DJ Bible - Does It Still Apply?

sports0705

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Back in the day when I was a regular on here, the DJ Bible was the absolute go-to for everyone. In fact, it was still a work in progress back then. Until a few weeks ago, it had been a loooong time since I had signed in to this site - probably about 8 years? Going back to read some of the posts that gave me much success in the past, I start to wonder how much holds up to the test of time.

I have been out of the dating game for so long that I don't know what has changed, if anything, in the way that guys successfully approach women. Do you all feel the Bible still applies?

Of course, much of the bible focuses on self confidence, inner happiness, and all of that good stuff. Clearly, that hasn't and never will change. What I am referring to here is the actual pick-up strategies, dating "rules", lessons learned from field reports, and advice that was praised 10-15 years ago on this forum.

I realize this may best be answered by someone who had been coming around back in the days of Pook, Mr. Fingers, and many others I learned so much from. However, this could also be answered by the guys here who are finding success today and have properly studied the old material. They would know what "old" practice are still working for them.

The big piece that brought this question up is the massive change in technology over those years. Dating sites/apps have become so commonplace, that I almost wonder how successful street pickups are anymore. Very interested to hear thoughts on that.

Follow up: If you feel things HAVE changed and the DJ Bible does not hold up well, can you recommend more recent posts/members that provide more "2017 relevant" material?

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
It's funny, when I read bible posts and they talk about "getting her home. Phone number" and "waiting to call", it shows the age of the DJB.

I find most of the old material holds up, except the change with texting from calling and social media has changed. However, if you keep it old school, communication to a minimum over texting (treating itike you are calling her), I still find success in that. For example, no long text chats with no ending, always having a plan and steering the convo in that direct I. E. setting up a date, is what I stick with.

All the inner game stuff still applies, but it may seem out of date in this new metrosexul culture with feminine males. However, many girls don't want these metrodouches, they want a man, which is what the DJB is all about. Hence why I think every dude should s be studying that material as a starting point.

More recent books can add on to your foundation.

As for members to read, I would say poonking was my favorite, no sugar coating by him. Guru and logical lefty have solid advice as well. Lastly, Brad has an updated "dj mastery" post in the tips section which is only a few years old now, still more modern than the DJB posts.

sports0705

Don Juan
Reaction score
Agree on all points. And thanks for those suggestions. I want to read up a bit on some of this. Feeling a bit out of my zone when I go into the field now. Hard to be as confident when all I can think of is "things have changed" and "this is not familiar". Gonna take some time, of course, but I can already feel myself getting back to where I need to be.

I have been reading Athol Kay's eBooks, and those are great, if anyone is looking for a suggestion.

fastlife

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think Pook is pretty timeless--but The Rational Male is kind of a necessary addendum. We live in the era of open hypergamy--social media & smartphones allows for limitless (hypothetical) hypergamic optimization that just wasn't as visible when Pook was writing--and failure to come to grips will leave you fvcked (or the opposite of fvcked, depending on how literal you wanna be).

Just being a man isn't quite enough anymore. It doesn't matter how high your value is relative to hers, if she just keeps swiping she might find Christian Grey; she posts the right selfie & James Franco is in her DMs; so something like AntiDump's machine is totally outdated, unless you plan on dating postwall women. If you don't fvck a hot 19/20 y/o the night you meet her, GOOD LUCK getting her on a date. Even if the night you met her you were the greatest guy she ever met, a week of abundance & you're done.

Validation & provisioning is cheap & in abundance. Girls don't have to settle for one man anymore. I've found my best strategy is to go total fvckboy--and only reveal my more virtuous qualities after a month or two of hot sex where the girl feels like she's one bad ******* away from losing me forever. I'd say, if you're looking to spin plates in 2017, YaReally's Archive (a longtime poster on TRM) and JulienRSD's videos circa 2013 are the most relevant, cutting edge material that holds up in the field.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
as someone who is reading it for the first time recently, a whole lot of it is rather out of date considering that the posts were written 10+ years ago, so you see stuff about asking for a girl's home phone number, getting her email, calling her on the phone, etc. whereas nowadays you text her on her iphone "netflix n' chill?"

but the general principles and advice are still good, it's the specifics that need updating, compare it to the old testament, the idea that stealing is wrong still exists today, but the idea that you should cut the hand off a thief or crucify them is a little archaic

however for someone who isn't so good at figuring out what still applies in 2017 and what should be left in 2005, it'd be better to just make a forum thread

FitRick

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Back in the day when I was a regular on here, the DJ Bible was the absolute go-to for everyone. In fact, it was still a work in progress back then. Until a few weeks ago, it had been a loooong time since I had signed in to this site - probably about 8 years? Going back to read some of the posts that gave me much success in the past, I start to wonder how much holds up to the test of time.

I have been out of the dating game for so long that I don't know what has changed, if anything, in the way that guys successfully approach women. Do you all feel the Bible still applies?

Of course, much of the bible focuses on self confidence, inner happiness, and all of that good stuff. Clearly, that hasn't and never will change. What I am referring to here is the actual pick-up strategies, dating "rules", lessons learned from field reports, and advice that was praised 10-15 years ago on this forum.

I realize this may best be answered by someone who had been coming around back in the days of Pook, Mr. Fingers, and many others I learned so much from. However, this could also be answered by the guys here who are finding success today and have properly studied the old material. They would know what "old" practice are still working for them.

The big piece that brought this question up is the massive change in technology over those years. Dating sites/apps have become so commonplace, that I almost wonder how successful street pickups are anymore. Very interested to hear thoughts on that.

Follow up: If you feel things HAVE changed and the DJ Bible does not hold up well, can you recommend more recent posts/members that provide more "2017 relevant" material?
Completely unrelated to your post, I'd just thought I'd comment on the fact we have members that joined days ago (myself) and members from 2002. Thats crazy and I think its fvcking sick. Grateful for discovering this now.

Red Legg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IMO, nothing beats Pook's teachings on patience,without patience you lose.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's more like a guide than a bible, IMHO...