"The Kiss of Death Mistake"

You replay the conversation at 2 a.m. She texted back fast yesterday. Today, nothing. Was that smile friendly or flirty? What did the shoulder touch mean?

Every hour you spend decoding her signals drains your confidence and hands her the controls. Women can sense that insecurity from across the room — and it repels them.

One of the "22 Rules" kills the obsession on the spot: assume she likes you, and act accordingly. Sounds too simple. Works anyway.

Her interest tends to rise to meet your expectations. Psychologists call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Read more...

DJ to AFC ratio

Xenomorph

New Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2004
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Age
42
In your opinion, what's most likely the DJ to AFC ratio?

I'm guessing 1/25 guys are alpha males.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Omega

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,135
Reaction score
1
Age
38
23.8375835%

UNLESS your in Cali, in which case its 23.8375935%
 

Teen Spirit

Banned
Joined
Aug 6, 2004
Messages
162
Reaction score
0
I would say:

2% are DJ'S
13% are rAFC's
75% are AFC's
10% are wbAFC's
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 20, 2002
Messages
1,483
Reaction score
11
Age
47
Location
Portland, Oregon
Originally posted by Le Parisien
Asking this kind of question and giving your answer to the question already places you in the AFC category.
Haha! I agree.

Actually, it's pretty normal for guys who first become aware of the idea of what an AFC is to become hyperaware of AFC characteristics in themselves and others and label certain things "AFC" and avoid those things.

When I first got here a few years back people would always post topics like "What's the most AFC kind of music?" From there it went to discussions about whether certain fictional characters like Peter Parker or Anakin Skywalker were DJ's or AFC's. Anyway, it was kind of funny.

But, like I said, it's a normal stage to go through.

-PDX
 

Teen Spirit

Banned
Joined
Aug 6, 2004
Messages
162
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by SexPDX
From there it went to discussions about whether certain fictional characters like Peter Parker or Anakin Skywalker were DJ's or AFC's.-PDX
Completely off-topic, but Peter Parker is actually supposed to be an AFC. They created him that way so he would appeal to the people that buy the comics (the majority of which are probably AFC's). Marvel Comics wanted people to be able to relate to Spiderman more than DC Comics' superheroes such as Batman or Superman, who display more alpha male traits.
 

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 20, 2002
Messages
1,483
Reaction score
11
Age
47
Location
Portland, Oregon
Originally posted by Teen Spirit
Completely off-topic, but Peter Parker is actually supposed to be an AFC. They created him that way so he would appeal to the people that buy the comics (the majority of which are probably AFC's). Marvel Comics wanted people to be able to relate to Spiderman more than DC Comics' superheroes such as Batman or Superman, who display more alpha male traits.

HAAHAHAHAHA!!!!

That's pretty funny, but that does make sense.
 
Top