Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do any of you guys have interest in philosophy?

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Epicureans philosophy seems interesting, but idk much about it except the very basic descriotion. Would be interested in the how because at first view it seems to be a bit too hedonistic.

Im no expert but i do read alot. Regading stoitism i only read Aurelius so far. Got Senaca shortness of life a few week back and will surely read Epikur afterward.
Also interested in learning more about Kant, i just know the basic i got in one sociology class in colleges

Imo
There is similarities, the focus what you can control and your reaction to things is one.
Look at some Aurelius quote , Buddhist and even Nietzsche there is similar thinking.
Same with the story of Epikur and his broken arm, we have seen some very similar things by Buddist monk.
I would start with Epikur. The reason why hedonism is connected to Epikur is for two reasons. The first is propaganda almost from all religions and state philosophers because they don't want people to be independent and free.

The second reason is many people are to weak. Epikur believes in the pleasure and pain principle but he believes that they must be tamed as well.

Epikur's life principles are simple and down to earth.

1, Live hidden (in your garden with friends or something like that). Away from politics.
2. Be minimalistic and frugal. Don't chase status, sex, don't get greedy.
3. Channel your couriosity, the notion to conquer, the notion expand,
wanting to get away form bordeom into INTELLECTUAL COURIOCITY

If you have these as a basis you will learn about other philosophers without
getting too much negatively impacted, distracted, irritated, annoyed, hypnotized by them.

Last edited:

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the honest philosophers is Arthur Schopenhauer.

He gave some information about romance:

Love is of such high import, because it has nothing to do with the woe of the present individual. It has to secure the existence and special nature of the human race in future times.’

Schopenhauer believed love is our sexual instinct wearing the mask of passion and romance. This sexual instinct deceives people that they love each other so that they have sex and accomplish nature’s greatest goal: procreation.

To prove that love is nature attempting to attain its goals, Schopenhauer provided an example of how a man’s love for his woman decreases after a while and the man gets attracted to other women so that he spreads his seed and ensures the survival of the human species. He also supported his argument by claiming that a woman’s love is constant because ‘nature compels her intuitively and unconsciously to take care of the supporter and protector of the future offspring.’

another one from him:

“A man can be himself only so long as he is alone; and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free.”

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you didn't learn to dance you don't deserve to be happy.

This is a quote from me. Produced now.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the honest philosophers is Arthur Schopenhauer.

He gave some information about romance:

Love is of such high import, because it has nothing to do with the woe of the present individual. It has to secure the existence and special nature of the human race in future times.’

Schopenhauer believed love is our sexual instinct wearing the mask of passion and romance. This sexual instinct deceives people that they love each other so that they have sex and accomplish nature’s greatest goal: procreation.

To prove that love is nature attempting to attain its goals, Schopenhauer provided an example of how a man’s love for his woman decreases after a while and the man gets attracted to other women so that he spreads his seed and ensures the survival of the human species. He also supported his argument by claiming that a woman’s love is constant because ‘nature compels her intuitively and unconsciously to take care of the supporter and protector of the future offspring.’

another one from him:

“A man can be himself only so long as he is alone; and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free.”
Very interesting any recomendation on what to read from him?

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Democracy is only good for swiss people.

Let's try Epistocracy
like in Jason Brennan's book "Against Democracy":

Jack12345

Banned
Reaction score
If you didn't learn to dance you don't deserve to be happy.

This is a quote from me. Produced now.

Shes hot
I wish I could have that confidence with my body
Only during sex and squats I'm able move my hips
Wonder if I need to take a dance class but it feels weird

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shes hot
I wish I could have that confidence with my body
Only during sex and squats I'm able move my hips
Wonder if I need to take a dance class but it feels weird
It's mostly about repetition. With zumba it's only a matter of time

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks man
I see they doing some boxing moves, I taking classes at boxing maybe it would help
Hip movement is central to martial arts of all types. It is important in striking with power. In grappling, controlling your opponent's hips is the way to control his movements, because they are the middle of our body and everything else pivots around them.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Philosophy is working on difficult almost unsolvable problems. Once they get easier they become science. Anyway one problem of both fields I guess is happiness. Some say smiling is connected to happiness. Maybe. The brazillians are very good at it. It's one of their priorities (though they are less good with other things). I guess if you want to learn how to smile again maybe spending time there might help.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry but I think this one dance vid should you guys make you philosophize a bit about things :)

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We have to remember all philosophers are human. Regardless of what standard they are held to. I've been told you need to be stable to read nietzsche and Jung. The more I browse nietzsche I see why, he literally questions every minute thought and it's subsidiary. It reminds me of me, I've always been very pensive and undogmatic and if I express myself that way I usually end up in an argument or debate. It leads to temporary clarity for me, but there it goes again I begin to unravel what I once held as personal beliefs and on and on it goes. It reminds me or that quote from the movie hellraiser about the mind being a labyrinth. I think Arthur Schopenhauer influenced nietzsche alot actually.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We have to remember all philosophers are human. Regardless of what standard they are held to. I've been told you need to be stable to read nietzsche and Jung. The more I browse nietzsche I see why, he literally questions every minute thought and it's subsidiary. It reminds me of me, I've always been very pensive and undogmatic and if I express myself that way I usually end up in an argument or debate. It leads to temporary clarity for me, but there it goes again I begin to unravel what I once held as personal beliefs and on and on it goes. It reminds me or that quote from the movie hellraiser about the mind being a labyrinth. I think Arthur Schopenhauer influenced nietzsche alot actually.
Schopenhauer was influenced by Epicurus:

" Like Greek philosopher Epicurus, Schopenhauer thought that happiness was the absence of pain, frustration and dissatisfaction. ... The answer for Schopenhauer was not to seek happiness, but to try and get through life with the minimum of suffering. His goal was for a bearable life. "