bring other hot girls so I would always hang out with them. I think now the lines are pretty fairly drawn that we're just friends. I'm not interested in being more than friends with them, (now, they do have other girlfriends which Im trying to bang, but thats a different story)

Thing is, these girls are ALWAYS down to hang out; even more so than my guy friends. It's like, no matter what day or time I hit them up, they're always down to go drinking, eating, etc.

Wtf?

Am I missing something here?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 10, 2020
Messages
4,210
Reaction score
4,701
Age
46
So I been hitting the town last few months pretty regularly, building my contacts and making new friends. There's a few girls which I've met along the way; now they're pretty attractive, but Im not attracted to them myself. But, hot girls bring other hot girls so I would always hang out with them. I think now the lines are pretty fairly drawn that we're just friends. I'm not interested in being more than friends with them, (now, they do have other girlfriends which Im trying to bang, but thats a different story)

Thing is, these girls are ALWAYS down to hang out; even more so than my guy friends. It's like, no matter what day or time I hit them up, they're always down to go drinking, eating, etc.

Wtf?

Am I missing something here?
Women love male attention.
 

Serenity

Moderator
Joined
Aug 19, 2013
Messages
5,149
Reaction score
5,055
Age
35
Location
Eye of the storm
Women are in general more geared towards being social than men are. They make time to be social more often whereas men may more often prioritize doing something that doesn't involve anyone else.

This is of course in general and should be taken as such, exceptions exist.
 

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
5,027
Reaction score
5,356
Women love male attention.
Women love attention from men they deem high value. The pimply faced fat kid that smells like week old @$$ giving them attention makes them cringe.
 

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 16, 2015
Messages
5,413
Reaction score
7,928
Age
57
Keep building your social circle as you have been doing. Doing so will repay you with social proof and becoming known as cool in your circles. It will also get you super calibrated and dialed into your interactions with women and the subtlety of communication women express. This all benefits you...just be careful about women mooching off you. Avoid that.

It will also translate to higher value among women you run into professionally. If you are hanging and making friends in the industry circles you are going to have more moxy because socially you have to be more adroit with the industry chicks (who get hit on constantly) than the women in your professional setting. This benefits you.

How’s it going with the women you actually have interest in?

One of the benefits of having female friends is people who will get you out socially and get you around other women...as you are finding.

Hope you are well...Cheers!
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
5,027
Reaction score
5,356
Y’all can have my share of women friends. They’ve never been beneficial to me, never been worth my time. I’m glad other guys have success with it though, but I never have and have no interest in trying to have success with it. Sunk cost fallacy for me.
 

dude99

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 1, 2016
Messages
2,550
Reaction score
3,105
Age
53
So I been hitting the town last few months pretty regularly, building my contacts and making new friends. There's a few girls which I've met along the way; now they're pretty attractive, but Im not attracted to them myself. But, hot girls bring other hot girls so I would always hang out with them. I think now the lines are pretty fairly drawn that we're just friends. I'm not interested in being more than friends with them, (now, they do have other girlfriends which Im trying to bang, but thats a different story)

Thing is, these girls are ALWAYS down to hang out; even more so than my guy friends. It's like, no matter what day or time I hit them up, they're always down to go drinking, eating, etc.

Wtf?

Am I missing something here?
If you are attractive in their eyes and you state you only want to be friends, you have just presented yourself as a challenge. Women love a guy who is a challenge. They love to chase.

Women want what they can't have. They want what you won't give them even more. So if you are stating that you will only be friends and they.are interested in more than friendship they are literally now your orbiters.
 
Top