"The Kiss of Death Mistake"

You replay the conversation at 2 a.m. She texted back fast yesterday. Today, nothing. Was that smile friendly or flirty? What did the shoulder touch mean?

Every hour you spend decoding her signals drains your confidence and hands her the controls. Women can sense that insecurity from across the room — and it repels them.

One of the "22 Rules" kills the obsession on the spot: assume she likes you, and act accordingly. Sounds too simple. Works anyway.

Her interest tends to rise to meet your expectations. Psychologists call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Read more...

DJ Livejournal Community

Dapper Swindler

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 25, 2004
Messages
342
Reaction score
0
Age
45
In my progress the last few weeks I have found that it has been very useful to keep a journal. A journal keeps me motivated by capturing my progress and gives me time to reflect on things. My bootcamp journal sort of devolved into this. I've found it very helpful when people can post comments and advice about what I'm doing. And maybe my journal even inspires others like me. But rather than continue posting in that thread I decided to start a livejournal. I think it would be a great opportunity for aspiring DJs to start a community so we can read and comment on each others' progress without creating so many threads on the discussion forum here. I think it would create a stronger sense of belonging and encouragement among aspiring DJs and that would be a very helpful thing. Here is the link to my journal:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/dapper_swindler/

If you're not interested in starting your own journal, you can still comment on others. If you want to start a journal and join this DJ community then you have to have someone with a livejournal account already to give you permission. I'm not sure if that person has to have a paid account or not (mine is free).
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Walden

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 5, 2003
Messages
1,333
Reaction score
5
Location
New Zealand
Yo DS I just linked you to my page.
Good luck and good hunting.
 
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
188
Reaction score
0
Location
California
I put you on my "friends" list, anyway.
 

Dapper Swindler

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 25, 2004
Messages
342
Reaction score
0
Age
45
bump
 

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
3,282
Reaction score
49
Location
Baltimore, MD
Journals

my journal is over at Eternals site.

I am probably going to read as many journals as I can though. So keep updating.

Mine is long because that I started mine on July 18th.

Keep updating and give me more journals to read guys.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Top