"Nervous Around Beautiful Women? There's a Rule for That"

I could talk to any woman I wasn't attracted to. Charming, funny, relaxed. Then a gorgeous woman looked my way and I'd become a sweating, babbling mess.

The fix took me years to find and ten minutes to learn. Nervousness and excitement are the same physical state — pounding heart, adrenaline, flushed face. Your brain just picks the label. And you can pick a better one.

Rule 16 shows you how. You feel the nerves, relabel them as excitement, and let that energy pour out as enthusiasm. Women notice the guy radiating it. They always do.

Read more...

Do beards scare away women?

Lingham

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 27, 2004
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Age
47
Location
Toronto
I spontaneously started letting myself grow a beard. When it was more at the light mustache and goatee stage one girl complimented me on it and added that it made me look "dark". But now it is approaching a full beard. I kinda like it, but I notice bearded men (with the exception of Jesus) are always portrayed and crooks and evildoers in the media. ANd also streetpeople wear beards.

So with all that stigma around it do you think a nicely trimmed beard is a turn off or turn on for women? I'm 24 and my beard oddly coloured compared to my dark hair (its reddish).

Anybody else of good or bad experience growing abeard?

D
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Billydee

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 5, 2004
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Shave it unless you are:

Jesus
A poet
A craftsman/woodworker
A musician
A hiker/granola type
An outlaw biker/snowmobiler/cowboy type

or

The "scruffy" member of a boy band.

Probably I'd shave it. Most normal guys with goatees shaved theirs once the whole coffeehouse/grunge thing went out of style. I used to grow a beard in the winter time when in college. And for hiking. I got a few compliments from girls, but if you take a big enough sample, you'll find that most of them don't like it (unless they're really attracted to the above mentioned categories).
 

Lingham

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 27, 2004
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Age
47
Location
Toronto
Well I'm not Jesus or a woodworker but I am an artist. So maybe I have an excuse. I personally hate goatees, especially without a mustache that dark triangle of hair on peoples chins looks like only one thing. The one thing this website is about getting. . .

anyways since I grew a full beard i'll let it get nice and full over a week or two then probably slowly reduce it to a Don Juan mustache then clean shave. I like to change my appearence frequently anyways.
 

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
2
you're lucky so dont complain

i cant grow a beard cause its not in my genetics, ill prob have to wait a yr or 2 to grow a full goatee.

im still 19, so some of the facial hair hasnt finished sprouting yet,
so thats why i sahve every 2 day UNTIL i can grow full facial hair.

I woudlnt mind leaving facial hair, it reminds you and others that you're a man.

one of my friend leaves a small groomed mustache, but everyone considers him to be in his 30's, but that's also cause he dresses like a bum and does nothing to style his hair. he's actually 19

i think if you dress well, style your hair well, and keep your beard groomed, i think it will work extra to your benefit...if girls dig a guy w/beards. as long as you dont end up looking like a bum like my friend
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 25, 2002
Messages
2,163
Reaction score
679
Location
Florida
I have a beard and I receive compliments from women all the time. Just keep it short, shampoo it, and shave your neck line.
 

Lingham

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 27, 2004
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Age
47
Location
Toronto
thanx for the tips, yes i have some friends who can't grow a proper beard, so it does show them up!
 

DreamyChick

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 15, 2002
Messages
544
Reaction score
1
I like beards on guys and the clean look is also appealing. :)
 

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
2
Originally posted by DreamyChick
I like beards on guys and the clean look is also appealing. :)
i guess each girl have different tastes
so...which do u find more attractive dreamychick.

go facial hair or clean?
 
Joined
Nov 14, 2003
Messages
298
Reaction score
0
Well I've asked alot of chicks, most think that full on beards are a turn off. I personally change my facial hair every two weeks, I've had it all, goa-tees, moustache, beard, huge sideburns(don't ever grow those burns like that mind you, gay) goat-tee just on the chin, the craig david look. Advice- do what you feel comfortable in. If it's the Jesus look, go that route, if not, then whatever you like...
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Vigilante7

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 5, 2003
Messages
247
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Use common sense

ask girls, which looks better on you

I look good with clean and peach fuzz, but girls prefer clean look 90% of time, so guess which one im doing..........
 

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
2
Either cleanshave or have the 5 oh clock shade.. Don't have beard or whatever, especially at a young age.
 

Ixnys

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 12, 2002
Messages
91
Reaction score
0
Location
L.A., California
I shave it at #2 with a trimmer...so it's more stuble...it just gives you a little manlier look, but you can still see your face. I haven't shaved it all off for over 6 months...i'm afraid to. Might make me look too young. But it's not like I can't grow it back in a week or so. I've gotten curious to see what my face looks without the stuble and when I have, I've been dissapointed. Damn, will I ever be able to go back to clean shaven?
 

DJZ

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 11, 2003
Messages
122
Reaction score
0
Yeah, I do the 5 o'clock shadow look. I haven't shaved in like over a year. A lot of actors rock the stubble - Colin Ferrel is probably the main one that comes to mind.

I haven't had any complaints yet. I figured it would make the chicks face raw, but they don't seem to mind...;)
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Tkman

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 31, 2003
Messages
297
Reaction score
0
Age
57
I was reading the paper last night at the library and two chicks were chatting about some guy with a beared. Listen to this:

Chick 1 - Why does he has a bear?
Chick 2- I dont know.
Chick 1- How do you kiss him?
Chick 2- You have to go through the beared first.

Both stated laughing.
 

Yotsuya-san

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 11, 2004
Messages
393
Reaction score
1
Location
Maison Ikokku
Though I tried growing the full beard for that 70s Manhattan look, it didn't work out. Avoid combining a full beard with a polyester suit. You don't wanna look like Funky Flashman from DC comics.
 

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 5, 2003
Messages
461
Reaction score
1
Age
43
lol
 

B9

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 25, 2002
Messages
469
Reaction score
2
Location
Denmark
girls love my beard. Just make to

A. Trim it.

B: Shave clear lines to it. No patches this and that place.
 

DreamyChick

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 15, 2002
Messages
544
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by ScrewIt
i guess each girl have different tastes
so...which do u find more attractive dreamychick.

go facial hair or clean?
Hmmm now that I think about it I like to see his face, and the ways his eyes and smile light up. :) But I have crushed on bearded guys but I think I do prefer the clean look.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Top