Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dissolving My Marriage

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nobody owes anyone, anything bro. The same way she can divorce him to get with another guy even if he was an excellent man, he can do the same, your shaming tactic is very low and quite disappointing for a guy who fills his mouth in how great his life is after divorce.

This forum is to help guys, not women, women have their own spaces everywhere. You're shaming him without even knowing his situation, and being a beta white knight for a woman who you don't even know. If staying married is not what he wants, then give him advice on how to successful, not shaming him into staying married wtf.
Pierce knows my situation pretty well actually. But I did feel some minor shaming tactics here, tbh. I can't say I didn't expect it, he has expressed his opinion on my situation more than once, and I have expressly asked for his opinions as well.

I posted this thread because I need to hear opinions that aren't my own. I need to challenge what I have inside my own head to see if it holds up. I'm pretty good at it, but I'm only one person.

The criticisms are welcome.

DreamAgain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My interpretation is that you are doomed and it is best to salvage this situation and just divorce and break up. Pre-emptive strikes don't work in marriage, if you didnt believe in the "till death do us part" bit, and neither did your wife, you shouldnt have proceeded in the first place.

Millard Fillmore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really don't understand your plan, OP. You are imagining the absolute worst case scenario and trying to mitigate against it with a scenario that's still pretty terrible. Why is it your ideal outcome to stay church-married while denying her resources? I'm not judging - just don't get the logic. And yes if she agrees it will be knowing that now anything goes.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP I think you need to layoff the red pill stuff for a while. What you are proposing is insane and delusional.
Imagine having the marriage most guys would want just to have RP Idelogy kill it. I recall OP wanted to spin plates in another thread or I could be mistaken but clearly, OP has been wanting to exit for a while. OP will play the field and slay but OP will soon realize that the grass isn't always greener on the other side

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Imagine having the marriage most guys would want just to have RP Idelogy kill it. I recall OP wanted to spin plates in another thread or I could be mistaken but clearly, OP has been wanting to exit for a while. OP will play the field and slay but OP will soon realize that the grass isn't always greener on the other side
Even just mentioning this idea will doom his marriage. Wife will get a lawyer and plot her escape. She might already be doing that.

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, i am not going to tell you i told you so….

My money is still on cracking down on her instead of “playing nice and trying to work/talk things out”.

In my experience, combative/argumentative women do not appreciate if you try to accommodate them. They will see your attempts to rescue the relationship as weakness or proof that they were right all along, double down on their demands and lose even more respect.

I understand that you are running out of time. Paying 50% of whatever you make a lifetime for an ex is unacceptable.

I also understand that you are out of options now. Even if you tried to play hardball with her and it works out for now, that doesn’t mean it will work over the rest of your life. She could just be biding her time and you have no idea how her behavior will change after she reached the critical 10 year mark. In my experience a combative woman will pull everything she can get away with to get things her way.

I think you are at a point at which you can only trust her to do what she thinks is best for her. You need to do whats right for you and what protects your financial security in the second half of your life.

Make no mistake, you are not going to change your wife. She will not change, she might become compliant out of fear to lose what she has but she will still be the same woman that will **** test you for weakness.

I´d set your plan in motion. Tell her you love her but you can’t go on like that due to her fighting you over every little shiat and therefore disrespecting you as a husband and decisionmaker, “you clearly do not trust me to lead this marriage and this is why i lost trust in our marriage” or something like that. Tell her you would be more then happy to keep her in your life and see where it goes.

You will win both ways. If she loves you she will come around, arrange herself with the new situation and cling onto that relationship. If she doesn’t love you, she is just here for the financial benefits and needs to walk anyway.

The hardest part would be not seeing your kid every day or even most days. That said, you cant let her know how hard it would hit you or she will even use the kid as leverage to get what she wants.

Forget all the guys telling you to “man up” and “take responsibility”. Neither of them is going to put a bullet through their own head if you get divorce rayped after 10 years and end up broke for life. Half of them most likely have not even been married or in a relationship for more than a couple of years. If your trust in your wife or in marriage is lost, there might be a valid reason for that.

Trust your guts, do whats best for you, women do it all the time.

The road to damnation is plastered with the big hearts of men that tried to “do the right thing” and work things out at the cost
of everything and their souls.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You pull the financial rug out from under a woman you have been married to for several years that is a stay at home mom and you will decimate every bit of security she has about the relationship. Its like saying, hey I don't really trust you and want to protect myself incase you decide to screw me later down the road.

You think you have problems now, you will fuel the fire. Don't ever fuel the flames of discontent with a woman. When they feel hurt, they don't fight fair. They shut off what little rational logic they have and will become ruthless.

Divorce or stay in it and make it work. Either way it takes balls. Where are yours?

If your wife was here, what would her side of the story be?

Last edited:

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think your making the right move for yourself, in that there isn't much for you in the dating marketplace in comparison to what you currently have.

However, women have big ego, for your wife to say to all her friends, "Yeah I'm not my husbands wife anymore, I'm his girlfriend now" she's either justifying this by severely damaging your brand in their eyes or she's just taking it on the chin which isn't a good look for her... Really, her friends are gonna decide how she takes this and I highly doubt it's gonna end well unless they themselves are benefitting from her being in this new situation which isn't unheard of either.

I think women follow a very straight forward pack mentality and this just seems so off the beaten path it's a bit difficult to interface with intellectually.

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You pull the financial rug out from under a woman you have been married to for several years that is a stay at home mom and you will decimate every bit of security she has about the relationship. Its like saying, hey I don't really trust you and want to protect myself incase you decide to screw me later down the road.
yes, that is the situation. let's not sugar coat it. she may have security now, but obviously the man doesn't. it's not fair. time for him to have some security also.

You think you have problems now, you will fuel the fire. Don't ever fuel the flames of discontent with a woman. When they feel hurt, they don't fight fair. They shut off what little rational logic they have and will become ruthless.
women are emotional... better to do a "control burn" now then wait for her to become ruthless because of "reasons".

she would say like the majority of women who ultimately divorce their men, "I wouldn't divorce you in the future.. I love you.. we might be having a rough patch, but why divorce? baby, come on.. don't do this." or something like this.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even just mentioning this idea will doom his marriage. Wife will get a lawyer and plot her escape. She might already be doing that.
I have 8 years of marriage that ranges from [bad] to [okay] with brief moments of [good/great].

Why I would want that for the rest of my life is beyond me.
Why I would put half of my income at risk indefinitely - for an [okay] marriage, is also beyond me.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This has been nearly every argument over the last 8 years anyways. I have no reason to believe she will change that now.
Divorce or stay in it and make it work. Either way it takes balls. Where are yours?
Reading the room and seeing that it's not the kind of room I want to live in for the rest of my life. Also feeling that I'm not interested in paying the room half of my income indefinitely, just because the room decided it's not happy.

I was a fvck for most of my marriage. It's my fault that I'm so close to the cutoff, and I should have been fixing these things sooner. I also should have known who I married. Had I known the answers sooner, things would have been different. I own a lot of the blame in this, but it took me so long to get my head on straight that I ran us out of time.

Wife has claimed she wouldn't want my money if we divorced. I guess now we'll see if she meant it.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have 8 years of marriage that ranges from [bad] to [okay] with brief moments of [good/great].

Why I would want that for the rest of my life is beyond me.
Why I would put half of my income at risk indefinitely - for an [okay] marriage, is also beyond me.
It is not your income. Once married, every dollar you make is household income. Did you not know that? If this is your mentality, why did you get married to begin with?

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is not your income. Once married, every dollar you make is household income. Did you not know that? If this is your mentality, why did you get married to begin with?
When I got married, she could take half my income and I'd barely notice. I was making 15k per year.

I increased that by 10x and now there's motive that wasn't there before.

I've also said multiple times that I married my first lay, and my lack of understanding/options/boundaries is the root cause of most of my marital problems. I'm hindsight, idk if I'd still marry her. I want to believe she can live up to my expectations, but I haven't seen it yet.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I got married, she could take half my income and I'd barely notice. I was making 15k per year.

I increased that by 10x and now there's motive that wasn't there before.
It doesn’t work that way. When you get married, the money is no longer for you only. You are going to get destroyed in divorce court my friend.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesn’t work that way. When you get married, the money is no longer for you only. You are going to get destroyed in divorce court my friend.
And if I divorce now, I'm only screwed for 4 years, versus 40.

Or maybe she doesn't actually want my money, like she claims... but I can't take the risk.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And if I divorce now, I'm only screwed for 4 years, versus 40.

Or maybe she doesn't actually want my money, like she claims... but I can't take the risk.
If that is what you want to do, go for it. It is good to not waste time. If you no longer want the marriage, release yourself and your wife.

Consider that the court, your daughter, and outsiders will not look at you fondly for this. Essentially, you are saying you too good for family because you had a come up.

-You have to be able to explain to the court, and future serious LTR prospects that you ended this marriage because you grew into more money and more ego, and that your ex wife had nothing to do with this ascension and deserves none of it.

-You have to explain to your daughter and live with the ramifications for the rest of your life why you walked out on her.

-You have to truly believe what’s out there on the sexual market is better for your future. “Quality” women will not view you favorably for abandoning your first marriage. Causal relationships likely won’t care, but those will eventually get old. Keep in mind that 99% of single women out there are trash. The good ones are taken. That’s what you want?

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hindsight, idk if I'd still marry her. I want to believe she can live up to my expectations, but I haven't seen it yet.
while I do believe you should "technical" divorce her. however, if I was in your shoes after the divorce I would try to make it work out as "partners". you did commit to her.. you did say your vows to her..

It's really hard for people to "live up" to expectations. the grass is usually never greener on the other side. divorcing her is just a way for you to have control of the situation - it shouldn't be used as a way to break your vows. most women are extremely emotional. if see doesn't "come arround" after a year or so and "forgive" you for the divorce, then yeah, time to find someone else.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If that is what you want to do, go for it. It is good to not waste time. If you no longer want the marriage, release yourself and your wife.

Consider that the court, your daughter, and outsiders will not look at you fondly for this. Essentially, you are saying you too good for family because you had a come up.

-You have to be able to explain to the court, and future serious LTR prospects that you ended this marriage because you grew into more money and more ego, and that your ex wife had nothing to do with this ascension and deserves none of it.

-You have to explain to your daughter and live with the ramifications for the rest of your life why you walked out on her.

-You have to truly believe what’s out there on the sexual market is better for your future. “Quality” women will not view you favorably for abandoning your first marriage. Causal relationships likely won’t care, but those will eventually get old. Keep in mind that 99% of single women out there are trash. The good ones are taken. That’s what you want?
What's with all the shaming tactics dude? It's like you assume my wife is an overall good woman who has done no wrong. She will pick a fight over anything and keep it going for literal days. Idk anyone who would want to put up with that, nevermind risk losing half their income indefinitely for That.

What I'm getting out of my marriage isn't enough to take the risks I'm forced to take. If the state wasn't involved, I wouldn't even want a divorce, but I have to protect myself.

If she wants to leave, that's up to her. I don't want to leave, I only want financial protection.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
while I do believe you should "technical" divorce her. however, if I was in your shoes after the divorce I would try to make it work out as "partners". you did commit to her.. you did say your vows to her..
This is 100% my plan.