Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

DJ Boot Camp - Course Description (class is now in session)

Master of the Universe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow... I have to admit that the response to this program has really taken me by surprise. I guess I didn't think that so many others would be interested.

Don-Wan Kenobi,

You hit the nail on the head as to my reasoning for doing this Boot Camp in this intense format. Glad you're on board!

Northernpride,

The reading material will be posted once a week along with the detailed weekly lesson instructions (first one will be posted this Sunday). Most of the material will come from the DJ Bible, but some will come from other sources (available freely on the net)

Guys... this is going to be awesome!

Master of the Universe

P.S. Mistyc, that's the attitude I like
Keep it up man!

------------------
"Life's a joke... take it too seriously, and the joke's on you"

[This message has been edited by Master of the Universe (edited 04-18-2002).]

Pipo

Reaction score
Well... although being in a LTR, I know I can greatly improve on my mindset, attitude, confidence... whatever you may call it.

So.. get the ball rolling dude

Maybe won't keep up thru those post-week#4 exercises... but hey, it's a starting point for times of necessity

------------------
Don't trust in anything that bleeds for 5 days...and doesn't die.

Jake Steed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Awesome idea, Motu. I'm going to try to participate.

"well when the earth shakes and the lightning flashes and the heavens rip from the sky you know what old Jack Burton says....ol' Jack Burton says "what the h*ll"

Rockstar was quoting one of the best movies ever made, and one of my personal favorites. John Carpenter's masterpeice, "Big Trouble in Little China", starring Kurt Russel. Please go rent this movie. It is fvcking awesome.

Yo mistyc, I love your attitude. You will do great things with that attitude.

Jake

Wolf in sheep's clothing

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm bored and I've been reading too much. It's time to tackle some of those excuses I've been making, so what the heck, I'm in just to see how it goes.

------------------
"Step aside everyone! Sensitive love letters are my specialty. 'Dear Baby, Welcome to Dumpsville. Population: you.'" - Homer J. Simpson

huisy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a newbie (not a lot of luck with women), but I am prepared to change, and although a lot of that **** scares me, I'm going to bite the bullet and enter...let's hope I can keep the pace!

Nick

Struggling

Banned
Reaction score
HA!

Funny guys i used to be the same way you guys are right now. Get all pumped up and reved to go. Then boom, reality hits. Not all of this stuf works, actually none of it works.

but ill get into that in another post.

but anyways good luck people...

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hahahahaha, well MOTU looks like you've certainly conjured up a storm. You seem to have a very good nack for marketing and sales, hahaha, I'd like to meet you in the real world. Certainly would be a very unique experience, and that is a really good thing!!! Also thanks for the reply, I can see where your coming from and I personally think it will work for a lot of people, although a few WILL crash out!!! Good luck, you certainly like creating work for yourself!!

------------------
Life is a game....PLAY IT!!

northernpride

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Struggling:
HA!

Funny guys i used to be the same way you guys are right now. Get all pumped up and reved to go. Then boom, reality hits. Not all of this stuf works, actually none of it works.
No dude, that's not the point of this thing at all!! Nobody said that the program is supposed to get us out of reality. You can't escape reality, and one way or another, you're going to have to deal with it, in time.

This program is a great idea. It's going to make us confront reality...but put a creative spin on it. It's a great way of getting some of us more lazy DJs out there and put a firecracker up our a$$. MoTU is a genius.

PeterNorthStyle

Don Juan
Reaction score
AAAHH NOT STRUGGLING AGAIN,

that guy is like is a true shocker, Id love to go out with him and use him as a my wingman, I could anchor all the negative emotions that happen - straight to him and he would happily accept them as "the cold hard truth" while I get the "warm soft fantasy"

anyway IM keen for the program top shelf motu top shelf

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*humming* la la la.. hm hm hm.. papipam.. *humming*

so... is it Sunday yet?

Darn. nope. heh.

*waiting*...

Are all the lessons going to be here, or are they going to have their seperate threads? I remember seeing something about it mentioned, but don't remember the decision

And.. While we're waiting.. Why don't we all introduce ourselves?
Just a short intro...

Something like:

I'm Mistyc, 22 years old, from Ottawa. After years of AFCness (and some subconscious DJing that my AFCness always #@$%#@$% up), I decided to do something about it - all cause of a girl for whom I was so whipped I stopped thinking clearly (fortunately askmen.com, that I'd been reading sinec I met her, saved me from some big blunders, whew!). So here I am now, feeling better than ever, and ready to see hordes of beautiful ladies kiss my feet and worship me like the god I am. Or something like that

*back to waiting...*

oh. nope. a true DJ wouldn't wait.

*calls friends to go out tonight*

there ya go...

[This message has been edited by mistyc (edited 04-19-2002).]

TheRockStar

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by northernpride:
It's a great way of getting some of us more lazy DJs out there and put a firecracker up our a$$. MoTU is a genius.

well put my sentiments exactly.

------------------
Got a drum life?

"No little perv bull**** is gonna work with this one, you gotta play it smooth, be Don Juan de la Nootch"- Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

Master of the Universe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alrighty guys... we now have over 40 DJs who have decided to take the challenge! A big hand to all of us (clapping... clapping)!

I'm leaving in an hour for a weekend trip with my little brother. We're either going up north to San Francisco or down south to Mexico (sometimes it's just more exciting to go where the road takes you than to plan everything in advance... sometimes anyway).

As soon as I get back on Sunday, I'll post the first lesson.

Jake Steed,

"Rockstar was quoting one of the best movies ever made, and one of my personal favorites. John Carpenter's masterpeice, "Big Trouble in Little China", starring Kurt Russel. Please go rent this movie. It is fvcking awesome."

I remember hearing about that movie, I'll definitely have to rent it. Also, Jake, I am a very big fan of the work you do on GP.com, I've noticed more of the guys there are starting to see the light. Right on!

Huisy,

"I'm a newbie (not a lot of luck with women), but I am prepared to change, and although a lot of that **** scares me, I'm going to bite the bullet and enter...let's hope I can keep the pace!"

Welcome aboard, you'll do great... just get rid of the " I hope" mentality and turn it into an "I know" mentality.

Clooney,

"I'd like to meet you in the real world. Certainly would be a very unique experience, and that is a really good thing!!!"

Any time you're in Southern California, drop me an e-mail to the_masteroftheuniverse@yahoo.com and we'll grab a burger.

Mistyc,

Almost there buddy... only a couple of days more. Each lesson will have it's own thread... the first one will be "DJ Boot Camp - Week #1" or something to that effect.

As to the introductions... why not. Since we'll all be getting to know each other in the next eight weeks, we might as well introduce ourselves. Here's mine...

Master of the Universe - I'm 24 and living in Southern California. During elementary, junior, and most of high school, I used to be the shy type... couldn't talk to girls. Later on I became bold and could talk to girls, but I was super naive.

In one instance, I went out to dinner with a girl who was rubbing her thighs and legs all over me at the dinner table, and I thought she had an itch... I didn't make a single move. Another example, when in high school, the most popular and cutest girl was into me, and I used to avoid her. 75% of the guys in my class (including me) had a crush on her, but I had no idea what to do, so I would ignore her and try to avoid her. The more I did this, the more she would pursue me... she tried for over a year but finally gave up on me (if only I knew then what I know now LOL
)

Anyway, I came here to this board for help with a particular girl... didn't get far with the girl, but I learned tons (do a search for my posts if you're interesting in reading about the situation... warning though... it's loooong.)

Anyway guys, have a wonderful weekend, and expect the first lesson Sunday!

Master of the Universe

[This message has been edited by Master of the Universe (edited 04-19-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Master of the Universe (edited 04-19-2002).]

KometaAmarelo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Introductions? Ok... 21 year old from Lisbon Portugal. AFC all my life, but seems things are moving forward now, if not in the way i act, at least in the way i think. Guess that's the main reason behind joining the program... To incorporate the theory in the real world. I have no special girl in mind, like many others, i joined the forum mainly because this stuff is something every male should know. I'm not talking about the techniques per se, but about the line of thought underneath them, which is the line that distinguishes a loser from a winner. It's far more important than much of what i'm being taught in college, IMO.

So... let's get starting

Madison Kain

Don Juan
Reaction score
Intro - I'm a 20 year old junior at UC Berkeley, taking a semester off. I'm in economics and applied math. I enjoy computers (used to be computer science), books, movies, weightlifting, karate, guitar, etc.

With respect to girls, my experience with them really started in the fall of 2000 with a girl that lived across the hall from me...it was a terrible experience, since she was kinda crazy and insecure, and I was the posterchild for AFC. Since then, I've been dating a bit, nothing serious, just trying to get off on the right foot again.
Glad to be here, hope to learn everything.

MK

Drifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You know when I first started my transition from AFC to DJ I was so excited.
I saw this new power working and I wanted more and more.
I felt like I would be a master DJ in no time.

Lately I've been finding myself losing confidence, to the point where I'm not really seeing results.

I was even considering giving up on the idea of being a DJ.
Just keeping some of the knowledge I knew but not going out of my way to get women.

But what the hell.
One last hurrah right?

I accept your challenge, and maybe I will find my way back with it.
I'd rather give it one last shot, then give up on this...

Lets ROCK

Rico Suave

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm definitely in!!

My only advice, and request, would be that I think your overall structure is sound and well thought out; however, it might help us to get a more well-rounded learning spectrum if you offer a few "guest lessons" from a few other master don juans. I know you're going to be borrowing a lot of material from the DJ Bible, which I think is great, but it might be helpful for students to hear lessons coming from a different bias, with an attempt to make new points of interest.

That's just my humble advice I'd like to offer. I'm sure the boot camp will be great, and I'm certainly looking forward to it.

------------------
"Hail to the King." Ash (Bruce Campbell) from Army of Darkness