Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

DJ Boot Camp - Week #1

Master of the Universe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DJ Boot Camp - Week #1

All right recruits, as your Drill Sergeant, I want to welcome you to the DJ Boot Camp. For the next eight weeks, you will be official property of the Don Juan Center. You will be undergoing intense, highly effective, drills and exercises that will have you becoming the DJ you've always wanted to be.

In case you have not yet read the course description, you can do so by going to http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/013913.html

Okay, let's begin...

During this first week, we will work on establishing the foundation for our inner DJ personas. And the foundation for this is creating and conveying confidence. Fortunately for us, confidence is not something you are born with, but rather a skill that anyone, willing to put in the effort, can develop.

Like all Boot Camp lessons, there are two parts to this week's lesson. The first part is the reading material, and the second part is the exercises. It is recommended that you read the articles first, and perform the exercises afterwards, since in many cases the exercises utilize ideas and strategies discussed in the reading material.

Purpose of this lesson: Our goal for this week is to initiate the process of developing confidence, and work on methods for conveying confidence (direct eye contact and saying Hi to strangers).

Reading Material

Lazy = Masturbation by bondjamesbond http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000696.html

The title says it all. Read to find out the mentality between those who are lazy and complain... and those who go out and actually do something (like all of us for going through this Boot Camp)!

Be a Man by Pook http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000371.html

What can I say about this post that hasn't been said before? Simply put... it's a work of art! This is the post that probably turned my whole foundation around when it came to becoming the DJ I always wanted to be. A definite must read as you begin your Boot Camp training!

To Anyone Who Lacks Confidence by Nine Breaker http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000930.html

A practical discussion on how to generate confidence. A very useful read at this stage in the Boot Camp.

Kill that desperation! by Pook http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000199.html

Another Pook classic! You want to be a DJ... then you must acquire the mentality of the DJ! Become the Great Catch.

Eye Contact (why it's important) by Surfboard http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000349.html

Why the heck is eye contact important anyway? Well aside from being an aide to displaying confidence and to show a person that you are interested in them, studies have actually proven that extended eye contact releases chemicals that simulate and initiate the feelings of falling in love. Read for more information, and for ways to use this to your advantage.

Successful eye contact by Take No Dirt http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/001195.html

Okay, you've initiated eye contact... what do you do now so that she doesn't think your a psycho for staring?

Ways to make your self more attractive by Quietstorm http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000472.html

An interesting discussion on clothing, and how to dress properly. In addition to looking more appealing to girls, a change in wardrobe is one of the easiest things you can do to change your own outlook on things, and to increase your self-confidence.

Music Picks by TheRockStar (Songs to get you into the theme of the lesson).

Bette Davis Eyes - Duets Soundtrack

Beautiful Stranger - Madonna

Blue Eyes - Elton John

Peter Gabriel - In Your Eyes

Start Me Up - Rolling Stones

Exercises

Okay, so you've read the posts above, and you're ready to get started with the exercises. Great!

For this week's lesson, your mission is to go out into any setting where there are a large amount of people, and practice establishing eye contact, as well as to approach strangers with a simple "Hi" or "Hello." Here are the specifics...

Exercise #1 - In two separate outings, each lasting one hour in length, you will go about establishing eye contact with strangers.

A fun way to go about doing this is to walk around in a mall or in a park and look people directly in the eyes as they are walking towards you. You will find that most people will not look at you in the eyes, but for those who do look you in the eye, you will want to practice looking in their eyes at least one second longer than they look into yours, this denotes confidence. To create the impression that you are friendly and approachable, you will want to match the eye contact with a genuine smile.

You can practice eye contact on just about anyone you see, male or female, young or old. But since the eventual goal of this Boot Camp is to acquire women, you will want to spend at least some of your time establishing eye contact with attractive girls.

Exercise #2 - A confident person has no problem saying Hi to a stranger, and since the first part of this Boot Camp is geared toward building confidence, the goal of this exercise is to go around and say Hi or Hello to a total of 50 strangers during this week. Again, you can say Hi to any person you see, but since eventually your goal will be to get girls, you will want to practice saying Hi to attractive girls. Also, when greeting strangers, practice doing so with a smile and have fun.

And to save time, feel free to combine exercises #1 and #2 together, so that you can go about greeting your 50 strangers during your eye contact outings (e.g. Establish eye contact, smile, and say Hi when you are within speaking range).

After completing this exercise (no later than April 28 - one week from today), post your results on this thread. Share with the rest of us anything interesting that happened, and what emotions you may have felt (excitement, nervousness, joy, etc.), as well as what you thought of this first lesson.

Master of the Universe

Good luck recruits!

------------------
"Life's a joke... take it too seriously, and the joke's on you"

[This message has been edited by Master of the Universe (edited 04-21-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Master of the Universe (edited 04-21-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Master of the Universe (edited 04-29-2002).]

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yay!

And some DJ Bible articles I hadn't read either...

Well, even though I already did 26 last week, I'm still gonna do the 40 (40? I thought it was 50?) this week. It's quite a rush actually - I'm still in a good mood from my little outing of thursday.... ahh yeah

Master of the Universe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
mistyc,

"40? I thought it was 50?)"

Woops... my bad. It's 50... I've corrected it. Thanks for catching my mistake!

Master of the Universe

------------------
"Life's a joke... take it too seriously, and the joke's on you"

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Master of the Universe:
Woops... my bad. It's 50... I've corrected it. Thanks for catching my mistake!
[/B]
No problem
But you've only changed it at one of the 2 places (look under "Exercice #2"

TheRockStar

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sir, Private First Class RockStar reporting for duty, Sir!! *stiff salute*

ok well i looked alot of people in the eye and held it. however sometimes i found myself looking down not very often but once in a while which annoyed me. havent said hi to anyone yet but i am going to go to the mall later on. one girl actually stayed with me i could tell there were volumes being spoken there but i didnt smile or say hi like i should have.

ok i was feeling bummed cause i went to borders by my house and i couldnt get anyone to look at me then on my way out i saw a little cutie coming in from the parking lot so i look at her and as she starts to look away i crack a little smirk and she snaps her head back up and smiles.

havent got to the saying hi part yet though.

------------------
Got a drum life?

"No little perv bull**** is gonna work with this one, you gotta play it smooth, be Don Juan de la Nootch"- Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

[This message has been edited by TheRockStar (edited 04-22-2002).]

[This message has been edited by TheRockStar (edited 04-22-2002).]

xblitz44x

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
blitz reporting...

4:30 am - wake up
5:00 am - go to the gym
** 3 eye contact/hello from strangers **
8:00 am - went to college
** 7 eye contact/hello from strangers **

Met quota of 10 per day for first day.

Signing off...

Blitz

Challenger

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, this stuff really seems to work )) I hadn't believed that saying hello to a stranger rise your self-confidence....
but it's true. At least you feel really better after a shot "hi" oder "good day" or whatever ... doesn't really matter to whom you say that ..

My records on Monday:
6 strangers greeted and fell great about it )

Tuesday:
Said hi to aprox. 4 person but waved at a pretty girl who was looking at me some kind of romantic )) after my waving she was kind of puzzled and insecure. A great feeling for me actually )) I was also waving at a group of girls passing me ... I hope this will also count?

Wednesday:
Saif "good day" to aproximately 5 people. All but 1 respond very friendly. The one woman who doesn't respond wasn't looking at me but I greeted her anyways. She gave a shy short look at me and quickly moved on. I was kind of angry so I basically hold my middle finger directly in front of her face. And guess what? She acted like she hasn't seen it or me and just went on ...
Wasn'T the kindest way, but who cares?

Additionaly, when I was walking/talking with a girl along the way, 3 class mates appeared behind us. One of them (walking in the middle) seemed to be in this kind of nasty mood and tried to make fun of me. Instead of just going on and let him control the situation (he is behind us) I just stoppend and bumped into him saying somethink like:"ahh, now <name> is feeling great again, but when we will have math he is shy/silent as ****.." Basically I rescued the situation and I didn't lose confidence or anythink like that ..

Thursday:
It was a great day acutally, I missed to say anythink on a pretty girl (on a bike) which was looking on me, bu I managed to greet 15 poeple! Also I have talked to about 4 little kids who wanted to stroke my dog and were friendly at all...

Friday:
Alright, I got kind of drunk on friday and was out with a few old friends. I actually introduced myself (and saif hi
) to aproximately 50 people this night but I can't really remember. I also had completely forgotten the names of the people and what I had talked to them. But. . oh well ... doesn't matter at all I think. But anyway I will continue to get "hi" now, because if you are not drunken it's way harder...

[This message has been edited by Challenger (edited 04-27-2002).]

PeterNorthStyle

Don Juan
Reaction score
SIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bfl

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ok well today i said not hi ( cause it sounds kind of gay) i said wazup to 4 strangers, 1 didn't say nothing and the other 3 just said hi back to me without smiling.

------------------
Be safe g

hannibal82

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
went to the mall to complete todays mission........ I made eye contact with alot of people here are my results:

1. of those that I made eye contact with and had a smirky smile on my face but didn't say hi to mostly looked away first

2. I said "hi" to 6 people..... about 4 girls and 2 guys. All but one replied with a nice hi except for one hot girl that just blew me off hehe it was funny. the one older guy about 50 replied with a smile and hey buddy or somethign like that..... um.... girl selling stuff replied with a hi and a smile... girl walking past me i got a nice smile and a hi ..... so basically 5/6 smiled and replied positively ..... i wanted to get 10 for today, but my friend called and we ended up going to lunch, then i had school ......blah , oh well i will catch up.

on emotions: saying hi and smiling/ eye contact definitely makes you feel more confident and in control....... absolutely

Hannibal82

------------------
"You....You're so ******* money and you don't even know it.
-Trent from "Swingers

Dr_Feelgood

Don Juan
Reaction score
First, I posted this a couple of days before the beginnig of DJ Boot Camp:

http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/013977.html

On Saturday, I only said 3 "hi"s. On Sunday, I said 8.

Today is the first time I really used the eye contact thing, and a friendly smile. I said "hi" to 12 women (one went out of her way to say "hi" to me first, but I'm counting her anyway, though she beat me to it.) ;-) My results were even better. I've been saying "hi" to only women. Mostly women I would approach and possibly date.

The more you do this, the better quality your "hello"s become, and the better the responses. This increases your confidence a lot. Women notice this, and you get a more positive response. I'm already walking taller and more animatedly. It's like I'm already becoming a whole new man. This is great. I'll easily hit 50 by the end of tommorrow, but I'm going to keep doing this all week. I'm going to go for 75. I'm going to make the rest high quality, and really work on the eye contact thing even more.

[This message has been edited by Dr_Feelgood (edited 04-22-2002).]

MG69

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
this series of DJ Boot Camp itself should have a devoted section in the DJ bible.

Mod, wat do u say?

studmuffin15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what is up with eye contact???? the second i make eye contact with someone, they look away in some other direction....are people that nervous??? i never noticed it before until i started this excercise. what gives?

valikyule

Don Juan
Reaction score
Since I saw the whole boot camp tonight, I haven't had the chance to practice it but I've got some interesting result that I've had before from practicing eye contact.

The first girl stared back for so long that she broke into a smile and said hi. I quickly replied.

A man with a dog walked by and I gave him eye contact and said hi when we both waited for elevator. Same response as #1 girl and he started to talk about his dog..interesting.

Well, after that, I hied a few more times to tenants that live around my apartment but they're all old people so I had no problem saying hi to them at all.

valikyule

Don Juan
Reaction score
just to clarify myself, I've been practicing the eye contact occasionally but never had done the intense boot material.

TheRockStar

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
oh i just had to bump this again.

------------------
Got a drum life?

"No little perv bull**** is gonna work with this one, you gotta play it smooth, be Don Juan de la Nootch"- Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

Rico Suave

Don Juan
Reaction score
People are so modest on my Christian campus. Many of them will simply look at the ground of ahead of them and not look up as they walk by, or only glace up at me briefly.

So far my results are 2 occasions where I said "Hi" and made eye contact with women around campus. Both times they smiled and also replied with "Hi". I already knew both of them as extremely casual aquaintences (I've never had a class or conversation with either of them in the past), so they don't exactly qualify as true strangers. Although I must admit, I actually felt more attractive after having made a connection with each of the women, and moreso from receiving a smile! I wish I realised this wonderful cycle for myself earlier: look at women, smile, say hello --> she smiles back and says hello --> I feel more attractive --> I feel more confident --> I look at more women, smile even bigger, and say hello with a bit of debonair --> more and more women see my confidence and see me as attracive! It's actually not cycle at all, but an UPWARD spiral which allows me to acheive higher and higher succes with women.

I also said "Hi" to two different older men I walked past on my campus. I was fascinated by the fact that I could view an equal level of confidence in them as their eyes met mine, and they replied similarly. It was almost like I was subliminally communicating to him "Dude, I've got confidence, and so do you. Way to go on being a confident Don Juan. Now let's go find the babes!" LOL. Okay, maybe that's not what he was thinking, but I think it was cool that I feel like we were able to boost eachothers confidence simply by making eye contact, smiling, and then offering a greeting.

------------------
"Hail to the King." Ash (Bruce Campbell) from Army of Darkness

[This message has been edited by Rico Suave (edited 04-23-2002).]

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good to see everyone doing so good!

studmuffin: it's true. most people do not know how to look into the eyes, nor have the confidence to do so for long. They've been "trained" all their lives to avoid contact with strangers. It's sad... And it's one thing that seperates DJs from mere mortals
Don't worry about it.

As for old men or people walking their dogs, they're always the ones who have the most chances of replying. Salesmen too.

valikyule

Don Juan
Reaction score
HEy, my first field day isn't working out right. Oh well. Its still in the middle of the day.

Does this practice apply to saying hi and eye contact to guys as well?? Or does it have to be purely women and girl???

Well, I wasn't sure because everybody seems to be concentrating on just the women.

Here goes my current result.

1. Looked and attempted a hi to a girl. Didn't even look at me.

Same pattern applied to the next 3,4 girls but no response or look at my way.

2. Applied same technique to 2,3 guys, received a blank look.

Its kind of shoddy now.