Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dislike the Band Greenday?

iHatePants

Don Juan
Reaction score
They sold themselves out!

I porbably dislike them for other reasons than yours.

Remember when they used to just rock about about stupid **** in their album "Dookie"? They kicked ass back then. But now they've gone all political and **** only because they know thats what the kids want to hear these days.

Plus thier new emo look really sucks.

Cbaoth

Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to like them back in the day (Dookie). But all this anti-capitalist/american rubbish pisses me off, can't stand any of there later stuff.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They're not bashing America, they're bashing the ignorant people who can't think for themselves and put too much value on materialism. Not once do they bash the government or corporations.

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shiftkey
They're not bashing America, they're bashing the ignorant people who can't think for themselves and put too much value on materialism. Not once do they bash the government or corporations.
Exactly.

I actually realy like Greenday. They have always put out albums that were true to themselves and they never comprimised.

American Idiot is a concept album about ignorant american sheep.

If there's one thing that really pisses me off (being a proffessional musician and songwriter, myself) is the people who cry "sell out!" the second an artist releases an album that does very well, commercially.

To me, that is just plain idiotic. What are they supposed to do, turn down the money and give the cds away for free?

fvcktards.:rolleyes:

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Bad Ass Canadian
What are they supposed to do, turn down the money and give the cds away for free?
Well, they ARE anti-capitalist, so they should give 100% of their earnings to African kids or something.

I don't think they have any opinions anyway. Like Paris Hilton, a celebrity with a political opinion (usually geared towards the angsty teen market) is considered hip.

Alicorn

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cbaoth
I used to like them back in the day (Dookie). But all this anti-capitalist/american rubbish pisses me off, can't stand any of there later stuff.
I love bands that sing about how they hate capitalism while they get rich off of the capitalistic system!

:cheer:

superman2k6

Don Juan
Reaction score
i respect them as artists and think they may have talent but i don't listen to rock

i do hate that everytime i turn on the radio here or to channel [v] it seems there's ALWAYS a greenday song playing

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zieg heil to the president gasman,
Bombs away is your punishment.
Pulverize the Eiffel towers,
Who criticize your government.
Lyrics from the song Holiday by Greenday

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dookie was the first CD I ever got. I still have it. I do agree though... new Green Day is just trash. How exactly can you be "punk" and win some awards at the same time? It doesn't compute for me.

Morphiex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i hate when people say sh\it like they sold out .....
green day didnt sell out , they moved on from being a pubesent teenage group with nothing else then sex drugs and music on theyr minds to becoming men who care about theyr world and family.... and i like the new album , and i dont give a sh\it if you do or dont cuz it dont affect me in anyway....
peace

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They're ugly mofos. And proud ugly. The fat drums dude especially. I can stand the other two. But I see the other one and I simply can't listen to the music again.

With his mouth open, eyes about to pop out, tongue sticking out... uck!

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
Lyrics from the song Holiday by Greenday
The government didn't bomb Iraq to punish Saddam, the idiotic Americans only saw it that way. The government didn't talk bad about France, the idiotic Americans did. Your quote only supports my point.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The government didn't bomb Iraq to punish Saddam, the idiotic Americans only saw it that way. The government didn't talk bad about France, the idiotic Americans did. Your quote only supports my point.
Just out of curiosity, would you mind actually translating those lyrics into what you believe they mean?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i like green day however i never liked the band called green jelly.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just did, didn't I? I don't understand your question.
No, just gave your opinion on the politial stance. I asked you to translate the lyrics, line by line if you don't mind.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Greenday are just like the kids in school noone liked. The kids that got beat up by the popular kids.

As a guitarist though, it is really sad someone with such poor skills as the Greenday guitarists make alot of money, while great artists like Satriani and Steve Vai struggle.

I mean you hear Greenday and you can tell after all those years they still can't play to save their live. I could teach a 12 year old to play a greenday song in the first hour they learned to play guitar.