Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do dating apps work for you ?

Wicked

Reaction score
I started looking out for dates recently since I’m lonely and trying to get over my ex who is filling up my inbox every day with passive aggressive messages to get back which I definitely don’t want to get back to.

I’ve tried tinder and bumble so far for about 2 weeks. Got matched with about 1 tinder and 2 bumble profiles in the first week. The bumble matches went cold on asking them out to meet in person.

The tinder date gave me her Instagram and I talked to her to set up a date which she agreed and we met, she appeared heavier in person then her pictures which I was fine with. We had a few drinks and she seemed to be open to my touches which eventually led to me kissing her neck and some more touching but then she declined the kiss politely asking me to make this more then just a casual fling which I did not want so I’m alone again.

Since then I’ve not had any matches and it is getting boring. So is the wait time between getting a match longer for everyone? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

European-DJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I started looking out for dates recently since I’m lonely and trying to get over my ex who is filling up my inbox every day with passive aggressive messages to get back which I definitely don’t want to get back to.

I’ve tried tinder and bumble so far for about 2 weeks. Got matched with about 1 tinder and 2 bumble profiles in the first week. The bumble matches went cold on asking them out to meet in person.

The tinder date gave me her Instagram and I talked to her to set up a date which she agreed and we met, she appeared heavier in person then her pictures which I was fine with. We had a few drinks and she seemed to be open to my touches which eventually led to me kissing her neck and some more touching but then she declined the kiss politely asking me to make this more then just a casual fling which I did not want so I’m alone again.

Since then I’ve not had any matches and it is getting boring. So is the wait time between getting a match longer for everyone? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
if you want proper advice on your profile you should share some screenshots (can be deleted again after).Your match rate seems a bit low to me and I suspect some work could be done to improve your profile

M

member160292

You have to be patient with online dating. Keep yourself busy.

Try Hinge and Coffee Meets Bagel to expand your reach

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Be patient. Sometimes you wont get any matches for days and then you get abunch of matches.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never tried it. As I have a 3.5 score on photofeeler, I wouldn't use those photos if I did. But then again, guys with higher photofeeler scores have not feared to well on it either.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes they have, I used to date majority of my lays and meet women through online dating when I was in NYC. Even now here in the more competitive Miami where dating apps are also loaded with fake profiles and OnlyFans, they still work. The trick is quality photos, have a pro photographer take them for you.

CoandaEffect

Don Juan
Reaction score
Match has worked well for me but I suspect that age and location are major factors.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For most men, the answer is no. Most men experience some of the following things...

1. Too few matches
2. Too few responses to openers or too few women opening them on Bumble
3. Too many conversations that stall out without a date being arranged
4. Too many "one date, no sex, no second date" type interactions

SMU Brah

Don Juan
Reaction score
No-- personal experience. Let me tell you about personal experience, then we'll move onto numbers/ rules of OLD.

I'd put myself in the 70-80th percentile in terms of looks, height and fitness. I'm like 6-3" for reference which puts me in like 96-98th percentile for height.

Got a handful of matches ever, and never managed a single date off of apps. Paying for premium doesn't help because the apps themselves are fem-centric and women are very selective about matches <5% of profiles they're served with, they'll match with.

To have any luck, leverage, you have to do what is essentially "looksmax", but the numbers done from surveys of apps indicate you have to be in 90th percentile (objective looks) to get any attention from women on apps.

They use ELO matching algorithms that doom you unless you're an objective chad, and thus your profile is never served to the hot women on the apps, b/c of this ELO system.

I have a friend that has a horrible profile, and worse fitness and height than me that gets tons of matches and SNLs (relatively speaking). He always pushes for SNL and is blond hair and blue eyed with a strong jaw... I'm assuming in the eyes of women that puts him way closer to 90th percentile than say 80. Thus he isn't aware of the big problem points of OLD. He exclusively uses tinder but bangs downward, and Tinder as we all know is a sausagefest, b/c ~70-80% of profiles are male.

Last edited:

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

School boy error.

Block + delete ftw!

You can't be half a gangster.

Utilize apps as fallback but it's mostly low hanging fruit, single mom's, the milks gone bad, post wall skank looking for meal ticket.

Actually go out and get girls. OLD is cucked.

#next ex. Go n/c. Pull hotter younger girls.

New girls are turning 18/19/20/21 everyday. Your ex is a donut or broken rubber away from expired. Each day she beans geriatrics pregnancy. Good riddance.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dating apps depend on your location but in my location if you're ripped or in great shape, you will clean up well on Tinder/Hinge
Bumble use to be top tier but now Bumble is trash

Even if you're in shape be prepare to match with a lot of whales (once again depending on where you live)

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It worked extremely well for me. My only complaint was the age of women I matched with. If you desire age gap dating, be prepared to lie about your age.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Here in Sydney it works well if ur into 30+ year old women, they greatly outnumber the younger women

threeforfree

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
They work in a passive method for me. I'm in a rural area, I have no interest in dating anyone around here. I know everyone. I look at it as running a trotline that I check once a day, rather than taking a whole day to go fishing. If I find a fish on the line, great. If not, hardly any effort expended. Plus, I can connect with women in areas I don't normally frequent.

This weekend I'm going to Cleveland (I'm near Pittsburgh) to meet up with a good looking 25 year old. I have a hotel for Saturday night, we'll see how it goes. If it works out to be a good evening with her, great. If not, I'm in downtown Cleveland at a hotel within walking distance of everything. I'll still have fun.

I'm 51 years old and in good shape, full head of hair, and look younger than I am. Great financials, etc. It just helps me cast a wider net. Plus, I'm still working on my in-person approaching skills. Planning on moving permanently to a more populated area to help meet more people, but for now the dating apps help.