DJ Boot Camp: 'All Out' 2006

sjchris

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm still not out yet. Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy as hell with work, school and gaming *****es. I did all of the conversations and then some. One was with a brunette 7 at starbucks. I got her digits and plan on following up in the future. I talked to two different blondes in the mall this week, one went and got lunch with me, the other worked at a clothing store and I chatted up with her a bit, she gave me her number and made me promise to come back. lol I had about 5 or 6 convos this weekend at various places, but Im gonna get some sleep so I don't have time to go into detail now.

mastersF

Don Juan
Reaction score
heyhey! skipped school today as i was feeling sick when i woke up at 5am. So i freshened up after awhile and crashed the mall. Basically did nothing much except hold eye contact and smiled at people (girls especially). Had breakfast and that was when i decided to do my first sarging of this bootcamp week3. After buying my food i was looking for a seat and saw a girl (in school uniform) siting alone at one corner of the joint so i gave her some EC and a smile then walked up to her and asked if i could sit with her. Surprisingly she agreed and i sat down, taking out a book to read as i ate.

After awhile i looked at her again and asked "why are you not in school?" and flashed her a knowing grin. she replied some excuse about not having done her work so no point going as it was all tutorials. i busted her on it and called her a slacker. then after awhile i said "you know what? we're so alike. " and went on to tell her that i'm a slacker too and of course that it is not completely bad as we are spontaneous people. dragged it on to ask her more about her ambitions to which she said that she didnt really have an idea so that kinda disqualified her so i finished my food and left, politely of course.

9 more to go!

Heart Break Kid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Crap guys, this weeks suuuuuucks!

I was supposed to do a salsa dance with this cute girl during our school assembly for the one to show racial diversion (I'm not even hispanic) but it got canceled! =( I was hoping to get half my approachs with the other hot girls there, damn! Well dance or not, I'm still going! On top of that I can't gym approach this week as my wrist is slightly injured... Yarg...

#1 -- Yesterday my friend was talking to this olive-skinned beauty so I just budded in and we talked for a bit. 2 mins~

#2 - Girl in my english class named Natasha. We talked about the assembly.
3 mins~

#3 - Girl in my physics name Dana. Very nice and quite beautiful. Our teacher just posted marks up so that was something to talk about. She giggled and listened to what I said very well. However I forgot to close properly. 4 mins~

Mez

Don Juan
Reaction score
Way to go!

Looks like I'm going to have to get on the ball!

Mctwist4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1/10

Started a convo with the hot student teacher at my school. As we walked down the hall I asked her about school and stuff. She is a cool as ****. I don't think I will advance on this one though....

piltad

Don Juan
Reaction score
well i decided go big or go home so i guess i was feeling kinda ****y after my prior experience w/ the hottest girl in school giving me her number so today during are stupid @ss science fair it was damn boring so i decided go up to this HB9.5 and talk to her she was sitting there doing some home work so i went up there played around w/ her some kino and c+f and about 6 mins later i was walking away w/ her number since i just saw one of my bros. im prob going to go after her don't no yet for sure

and then talked to prob a HB7.5 or so but talked to her about school and crap mainly just bsing mainly to just get my required 10 convos this week but i don't no know now i might talk to her again after seeing her walk away all i can say is damn she had a nice @ss:)

3/10

PocketGnome

Don Juan
Reaction score
I started a conversation with a girl I've had my eye on for a while now. I simply asked to see her notebook so I could get the notes in my math class, which then sparked the conversation about liking math or not. And, that lead into other classes... etc.

I also had a conversation with a member of the softball team. I asked her how the team was doing... etc. Then talked about what sports I played...

And, yesterday at the golf course, I played with 2 random guys I've never seen before. And, we had a good conversation about clubs.....tees... and basically anything relating to golf.

VegasGuy56

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
PocketGnome said:
And, yesterday at the golf course, I played with 2 random guys I've never seen before. And, we had a good conversation about clubs.....tees... and basically anything relating to golf.
Remember, you're supposed to converse with GIRLS you'd be interested in dating.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep the ball going guys! :up:

Don't be scared to talk to the girls and remember to follow by the 3-sec rule. Talk whatever's on your mind -- just make sure you get your 10 convos. Personally, tonight I'm off to game the club alone for the first time -- should be quite the experience.

If you need a pep talk, then join our DJ boot camp AIM chat room held once or twice a week at night.

Mctwist4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lamia said:
Start it up ITS TIME TO MAKE EYE CONTACT GUYS!!
IM IN
Sorry bro, we are in the 3rd week already. I highly encourage you to start your own bootcamp though. Be sure to give people a few days to join you and stay dedicated.

Lamia

Don Juan
Reaction score
sorry
I just red the first week and I was like YAH lets do this...

Mez

Don Juan
Reaction score
Conversation

Yesterday I talked with this real cute black girl. I accidently bumped into the conversation and we started talking about the difference between the mosquitos in my area and the delta area. We started kino within like 30 seconds and I noticed she seemed interested but for some reason something inside was telling me not to close at all. It was real fun though! Maybe I just didn't feel up to it because I'm so busy this week with moving into my new apartment.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I sarged a bar/club alone!

Well guys I mustered up the courage and went out to a big bar/club alone for the first time. Awesome experience, I recommend you kids doing this when you get older and can go to these venues. Anyway, check out my report below. I hooked a mixed 3 set for 30 minutes after an 80s hair metal band got off stage.

Field report in this thread: http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=98061 :woo:

Hardest part was getting comfortable in telling them I was out alone and that I was "waiting for my older bro to show up" Lol.

I wanted to eject when conversation lulled, but they still said I could stay and be their friends. Awesome. :D

Next time I hope to be more honest with who I am and what I'm doing there, but it was first -- so I knew it was going to be a bit sloppy.

Rock on, keep the lady conversations coming guys we've got a few days left in week 3.

Challenges:
- Yelling over the band on stage / music after the band
- Articulating words so my questions would be understood
- Embracing my sexuality (acting not shy, nervous)
- Open ended questions vs. Close ended questions

Total:
- 3 Conversations

Mctwist4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hit into a brick wall with my cold approaches. Went out for an hour or so with the intent on approaching, had 1 or 2 opportunities and did not approach. I'm very disappointed in myself and will change this tomorrow. I could really use some encouragement.

VegasGuy56

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
2. Talked to some girl in the sunglass shop. Cheap, I know, but she was extremely hot, so it counts.

3. Was messing with a deck of cards while waiting in line. I can do all kinds of fancy moves, shuffling the deck with one hand, throwing cards out 15 feet and having them come back and land in the deck, etc. It's a good convo starter. HB 6.5 and HB 8.5 see me and we talk for a couple minutes until I get to the front of the line.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
VegasGuy56 said:
2. Talked to some girl in the sunglass shop. Cheap, I know, but she was extremely hot, so it counts.
Nice Job Vegas. You could have had a fun opportunity for C+F at the sunglass shop; by trying on different pairs to mimick celebs. Did you try that clothes opinion opener I gave you last night?

Here's a rundown of my conversations last night taken from my blog:

Convo 4-5: Thursday 13th April 2006 7:30
19 yr old Lativan HB8.5@Church

After sermon was over I chatted up this Lativan brunette with deep blue eyes about Europe sitting infront of me. I did a few personality conveying routines about my trip to Europe last year. Somehow my ex was brought up, but I played it down and mentioned she was cool and she asked why it didn't work, I just said simply it was an issue of distance. Nice. Usually I go bitter here with most people, so this was the first time I played it off cool. She split after 8 minutes, but I hope to catch her next week or so again before she goes back to Lativa.

On a personal note I'd say that Pook is right about foreign women. There is something magical and feminine about them. They're mature respectful and don't seem to be twisted by the head games of the matriarchy here in the states. For those who don't know geography well Lativa is on the Eastern block of Europe. Would have stayed and chatted but her older girl friend (cb) grabbed her, for they both were off to a local coffee hang out shop. At this point I don't know if I would have been able to pull a time bounce with them. Wish I could have summoned Mystery for help here, lol.

Key factors:

- Comfortable in own skin
- Finally able to articulate my words better
- Didn't have to fight for her attention
- EC over 80% of the conversation

Improve on:

- Talking less about myself and getting her to open up more about her homeland
- More open-ended questions
- Talk slower
- Take pauses

20 yr old Hawaiin HB5@Church

Surprisingly, she opened me after I stopped talking to the Lativan. She asked me about rockclimbing since I mentioned it during our introductions before the church gathering. She asked me about where I went to school and what I did for a living. Very standard nothing exciting really here.

Key Factors
- Acted like myself
- Calm, collected, funny
- Didn't act desperate

In Conclusion:
I really improved with social proof. It was my second time there, so I was invited out to a fast food place to get burgers and fries with everyone. There were several decent college girls at the meeting tonight, but they all book it immediately after the sermon and don't stick around which was a bummer. Kinda jacked up my intro infront of the 20 or so people there by fumbling over my words a bit, so I hope next time I think long before what I say and keep it short. I tried breathing deeply before getting up to speak infront of the group, but I think that put too much anxiety on the situation. Oh well, next time...

VegasGuy56

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks resilient.

Actually, I did use the opinion opener you suggested, just with sunglasses instead of clothes.

Read your FR, nice job. Still wish I was old enough to get into the clubs. lol

Subjective

Don Juan
Reaction score
Went to the mall today to get some extra convos in (had soooo many over spring break at the beach! :)) anyway, talked to a few girls up there. One of them was an 8 working at a jewelry store, the rest were just girls looking around.

Mctwist4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5/10

Talked to a girl at the bookstore who was looking at some books. From behind she looked like an HB9, but when she turned around HB7. I don't have much approach anxiety, but I am very bad at putting myself into situations where I can approach.