Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

DJ Boot Camp - Week #1

Zelemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
****... I have already spent 2 weekends on this first thing... I went to the mall 5 times... my mom is really wondering why I keep making her take me to the mall... I said hi to 30 people... but I could hardly find anybody who would even glance at me.

I feel confident enough with 30. I am moving on to week 2.

I swear... I walked around saying hi to all the people I could, but I realized yesterday that I had been saying hi to a few people more than once. I need to move to chicago or st. louis. My city isn't big enough

My city got #3 in Cosmopolitan for the "least attractive women"

It is sick here. The girls all look like they have some defects due to radiation or some ****. For every one hot girl there are 200 hideous girls. I am not over-exaggurating here.

ReformingGeek

Reaction score
Ok, I've just finished week 1, and probably a lot of bits and pieces of some of the upcoming weeks over a 12 hour period at the local Canada Day celebrations.

What better opportunity was there than one with 20k "lab rats" to choose from?

Here are some of my highlights:
1) I talked to one VERY attractive stranger, this turned into around a 5 minute conversation, during which, my first case of "one"-itis walked past. I just smiled and waved at her, and resumed my conversation when that happened.

2) In response to a "hi", I got a "nice shoes" which turned into a 5 minute conversation, where I was rewarded by being shown tan lines.

3) I said hi to an attractive woman who was obviously with her boyfriend, the wrong one responded.

4) I said hi to someone who sort of looked like my last case of "one"-itis, and I was rewarded with a smile.

On to "week 2"... On to week 2, I'm feeling adventurous, my secondary objective will be to try to cause 100 women to smile...

"one"-itis is quite serious.. and to think that it's been stopping me from having all this fun for the last several years.

------------------
"success with women is as random as a rigged lottery ticket"

KnightErrant

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a Bump

Dinkum

Reaction score
Wow, I wish I had discovered the DJ Bible earlier! I confess that I used to be a total AFC, but I gained a little confidence after getting a girlfriend in college. It didn't last, however, and after reading stuff from the DJ Bible I realize how I screwed up. I'm going to stop letting others walk all over me and take control of my life.

I'm excited to join the DJ Boot Camp, even if I'm a bit late. I've started the exercises for Week 1 and already my confidence is improving. Here are my experiences and observations so far:

Yesterday I went shopping at a couple of stores and tried to make eye contact and say "Hi". I had no trouble making eye contact, but I had a hard time smiling at strangers. It was easier with the store clerks and with people around my dorm. Altogether I got about 15. Just making eye contact with people made me feel more confident.

Today I walked down the street and tried to say "Hi" to a couple people, but I only managed 4 today. Pedestrians around here aren't very sociable. Almost all of them would glance away immediately or completely avoid eye contact. I also practiced smiling when I did this. I found that I was able to do it if I relaxed a bit and tried to feel happy, but the smile still seemed a little forced. Even so, the other pedestrians avoided eye contact. I felt kind of silly when I smile at someone and they don't even glance at me, but it's good practice. I noticed that in conversations, maintaining eye contact made me feel more confident and in control, and that most people look away or look down when talking.

Dinkum

Reaction score
I completed week #1, and I'm well on my way with week #2! On Sunday I went rollerblading by the park and got 27 hi's! It was really easy to say hi because it was such a beautiful day and everyone was happy to be out there skating, biking, and enjoying the weather. This was 10 times easier than saying hi to strangers on the street or in stores! I even went ahead and struck up some brief conversations with an older man sitting on a bench and with a cute girl who was rollerblading for the first time. I talked a bit with a married woman whose husband had gone skating and left her alone, and I also chatted for about an hour with a waiter who was taking a break. Talking with strangers is an amazing feeling, it gives me a huge confidence boost and plus it's a lot of fun as well! Before I would usually avoid eye contact, but now I look people in the eye without even thinking about it.

Now that I'm done with the week 1 exercises, I'm starting to practice conversations with strangers. Yesterday I talked to a man who was visiting the area for about half an hour at lunch. Later I went shopping for a bit and chatted for some time with an attractive and very friendly girl at the video rental store. I also talked a little bit with an older woman who owns a store down the street until she had to cut it short because of a phone call. Next I went to the billiard supply store. The last time I went there I was a little intimidated by the owner, since he is a pretty big, older man who doesn't say much and frowns a lot. This time I was determined to stay confident, friendly, and assertive. After talking with him for a little bit about the pool equipment and asking him a few questions, I found out that he used to work at my college. We ended up having a pretty good conversation. This just goes to show that it's possible to strike up conversations even with strangers that appear aloof and unfriendly. You never know until you try!

Things are going better than I had imagined, I feel better and more confident around other people than ever! I still need to improve my conversation skills, but this boot camp has helped me immensely already!

[This message has been edited by Dinkum (edited 07-16-2002).]

rookie_donjuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I finally started week #1 after all these months.

I walked around for a few hours and I only said hi to 2 people!

1. old guy sitting on his scooter. i look at him as i walk by and said "hi" he nodded his head and waved at me.

I felt really good about myself.

2. old woman sitting on scooter smoking a cigarette. walked by her, she says "spare any change?" i said "hi" she says hi back.

I felt really good about myself.

I walked some more but didnt say hi to anyone.

It was only 2 people but thats better then nothing.

Tomorrow I'm going to say hi to 20+ people a few old people to get me started then attractive women only.

I AM THE MAN!

jca

Reaction score
Hi all,

First of all. I am very impressed with your concept and your altruism.
I just started the boot camp today (Yes I am late).
I did 5 "Hi", in fact "Bonjour" and asked a question afterward: "How do I get to ...?".
And of course got replies.
I 'll continue on holidays and will report the outcome next week.

Wish me courage.

jca

EpsilonArmati

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Epsilon operative reporting in, sir!

Permission to speak freely, sir?

Does saying hi as being part of my salesman job count? I definately met and went over the quota yesterday. I'll try to do that today as well.

What's interesting is, most people are afraid of eye contact. I'd say hi after meeting their eyes, and the vast majority would mumble something and turn away. Of all the instances, only one guy greeted me directly with a huge smile and we chatted for a minute or two, maintaining eye contact at all appropriate times. I admit, even I became a bit intimidated at how direct and friendly he was back to me.

I'm still having some slight troubles getting used to this, however. When I would make eye contact, sometimes I get twitches of doubt and unwillingly break it. It annoys the hell out of me, like some stupid reflex I couldn't control. Perhaps it's all these years of uncertainty has taken a certain toll on my confidence. Time to patch it up.

[This message has been edited by EpsilonArmati (edited 08-12-2002).]

Hamlet

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm in Sydney & just discovered this site yesterday. I like the idea of the boot camp. I find these sort of organised group projects have a high success rate for me. That's how I learnt to stop smoking. Perhaps it brings out my competitive nature?

Anyway I printed out the Week 1 articles & read them last night. Today I am starting on the eye contact & hi exercises. I'm working in the city & the weather is nice, so there is plenty of opportunity. I find the eye contact & a smile pretty easy, but have a real block with following up with a hi. Anyway, I've only just started, so I can have fun overcoming that hurdle.

The one thing I have noticed so far is how many people, both male & female, young & old, try to avoid eye contact. They either meet my eyes & look away, or else I can see that they have sensed me looking at them & then look absolutely anywhere but at me.

Will report back with more results later.

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Welcome to the new guys! You're on your way to a better life now

Yes, everyone I think has noticed that most people avoid eye contact.

Hamlet

Reaction score
Well, I've kind of given up on the trying to make eye contact & say hi. I think in a big city people just don't like making eye contact. So I have decided to initiate brief exchanges. Not a proper conversation as in week 2 (although I am prepared to let it progress to a conversation if things are going OK).
My basic strategy is to ask for directions "How do I get to Market Street? Is this the right way?" etc It's all BS, because I know pretty much every street in the city, but it's a pretty simple & non-threatening opening gambit.

I just went out for about 10 minutes and approached 3 people. Worked well. Even with the guy who didn't know where the street was, we still had a brief exchange.
Also earlier I saw a guy waiting to cross the road wearing a nice suit. Asked him where he got it from as I am looking for a new suit. He said it was from overseas. Seemed a bit freaked out. I've noticed that with most of the people I've approached.

Once again I think it's the big city effect. People in the city are always wary of being hit on by scamsters or rip-off artists, so they fear everyone. Which is stupid really, 'cos 99% of people are OK. In fact it is an interesting perspective for me to be the one approaching folks & seeing how apprehensive they are. It makes me realise just how irrational this fear is.

Reaction score
Hey Hamlet, you're aussie too?! I'm from Melbourne myself..

Don't make excuses dude. Just get those hi's in any which way you can.

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hamlet, NLAL is right. The important part is where YOU make the eye contact and where you say hi. Their response isn't important.

Medallion

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, my name is Dan and I just finished reading the bible. My DJ buddy and I are starting this boot camp tomorrow. Can't wait!

------------------
"Just be yourself...your IMPROVED self"
"I'm a disturb the peace...you can fall in love"--Ludacris
AIM-gflash4001

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Welcome Medallion! Welcome to the DJ site, to the boot camp, and to a better life !

colonel

Reaction score
I am starting at the beggining with you.

I have been reading through some of the various articles and posts on the site in the recent few days.

I am going to give boot camp a try. I suppose I should tell u all a bit about myself.

I am live in the UK. I work in the week and party at the weekends. I really enjoy going out and getting drunk with my friends. The type of girl I end with seems to be the easy option at the end of the night that doesn't exactly look good when u r sober.

A couple of my mates are ok with the ladies but none of them can just go up 2 anybody in the street. I am not going to mention to my friends about boot camp. The only help I am hoping for through this is from u guys.

The articles and posts I have read have all been very informative and very motavating. I am hoping that the boot camp works and that my mates notice an increase in confidence or if I am successful and increase in dates, I shall be able to point them in the direction of the key to my success.

I shall do week 1 from now until Saturday. Week 2 I am in Corfu on a lads holiday. I may be able to post from there from a net cafe. Let u know how week to is going.

I have had a look through the boot camp taks. I am most looking forward to the week where I have 2 get 10 rejections. This really scares me but excites me at the same time.

Well lets get started.

the-king

Don Juan
Reaction score
i begin my first lesson 3 days ego.i realized that eye contact is very powerful.
So i went to the mall but couldnt say hello to men,only girls.So i said hello to 7 women attractive ones and they smiled and said hello back again.Some even stopped to talk with me but i continued walking.I tried to hold eye contact with people but almost all of them turn they faces immediately.
The eye contact make you feel more confident,definitely.
1-in the sreet,the first girl i said hello was hot,i said hi ,she replied with a smile.
2-in store,2 girls,they were surprised.
3-in the park 3 girls,1 didnt respond at all
4-last one near my home said helo back to me.
I got more 42 to complete the first mission.

About me,i am 19,5 from israel,just finished school.looking for work now.i GOT an interview next week in Internet company,wish me luck all.

Now everyone who wants to join me and colonel from the begining post here.we will be glad to have lots to join us again in this beatiful trip.

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hey they even stopped to talk to you, that's great!

Why did you just walk away?

the-king

Don Juan
Reaction score
hi mistyc!

good question,next time i will stop talking to them.
so mistyc which lesson you are now,and how it is going?