"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

Dissecting the three dating apps

Joined
Mar 9, 2021
Messages
3,442
Reaction score
2,751
Age
31
I see a lot of topics about which online dating app to pick and given my experience on them, I'll just summarize them in this topic. FIRST, apps you need to have good pics and be in shape. No pickup line or bio is going to set you apart, her being attracted to you will. I'm 12% bf, 6ft, and have a decent job so I don't have issues getting dates or matches.

Tinder- This is good for the younger crowd- 18-24 and the easiest to get hookup sex from. The major is con is that you do have to pay to get matches and you have to time it right. Again, since it's mostly for hookups you will meet some really odd and insecure women on this app.

Bumble- Bumble is full of sorority college girls and post college yuppy women. I feel like the girls on here are looking for some Luke Bryan or Jake Gyllenhaal dude to sweep them off their boring ass Nashville sunday brunch feet. I have the least luck on this app out of the three. Race and occupation matter more than looks and money here. If you are a post frat white dude in a white collar profession than this is the app for you. If not then I wouldn't even bother with this app at all.

Hinge- Basically Hinge is full of ex bumble girls that failed at finding a Luke Bryan and the hook-up relationship with Chad from college fizzled out. Instead of seeing only brunch and wine **** in pictures, you will start seeing more travel, cooking, and dog pics. She ONLY dated corporate white guys on bumble, but you are a decent black guy in medical school/decent job now you might be able to slide in. A woman on hinge is extremely vulnerable and will be more likely to go on dates and message you buttttttt always know that a wounded bear or lion is can be at its most dangerous state. Do not let your guard down easily with a woman from hinge, vouch this girl for a year at minimum before giving her your commitment.


OVERALL... I would recommend Tinder because it cuts through the bull **** the fastest. Yes, Hinge gets you dates and responses, but it will literally drain you the most.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,860
Reaction score
19,086
I have done great with both Bumble and Hinge...had a FNL with a Hinge woman yesterday night actually.

Haven't ever used Tinder.
 

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 25, 2021
Messages
1,377
Reaction score
1,576
Age
32
had a FNL with a Hinge woman yesterday night actually.
Read your report just now (congrats btw) Mid 30s Pink lookalike chick. Think the demographic Jake had in mind when posting was the 18-24 year old 8+ one. Who he says its Chad or bust with.
 

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,860
Reaction score
19,086
Read your report just now (congrats btw) Mid 30s Pink lookalike chick. Think the demographic Jake had in mind when posting was the 18-24 year old 8+ one. Who he says its Chad or bust with.
Maybe it is with that demographic...I do really well on OLD and I am definitely not Chad. I look OK, have a solid muscular frame although I am a little heavier than in my prime but not fat, and rely on personality, humor and escalation in person. It works for me, not with every women but with enough that I haven't had more than a few week dry spell in a long long time...maybe three years or more.
 
Joined
Mar 9, 2021
Messages
3,442
Reaction score
2,751
Age
31
Maybe it is with that demographic...I do really well on OLD and I am definitely not Chad. I look OK, have a solid muscular frame although I am a little heavier than in my prime but not fat, and rely on personality, humor and escalation in person. It works for me, not with every women but with enough that I haven't had more than a few week dry spell in a long long time...maybe three years or more.
with the amount of options women have on OLD, you have to look great as a minimum requirement
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 25, 2021
Messages
1,377
Reaction score
1,576
Age
32
with the amount of options women have on OLD, you have to look great as a minimum requirement
ya that's obvi to everyone by now. I don't do online dating, but i found it interesting how you say what you do for a living really matters for these things whereas in real life its irrelevant as long as you look good and aren't a sperg.
 

andreihaha

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 24, 2019
Messages
866
Reaction score
830
Age
33
Depends on location.
In my country (Romania) had succes on both Bumble on Tinder, being maybe in the first 15% by looks as a guy.

On Bumble I've had quicker matches with nicer girls.

On Tinder:seems to be harder to match at first, but the volume is hugh, there are plenty more options but usually girls who've been on plenty of dates before. Can be a con, but you can surely take advantage of it. Depends on how you look at things.

Just wanted to throw my own experience, not sure how much it helps Americans, but I'm guessing the algorithm is the same, and only demographics differ.
 

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,860
Reaction score
19,086
with the amount of options women have on OLD, you have to look great as a minimum requirement
Nah, this is just not true. At least not for mid 30s to mid 40s women. You have to look good enough but once you pass that test it comes down to other things. Telling interesting stories seems to really get them invested during the first date. I have had several tell me they loved the stories I told them and found me to be very interesting unlike a lot of the other guys who were boring.

Excite their mind and their body will follow many times...
 
Joined
Mar 9, 2021
Messages
3,442
Reaction score
2,751
Age
31
Nah, this is just not true. At least not for mid 30s to mid 40s women. You have to look good enough but once you pass that test it comes down to other things. Telling interesting stories seems to really get them invested during the first date. I have had several tell me they loved the stories I told them and found me to be very interesting unlike a lot of the other guys who were boring.

Excite their mind and their body will follow many times...
I'm 27 lol so we are different ha
 

andreihaha

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 24, 2019
Messages
866
Reaction score
830
Age
33
Nah, this is just not true. At least not for mid 30s to mid 40s women. You have to look good enough but once you pass that test it comes down to other things. Telling interesting stories seems to really get them invested during the first date. I have had several tell me they loved the stories I told them and found me to be very interesting unlike a lot of the other guys who were boring.

Excite their mind and their body will follow many times...
True, yet women in their late 30s are also looking for security. Not all of them, but probably the majority.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 25, 2021
Messages
1,377
Reaction score
1,576
Age
32

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2018
Messages
1,827
Reaction score
1,459
Age
34
Stopped reading at 6 ft and 12% bf
You could literally say hello and have her in bed...
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

coyote_astro

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 1, 2020
Messages
224
Reaction score
135
Age
35
Lately I've found Tinder to be full of trash. It used to be much better when I first joined in 2014, but back then I did not know how to play the 'game' there. I think others have made similar observations about it in this forum. Keep in mind that I'm a little older than you, so that might be an issue. I still swipe and get matches on it, just not very satisfied overall.
If it works for you, keep at it of course.
 

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 25, 2021
Messages
1,377
Reaction score
1,576
Age
32
Strongly advise caution
Chase Amante made a similar post talking about how girl's preferences in men change as they age over at GC (talking about younger girls prefer bad boys and older girls prefer ambitious, established guys) but he doesnt touch on the impact of looks as they age.

Why instead of linking his, I linked Rollo's despite not liking much of his content cuz I agree.

Last nite


both 18 (find its easier to find them out in the streets VS club game) and neither asked what i do for a living (why i say IRL it doesn't matter), thought i was 18 myself (looks. (i don't look old, dress young, behave young, am 6ft tall (6' 1" with boots) + humor/relatability/sex talking (all fall under the umbrella of "game") + leading w/ plausible deniability .
 
Top