Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

DJ Boot Camp - Course Description (class is now in session)

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well thought out MOTU, although I still don't know, I think that many of the newbies won't be ready to do things so quickly, some will be shot down the first few times they ask girls out and will quit, time is the only way to heal their wounds and in this short time they will be crushed!!! Although for many it will work, but again I don't think people will go through with the whole course, all the reading and actually getting out there and doing it!! It's worth a try though, and it might be a HUGE success.

One BIG mistake in this course is your version of giving them confidence. As everyone knows this is something aquired over time, with possibly the biggest confidence building thing, SELF IMPROVEMENT. Some prospective DJ's may not be confident within themselves yet, and simply asking out girls and hoping after reading a few hours of information will NOT give them confidence ALONE.

Anyways, I think it is a brilliant plan, and am glad you thought it up, this course alone may change SOME AFC's life forever, so I say go for it!!!! I am VERY busy myself and have many things going on, including a couple of prospective babes I am working on. I will however try to make time for the course, to test it out myself, and who knows in 8 weeks time I may be praising you!!!!!

HAPPY HUNTING EVERYONE!!

------------------
Life is a game....PLAY IT!!

XANEUS

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm kind of where Clooney is on this... I've got some really good things going on in my life right now, including some great girls. I don't want to jeapordize that by devoting too much time to this, but I'll do at least an abbreviated version of the course and keep in touch about it. Oh and for all you Newbies... I've already done a less intense form of most of the 1-5 week activities and I've gained a lot from it. Particularly if you stick it out through week 4 you should begin to really see some improvement in your success with women. Good Luck.

anti-trend

Don Juan
Reaction score
as i read through more replies, i can see why some newbies wouldnt handle this. but this can be taken as a checklist, to becoming a DJ. the newbies or anyone doesnt have to do it strictly by the week, but if you can get to week for like the last post suggested, you should be in good position.

Master of the Universe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys... the response looks great so far! I'm working hard putting together the lessons, and the first one will be posted this Sunday.

A few folks had some questions or comments, so I'll address them right now...

Don-Wan Kenobi,

"My greatest concern is that I will be graduating from college in four weeks. After that, who knows where I will be or what I will be doing to support myself?"

Actually, I think you'll find that by going through this Boot Camp, you will actually be able to get a lot of benefit in your situation (e.g. if you just finish college and are looking for an appropriate job, you'll find with your newfound confidence and abilities to overcome objections that you will be able to find a more ideal position).

The point of this Boot Camp is not only to get girls, but to gain skills that will serve you in all facets of life.

"Here's a suggestion: to keep things simple, we should probably keep boot camp running through TWO weekend posts. One with instructions for the following week and the other to keep track of our progress. What do y'all think?"

Hmmm.... interesting idea. Only thing though... is that the weekly instructions will only be one message, so it will probably be an overkill to have it's own thread, and more than likely someone will end up posting a message to the instructions post when they meant to do so in the discussion post... probably simpler to keep everything together. The first post for each thread would be the instructions, and all follow-up posts to the thread would be discussion. But we'll see how things go, we could make modifications as needed.

TheRockStar,

"well when the earth shakes and the lightning flashes and the heavens rip from the sky you know what old Jack Burton says....ol' Jack Burton says "what the h*ll""

Buddy... I must admit... I haven't a clue what you just said
I think it was good... but I'm not sure

Clooney,

"One BIG mistake in this course is your version of giving them confidence. As everyone knows this is something aquired over time, with possibly the biggest confidence building thing, SELF IMPROVEMENT. Some prospective DJ's may not be confident within themselves yet, and simply asking out girls and hoping after reading a few hours of information will NOT give them confidence ALONE."

I understand what you're saying... and I tend to agree with your viewpoint. However, according to researchers, there are two basic ways for someone to change their lives...

1) Slowly... one step at a time OR
2) By making immediate, dramatic changes to their lifestyle

Since the purpose of this experiment is to get in shape in a shorter period of time, that is the reason we are using the second method.

That is also the reason why this Boot Camp is so demanding. It requires the participants to make dramatic changes to their normal habits... however, this also produces a rush... almost like being on a high...

Yeah, it might be difficult on the egos of some guys if they get rejected. But if that's the case... then these are the people who really need to GO THROUGH and COMPLETE this program, because they need to work on something more important than getting girls, and that's learning to deal with rejection and have more self-esteem.

However, if someone cannot put their egos to the side during this experiment, then this Boot Camp may not be for them...

But then again, I don't even yet know what the final results for this experiment will be yet... it may be a total dud, or super successful... we'll know in eight weeks

Also, one of the reasons why the first few weeks deal with simple things like saying hi to strangers is to build up on small successes, hence also adding to confidence.

And I appreciate your feedback Clooney, thanks!

Master of the Universe

------------------
"Life's a joke... take it too seriously, and the joke's on you"

Don-Wan Kenobi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, MotU.

I see what you're saying: We can have a week one post with both instructions and feedback, a week two post with instructions and feedback, and a week three post, etc. This is a much better idea than I had previously suggested.

Some people have mentioned that "boot camp" may be too much of a challenge for the new members. Maybe it will be, but keep in mind what MotU said a while ago... to paraphrase, it is one thing to change the way you think and another thing entirely to change the way that you behave. While this board does a good job of helping its members adopt a DJ mindset, it hasn't to this point done much to ensure that DJs change their behavior patterns. But I've read the Bible one hundred times and no success really means But I've read the Bible one hundred times and then checked my email and watched television instead of leaving the comfort of my room to hone my DJ skills!

Whoever said that Courage and Confidence are acquired knew what they were talking about. The only way that you can develop them is to put the keyboard down and go out into the real world.

MotU, your "boot camp" could not have come at a better time. I WANT this to be a BIG SUCCESS for EVERYONE, including myself.

Hope you've got your stuff ready for Saturday. I know, I do

Don Robert

------------------
D.W.K.
~~~~
Master the Game or Master the Bate

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I already tried out the first week's homework assignment for this boot camp

SAid hi to 26 strangers (had some stuff to do besides that, but I was initially expecting only 10 hehhe).

Flirted (the eye-contact then move on to something more interesting method) with a hot chick in the bus. After the 1st eye contact she even starting checking her hair and her makeup right there in the bus!

I also interrupted 2 girls' gossiping just by looking in their eyes, smiling (by the 25th hi my smile was big and genuine) and nodding. They almost giggled.

So that was fun. =D

I think even the newbies will benefit a lot from this. Mind you, I'm not that newbie-ish as I've always looked in people's eyes when I talk to them and all, and I've been reading this website and askment.com for a few months now so I was more than ready to go out in the fold.

But I don't think the 1 assignment per week is too much. Heck, get the newbies to read Pook's posts in the bible and they'll probably outsurpass me, he's so inspirational

[This message has been edited by mistyc (edited 04-18-2002).]

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oh and what MotU said about getting a "rush" or a "high" from doing this is SO F@$%@#$% true!

I only hope I'm able to study for tomorrow's exam with all that rush inside me

TheRockStar

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hahaha yeah definately a good thing!!

------------------
Got a drum life?

"No little perv bull**** is gonna work with this one, you gotta play it smooth, be Don Juan de la Nootch"- Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

KometaAmarelo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's do it!

Don Napolitano

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, don't forget me

I'm in! I'm also a newbie and the latter weeks sound the harder for me (saying hi to strangers is no big deal) but I wanna go till the end..

This stuff may be one of those life changing events and I don't want to miss it

MysteryMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
maybe this deserves a separate section on the board... so people can track were they are easier...

its sounds like a brilliant i dea and im sure a year ago this would of really helped me!

Dr_Feelgood

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a great idea MOU. I'm in! It's great a lot of us can do this together. I wanted to do something similar with a friend, but he chickened out. It's good to have the support and encouragement of fellow DJs when you do something like this. You succeed no matter what.