Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

DJ Alpha Male PERSONIFIED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayword

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Latinoman said:
You see how things and circunstances can change the character of a man? The most of alpha can become betas and vice-versa.

It is dynamic and dependant of the circunstances.
Exactly. An alpha is a master of his domain.

But, there are many, many domains.

Bill Gates is master of the business domain.
Tiger Woods the links.
Kobe Bryant the hardwood.

Switch them all around though and they will lose alpha status. King of he hill one day, a has-been the next. We are all red queens constantly strggling to keep up with the competition.

This all is very obvious to male logic and gets tedious to explain to others lacking that quality.

And I'm sorry, but I get a strong AFC-vibe from Brad Pitt. Poor fella.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Latinoman said:
He is a man. No Alpha Man would yield to a woman...even if she is dominant...and then continue to be Alpha.

Do you know why?

Because in order to remain alpha...he MUST have the respect of OTHER men. He (and men in general) lose respect from their peers when they allow women to run over them.

That's why RESPECT is so important. That's why I preach the RESPECT issue.
Angelina doesn't run over Brad. They are actually a good fit. And I don't see where he has lost any respect from men...you guys on here idolize the guy more than any women do. Personally, I don't think he's all that and I don't even find him to be as attractive as a lot of people seem to...but I don't like blonde haired and blue eyed men anyhow.

Two alphas together are still both alphas...one just usually has a stronger presence, and Angelina Jolie has a stronger presence than Brad Pitt, that's the bottom line. That just makes her a stronger woman...and it doesn't make him a weaker man.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Latinoman said:
That's why being alpha is a DYNAMIC thing.

Sorry that I am using your ex-fiance as an example...but let's put him in the middle of an operating room in the middle of the street...where his child's life depends of an open heart surgery done IMMEDIATELY. You can rest assure, that unless he has some kind of medical training...he will become NON-alpha and the alpha person would be either the paramedics or a doctor. Especially, when his child is about to die.

You see how things and circunstances can change the character of a man? The most of alpha can become betas and vice-versa.

It is dynamic and dependant of the circunstances.
I don't mind you using Pete as an example...it's people insulting him I take issue with. As long as that can be done minus the insults, feel free to use him as an example.

Pete wouldn't cease to be an alpha in an emergency. Being alpha is not about TRYING to control a situation. It's not a mutable thing. I can give two examples of Pete's interactions with doctors. The first was when his oldest son was born. While the doctor was delivering his child the mother couldn't see in the mirror which allowed her to see the birth. He reached up and adjusted the mirror without asking first. He bench pressed over 500lbs and was a very big man. He accidentally ripped the mirror off the ceiling. He rested it on the doctor's head (again without permission) so his son's Mom could see the birth. The doctor went about delivering his son without saying a word. The other instance Pete had to have surgery. They went to prep him and tried to shave him. He wasn't having any of that. Several doctors tried to get him to agree to being shaved but he wouldn't have it. They did the surgery hair and all, lol. He was a very gentle, kind and loving man...but he just commanded respect and people gave it to him in all situations. Sure, he would let the doctor do the job, and the doctor would work very hard to save his child's life and there would be no posturing.

The best way to determine who is or isn't an alpha is to strip away everything but the absolute basics and imagine the person on a deserted island. Would they need others to survive? Would people follow them or would they be a follower?

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that one of the reasons that this thread is all over the place is because what or who The Alpha Male is has not been defined.

According to Wiki this is the Alpha Male:
"In social animals, the alpha male...is the individual in the community whom the others follow and defer to."

That is not to say that this definition fits the way we use it in the DJ world. The Alpha in the DJ world is more personified by the James Bond character. He is Suave, intelligent, charismatic, manly....ect.

Are men of power Alpha Males? Are famous actors Alphas? Not as far as the DJ definition takes them. In other words if Bill Gates delivered pizza for a living would you still consider him to be an Alpha?

Hope this helps.

wayword

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
Pete wouldn't cease to be an alpha in an emergency. Being alpha is not about TRYING to control a situation. It's not a mutable thing. I can give two examples of Pete's interactions with doctors. The first was when his oldest son was born. While the doctor was delivering his child the mother couldn't see in the mirror which allowed her to see the birth. He reached up and adjusted the mirror without asking first. He bench pressed over 500lbs and was a very big man. He accidentally ripped the mirror off the ceiling. He rested it on the doctor's head (again without permission) so his son's Mom could see the birth. The doctor went about delivering his son without saying a word. The other instance Pete had to have surgery. They went to prep him and tried to shave him. He wasn't having any of that. Several doctors tried to get him to agree to being shaved but he wouldn't have it. They did the surgery hair and all, lol. He was a very gentle, kind and loving man...but he just commanded respect and people gave it to him in all situations. Sure, he would let the doctor do the job, and the doctor would work very hard to save his child's life and there would be no posturing.
That's actually a low level of caveman alphaness. Using brute physical force to intimidate people 1-on-1. Which is probably why he was an ex-con...

So he can clumsily break a mirror off a ceiling. Or refuse to be shaved like a stubborn little kid. In the real world, what do those really amount to? Oh, yea, I guess he "showed up" those high-falutin' HMO doctors just clocking in who could actually care less about such trifling shyt? :rolleyes:

And it's also something that can be quickly neutralized by a wimp with a gun or a gang.

Now, can he build a multi-billion dollar business from scratch, beat all his cutthroat competition and get thousands of people begging to work for him? I'm not belittling his take-charge attitude...but if that's all he got - it's really not that impressive. Well, maybe to impressionable women, it is.

But on a macro level, it's not. Micro - yes - and that does count for a lot in life. But that's only part of the pie. And people who stop there, don't get much further in life than that and usually end up with records.

Again, life ain't just a magic trick...you put a rabbit in a hat, that's eventually what you pull back out...

I think you also grossly underestimate Gates as "just a nerd," too. Nerds can be alpha, too. Fact is, he is a brilliant businessman who plays HARDBALL. It's no coincidence that MS took dominance. It was no magic trick. It was cool, calculated effort by design.

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo Troops...

Here are Victory Unilimited's comments on the whole "Alpha Male" concept. This is actually a REPOST of something I wrote on another message board, AND ALSO, from another Sosuave thread----but I think it applies HERE as well.

Enjoy:

Alpha Male? Hey, I LOVE a good analogy or metaphor. They often help explain things better by the word-pictures they paint in the mind of the student needing to grasp the spirit behind a concept or a "way of thinking".

But on this site, and in this community, Alpha Male is mostly a term that has been taken too far. SOME calling themselves "Alpha Males," I see, do so as just a feeble attempt to either bolster their fragile self-esteem, or to justify QUESTIONABLE behaviors in light of certain negativities that result from the outcomes.

Look around you HERE:

They're usually the ones who do the most bragging and "attempt" to do the most internet BULLYING (IS such a thing even POSSIBLE??? LOL).

They are always "right", and will never admit to any incorrectness due to the perceived weakness they assume it exemplifies----even on an anonymous forum like this one.

And they are the ones whose personal life/relationship choices are INCONSISTENT with the intellectual dogma and hedonism worship that they espouse HERE in their written views.

Why do they do this? The reasons are MANY. But ONE of them is due to their hormone influenced, competition-crazed, and ultimately TRIVIAL pursuit of an artificial Alpha Male mentality----which they interpret as a necessity to APPEAR infallible to others, and to proudly display a TOTAL lack of empathy.

Every MATURE man knows that confidence is often SITUATION specific. No one is "the SHYT" in all situations or at all times. So as "Alpha" as some of these guys on here try to ACT, if an EXPLOSIVE-enough woman, crisis, or situation is "lobbed" over into their lives----the IMPACT would cause most of them to fall like a House of Cards.

Or even WORSE---they'd probably just "go out" like a bad fukkin' knee...like the "Poser" Bytch-Ass Punks that they REALLY are.

March on.

blueguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with the posts stating that context determines Alpha and beta. I think in general terms we usually think of the social context. But there are many other contexts (sports, business, etc.) too which can influence the social context.

I don't agree that there is no such thing as Alpha and beta. That is absurd. It is part of the greek alphabet, Alpha (A) being ahead of beta (b).

Victory Unlimited said:
They're usually the ones who do the most bragging and "attempt" to do the most internet BULLYING (IS such a thing even POSSIBLE??? LOL).

They are always "right", and will never admit to any incorrectness due to the perceived weakness they assume it exemplifies----even on an anonymous forum like this one.
I don't agree. Those who have power in the social context do not bully or never admit fault. Those actions actually take away respect and thus power. Alphas in the social context would be those who have mastered skills such as those found in How to Win Friends and Influence People, 48 Laws of Power, etc. I've run across people like this and they generally strike me as beta since they have not mastered skills I've seen in others.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
wayword...he is dead. That's why I get quite crotchety when anyone insults him. He died during a home invasion while disarming the first armed man. He had that guy pinned and a second man came in and shot him in the back multiple times with an assault rifle with armor piercing bullets. He saved 6 other men from being killed that day, and he died a hero. Stop insulting him.

Now about your post...he didn't use brute physical force. He didn't rip the mirror out of the ceiling on purpose...he just didn't know his own strength. He was as big as he was because he was very health conscious and he genuinely loved to lift. He did it for himself, not to impress or intimidate anyone. He was a very kind and gentle man...not a "brute".

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
The best way to determine who is or isn't an alpha is to strip away everything but the absolute basics and imagine the person on a deserted island. Would they need others to survive? Would people follow them or would they be a follower?
And the only problem with your theory is....... EVERYTHING.

Who lives on a deserted island? Nobody I know.

I'm pretty damn sure that if I were stranded on a deserted island I would fare better than most people. That would make me an alpha male IN THAT CONTEXT.

When I am filming one of my television shows I walk around calling the shots. In that CONTEXT I am the alpha male.

Afterwards I might join some friends out for a drink. Depending upon who they are, I may or may not be the alpha male in the group.

When chicks find out who I am and what I do I am automatically placed into a category that is separate from other men. That usually makes me an alpha male. When we go out I might not be as socially adept as some of the people who I am with, and that has the potential to place me in the beta category. There is no "one size fits all" when it comes to establishing rank.

You made reference to wealth not being a factor in someone's "alpha status". Wrong, wrong, WRONG.

Bill Gates is most DEFINITELY an alpha male when he is in his element. Subordinates know their place in the hierarchy, and they defer to his authority.

You have this cave man mentality when it comes to determining alpha status, but the problem is, we no longer live in caves. In todays world we use computers and cars and palm pilots and whatnot. This means that you don't have to be the strongest person swinging the club to be top dog. You can get there by any number of other means.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
If you have to use the term so and so is an alpha "when" then they aren't an alpha. They are either always an alpha or they are not.

The deserted island example was used as a way to illustrate that whoever would be the one who ran the show when all the money, politics, material possessions and anything else other than presence of character and personality is the alpha male OR female. They wouldn't necessarily be the strongest person...but they would not only be able to survive but others would look to them first and follow what they were doing to help themselves survive. That is what being alpha means.

Bill Gates is NOT an alpha...he's smart, but again...if you took away his money and stuck him on an island even with me, I would be leading his arse. He'd be playing with his Palm Pilot while I was building a fire to cook the fish I caught to eat in the shelter I built. He'd be begging me for food, warmth and shelter. I'd say sorry Bill, I prefer Macintosh...

Mandiblard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bill Gates is NOT an alpha...he's smart, but again...if you took away his money and stuck him on an island even with me, I would be leading his arse.
Contradiction! Then he wouldn't be smart!

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Mandiblard said:
Contradiction! Then he wouldn't be smart!
He's computer geek smart...but that wouldn't help him on a deserted island. I know how to build shelter, hunt, fish, start fires, track animals, trap, skin and dress animals, etc. I grew up in rural Maine. Heck, I can even build boats. I would OWN Bill Gates on Survivor, lol. (I'm overtired and being a bit of a dork, but I really would own his arse on a desert island as I can do all of those things)

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Falcon said:
You mentioned that you can't learn to be an 'alpha'. All the things you mention can be learned.

In my opinion, it wouldn't be wise to underestimate Bill Gates like that. We really don't know much about his personal life. He could be the ultra-competitive type so I would think twice about easily owning him in competition.
I mentioned in my post I was overtired...I was being a dork, as I said.

You guys tend to equate money with alphaness because you give an overblown sense of importance to wealth. That gives someone financial influence and power but it doesn't make them alpha...it just makes them rich. It's extremely easy for me to see because wealth and money doesn't impress me. Too many of you are operating on the belief that if you are rich all your problems are solved. Money doesn't solve all your problems though...it just lets you pay all your bills and buy a lot of crap you don't need...and it doesn't buy alphaness.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Espi said:
There are no ugly millionaires, dear. :)

Take a look around...the mansions, yachts, and country clubs of this world are filled with mostly bulbous men and beautiful bimboesque women. Typically, the women who are sporting huge augmented silicone racks are invariably sporting huge rings. It's just a fact of life, WF. Women fvuck men who make money...so money does buy alphaness.

You don't understand how empowering it is for a man to be seen with a HB.
I nexted a multi-millionaire a few years back. Actually...I wouldn't even date him. He was about 10 years younger than me (old money) and he was drop dead gorgeous and a very nice man. By any standards he was a great catch and I really did like him as a person...but for it to go anywhere I would have had to move to the UK and I never would have done that.

Bill Gates and Donald Trump are BOTH butt freaking ugly. I don't care how much money they have...I wouldn't ever date either one of them. I'm very shallow about looks...and don't care at all about money.

wayword

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
wayword...he is dead. That's why I get quite crotchety when anyone insults him. He died during a home invasion while disarming the first armed man. He had that guy pinned and a second man came in and shot him in the back multiple times with an assault rifle with armor piercing bullets. He saved 6 other men from being killed that day, and he died a hero. Stop insulting him.
Like I said, alpha status is fluid and contextual.

He was not alpha that day, obviously. And to think otherwise is a fatal mistake. Technology is the great equalizer and even Bruce Lee said he was pretty worthless against a gun. I'm not going to go into self-defense tactics here, but preparation and a realistic assessment are key.

And Bill Gates was alpha before he got rich. How do you think he got so f'n rich? Because he was already so alpha. Obviously, you have ZERO business background. If you did, you'd know his rep for hardball, alpha domination in the industry. He's not alpha cuz he's rich, he's rich cuz he's ALPHA.

You keep trying to bring everything back to a caveman context. Yes, that is one context, but ONLY ONE. Again, there are many contexts because our environment is constantly changing. On a deserted island, a bear would be more alpha than any man. Given spears, men would become alpha. Given guns, the shooters over the spear chunkers. Given computers in a digital age, the smart men would become alpha over the dumb ones. That is the theory of the red queen who must keep adapting to a changing environment just to stay in place.

Anyhow, you have obviously chosen the "alpha stud" mating strategy in life. Pick a burly specimen to breed "studly" young with - although the drawback is that these specimens are typically poor mates, providers & fathers. Which means you will be left to raise them alone with support from your family & often government. Also, your relationship won't last and you will die alone. So again, it's no magic trick or coincidence where you are in life now - but perfectly predictable. Not that I'm saying you have a problem with it, as it was a conscious trade-off.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's the psychology around a chick having almost 8K posts on a men's forum?

Azanon

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
azanon said:

Azanon
I have a lot to say and type very fast...

wayword

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
azanon said:

Azanon
She has zero control over the men in her own life (stud sperm donors & sons) and so tries to control the young men on here, instead.

People who offer unsolicited advice the most, often need it the most themselves...again, to give themselves a false sense of control over their own problems.

And the 8000 post addictive aspect is due to the fact that she is unloved (romantically) and thus dopamine-deprived. This site gives her young male attention, which is the closest she can get.

grinder

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wayword said:
She has zero control over the men in her own life (stud sperm donors & sons) and so tries to control the young men on here, instead.

People who offer unsolicited advice the most, often need it the most themselves...again, to give themselves a false sense of control over their own problems.

And the 8000 post addictive aspect is due to the fact that she is unloved (romantically) and thus dopamine-deprived. This site gives her young male attention, which is the closest she can get.
Haha: everybody knows the chicks get paid 30K a year by Allen to post here. Right WF?

The most users ever online was the night Oblivious and Latinoman got in a fight on 11-15-06 (uhm, Oblivious is the girl).

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
grinder said:
Haha: everybody knows the chicks get paid 30K a year by Allen to post here. Right WF?

The most users ever online was the night Oblivious and Latinoman got in a fight on 11-15-06 (uhm, Oblivious is the girl).
Oh yeah...but I get 60k because I'm an alpha female...

Status
Not open for further replies.