Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

DJs, the 50% Divorce Rate Does Not Apply to us.

Which category best describes you?

• I plan to one day be married. I am not (yet) a DJ.

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • I plan to one day be married. I am a veteran DJ.

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • I have decided to never marry. I am not (yet) a DJ.

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I have decided to never marry. I am a veteran DJ.

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

KiInCollege

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
USA, Graduated Already - old screen name!
Think of the typical AFC and gold-digger women in your country, whether you live in the U.S. or Australia. Some of these people, living their current lifestyle, are doomed to a failed marriage. Why? Because they are slaves to society's influence and do not take power into their own hands to change themselves.

Most here are current or future DJs. We are men, of all generations, who are informed relationship experts. In terms of women, we court well, fuk well, and choose well. In terms of living, we are confident, successful, and intelligent.

We are the catch that all women want. As well, given that a woman has shown her worth, we are powerful enough to have the woman we want.

We are not the typical sample of people in society. The typical man gets divorced over 50% and may stop having sex. That statistic does not apply to you.

Poll included for the hell of it.

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed. AFCism is much to blame for unhappy marriages, IMO. Show me those 40 and 50 year long marriages between the old couples who go out on a brunch date every Sunday after church, and I'll bet you that most of those guys are NOT AFC's, and made the right choice in a woman.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by KiInCollege
Most here are current or future DJs. We are men, of all generations, who are informed relationship experts. In terms of women, we court well, fuk well, and choose well. In terms of living, we are confident, successful, and intelligent.

We are the catch that all women want. As well, given that a woman has shown her worth, we are powerful enough to have the woman we want.

We are not the typical sample of people in society.
Very good words to describe a DJ.

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your partially right. i think the DJ has a better chance, but I still believe that the whole IDEA of marriage is pretty ridiculous. The divorce rate of DJ's that marry might be A LOT lower, but I would bet it still would be at say, 25%. thats 1 in 4.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
The main reason divorce rates are so high is because men (and women) are no longer in control of their emotions. They marry out of lust or some other wild feeling, without considering whether commitment and continuing closeness is really something they want. It's a result of placing society's marriage expectations above their own wishes. Women more often do this than men, because there's a certain stigma with being the "old maid," but in this society, with feminized men running around everywhere, men are often no less guilty.

It's kinda disturbing all the threads popping up about marriage...you know, marriage is a social institution. Everyone assumes that it's a necessary and proper step because they were brought up believing that. As a result, many people rush into it when they may want to wait until later, or not get married at all.

Marriage shouldn't be a life-changing decision, no matter how much society wants you to believe that. By the time you're ready to get married, you'll already be with one particular girl for a long time and be happy with that girl, so it's not like you're "settling down." That's one of those terms that has always bugged me..."settling down."

If you're still playing the field, and you view marriage as an end to your seducing numerous women, as a new level of commitment, then marriage isn't appropriate for you. You should already have chosen the one you're going to marry before you marry her...not WHEN you marry her. I think someone on this board put it best..."You can still see other women, but why would you want to?" Nothing changes when you get married...you're just making it official, that's all.

If you haven't decided that a woman is "THE ONE" for you, then don't rush into marriage...it's stupid and you'll just be miserable. Keep playing! F what everyone else thinks. This life is about YOU. Don't sacrifice it to impress or satisfy anyone else.

Thoroughbred

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No marriage for me. And, if you ask me, most DJs would not marry. The DJ mentality is for the short term in my opinion.

KiInCollege

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
USA, Graduated Already - old screen name!
Thinking on it, this post is probably better served in the tips forum. Please move it if that's possible.

tiburon

Banned
Reaction score
MARRIAGE

Do i plan to marry? Thats like saying one day i plan to win the lotterty!You shouldnt be thinking if you want to marry or not but instead moving along with your live and if you find a person who you evaluate and realize would make a great wife then why not, but make sure you really know how to evaluate! Saying that you plan to marry when you havent even found that person you think would make a Great Wife is very scary! Why? Well then you might reach a place in your life when you might feel the need BELONG , to have , a family, to get marry, and your judging criteria is going to be affected and might end up idealizing a person who is not wife material! In fact any idealization of any person even a great Woman is a dangerous thing to doand to my believe Damaging to any relationship!

Live a day at a time and listen to Albert Einstein:

"Dont think of the future it comes soon enough!"

Marriage should happen at the right time, and with that right person! Maybe the chances of finding a great Woman are greater than those of winning the lottery or maybe tsuch chances are lesser arent but it sures mimics the lotto in presence that it doesnt happen for everyone!

Are Djs divorces rates lower than for the rest of the population! Maybe a liitle bit but i guarantee you is not much (if we are talking about the DJ's from this sites). Let me mention that it takes two to marry and choosing and detecting red flags is a difficult task even for the best Dj of them all! Besides most of the DJS have traumas in past relationships that they seem to nt being able to get over, and have the idea that one day they will marry a good woman!

"The only way to find tru love, is to give up on it "---RobertoTorralbas

This is one of my quotes and i believe in it to the fullest!. You are not going to make good judgement in live when you are expecting to find something, but if instead you find something unnexpected and when you evaluate it it turns out to be something great! Otherwise your expectations will make you believe that you have FINALLY GOT IT! Wrong! Its a hard part of life!

Many Djs expect to find love, and i understand because life would be a little bit depressing with out hopes and thius sures gives them hope! There are other great things about life to hope for an even Dj with great experience and wisdom can be wrong it their judgement if their brains are expecting anythinG!

Finally let me mention that many of these DJs once they marry might not be fit to the commitment even tough they might have a great wife, or they can forget about the BIBLE as they feel marriage is another state of their lives in which other rules apply!

Tiburon

Howie Farkes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by squirrels
Women more often do this than men, because there's a certain stigma with being the "old maid," but in this society, with feminized men running around everywhere, men are often no less guilty.
This is so true it's not funny. Some friends of mine who have been a couple for years and years recently got engaged. The girl did the proposing!?! Here's how she described it.
I proposed to him in the middle of a field. I wasn't expecting to pop the question but I think somewhere in the back of my mind was the realisation that I am 30 next year and if it doesn't happen soon then I will be an old maid left on the shelf. Luckily he said yes.
He was pretty happy with their previous situation but still there was always this friction because somehow he wasn't making a decent women of her by not marrying. So did she ask him to marry because of love or compatibility? No just "this is the chump I'm with now and no way am I gonna be left an old maid".

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KiInCollege is right. A real DJ can find the right girl & make the marriage work. My folks have been married for 44 years.

When my Dad had his stroke & heart-attack, my Mom was in the hospital at his side every day from 9 in the morning till the nurses chased her out at 8pm. She visited him for 2-3 hours every single day when he was in the nursing home recovering. 15 mile drive each way. Even now she refuses to put him in a home because "No one can take care of him like I can".

Mom is no wallflower either, she's all fire and sass. Standing only 5'3", but she can rip you a new one before you know what hit you. I think that was the attraction between them in the first place, Dad is the big, reserved, "John Wayne" cowboy type.

Last time I was home, I saw them holding hands...after 44 years. Is my Dad a DJ? Hell yes he is!

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marriage = AFCism.

It is the definition. You cannot redefine it!!

Don't you people realize that the institution of marriage was created to control the male and force us to be pinned down with families? Its a scarier version of "the Matrix"

Just look at the animal kingdom, at what (most) males do when they have no societal stigma attached.. they fvck everything they can and haul ass!

I know, I know we are not animals but marriage was created to turn warriors into AFCs.

The divorce rate is not the issue. DON'T GET MARRIED!! You have the power to avoid it all. I am 43 and divorced and now the women are flocking to me.... if I had only known when I was 23!!!

:(

DIetzcoi

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh come on! Marriage was invented my MEN to make sure they weren't raising some other guys kids. Old laws made marriage bad for the women. A single woman could own land & enter contracts, but once married all her land went to her husband. She could only enter a contract with her husband's permission. Does that SOUND like something a woman would invent?

Most animals in the wild do the "fvck and haul ass" because their offspring can be raised and on their own in 6 months. You really want to be like the animals? They have set breeding seasons. They only get laid for a few weeks a year. Then the rest of they NOTHING!

BGMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by dietzcoi
Marriage = AFCism.

It is the definition. You cannot redefine it!!

Don't you people realize that the institution of marriage was created to control the male and force us to be pinned down with families? Its a scarier version of "the Matrix"

Just look at the animal kingdom, at what (most) males do when they have no societal stigma attached.. they fvck everything they can and haul ass!

I know, I know we are not animals but marriage was created to turn warriors into AFCs.

The divorce rate is not the issue. DON'T GET MARRIED!! You have the power to avoid it all. I am 43 and divorced and now the women are flocking to me.... if I had only known when I was 23!!!

:(

DIetzcoi
So you got divorced while you were still in an AFC. Mein Freund, that does not mean that marriage is a mistake. It means that being an AFC is a mistake.

Also, if a man can't be bothered with helping to be a positive male role model for his children (sons of single mothers seem particularly prone to AFCism, and the daughters tend to become man-haters), then where will the next generation come from?

Aragorn

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
After 49 votes, there are over 74% among us who choose to marry (whether they are DJs or not). Interesting.

Thoroughbred

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's face it. Many men are weak and needy. They cannot stand to be alone( it is not only women) or without a steady girlfriend. Many of my friends are getting married young and to women they have only known for a short amount of time.

It is becoming more and more common now for people to get hitched because they are lonely. Pretty damn weak if you ask me. Oh and if you are living with someone that is marriage in my book, and I see that happening all the time, too.

ZeeOwl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just my 2¢...

I'm a divorced DJ in training, and I don't plan on ever getting married again. Actually decided that way before seeing this site for the first time. I just don't see the point... There are no advantages to doing it, as far as I'm concerned (speaking from experience). The possible pitfalls are horrendeous to boot. So why would I do this? I'm all for LTRs though, and actually prefer them to endless dating.

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Thoroughbred
It is becoming more and more common now for people to get hitched because they are lonely.
And for the divorce rate to increase. Coincidence? Uh uh.

If you want to have a successful marriage, you have to know how to be happy WHILE SINGLE...

Thoroughbred

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It is too bad most people don't know how to be happy when they are single.