Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Disgustipated log

disgustipated

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On last week of a modified 5 x 5 strength cycle. Plan is, after its complete to go to a lower weight higher rep cycle to reap the benefits of the increased strength....more reps at a higher weight than before. Then back to strength program, repeat.

Tuesday

Bb back squats @ 155 4x 5
Standing military Bb press @ 85 4 x 5

Pullups @ bodyweight plus 25 3 x 8 , one burnout just at bw, 32 reps new high
Romanian deads @ 75 3 x 8

Some of my back and leg exercises are purposely extremely low on purpose. Trying to strengthen my lower back in the meantime and sticking to strict strict form on deads, squats, rows. Plan to stay at a given weight for a lengthy time until I'm satisfied all muscles have adapted and form is good. Then add a bit.

Also, want to run a 5k early April and do fairly well. Cardio will pick up.

Mid term goals bench 300...at 275 now.
40 pullups consecutive @ bw.
70 pushups consecutive
Sub 22 5k
300 squat with strict strict form.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good stuff. Train hard and you'll reach those goals in no time. :up:

disgustipated

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks filthy. I know it looks pretty ridiculous in terms of poundage but I want to progress slowly and correctly this time. My body is showing the effects of consistent, good sound training. I love it.

Today I drug myself in, sick.

Bb front squats @ 70 4 x 5
Bb row @ 85 4 x 5

Bb bench tried warming up with 205 and no spotter...felt iffy and got 6 reps...tried one more set and got 2 reps wtf! Shoulder tweaked again. Said **** it burn out on some pushups. 71 consecutive. New high.

Deadlift @ 135 3x 8

Lower back raises 30 reps
Foward back extensions @ bw 25 reps

Gtfo outta there. Glad I dragged my ass in afterall.

TheStig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn son, look at all those pullups and pushups! Nice

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, not to try and blow you out or anything, but there is no way in the world your Dead and Squat should be less than your bench. I dead 465, squat 450 and bench 285. You have a fundamental misunderstanding of what you are doing in the gym.

Stop benching and start squatting and deadlifting. Two best muscle building exercises you can do and they will help your other lifts by releasing huge amounts of testosterone which will help all of your muscles...

disgustipated

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Today, feeling kinda sick still and shoulder throbbing...stopped in anyway. Was supposed to be our first day of new cycle but there was no way I could get through as most were chest excercises.

Instead .

135 deadlidts 3 x 8
40 seated morning glorys 3 x 8

Extremely light day. Giving shoulder a rest.

disgustipated

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
70 front squats 3 x 8
Leg press 200 200 290 ...3 x 8

Leg extensions 95 x 15...110x 12....140 x 12....185 x 10

Reverse hammy curls 50 x 15....65 x 12....80 x 12....80 x 10

Buddy wanted to top my pullup mark , busted out what I would call 36 half reps. To show him I could manage the same, I did exactly 36. I don't count them as a pr though.

Shoulder still tweaked.

disgustipated

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Low weight, Ab machine crunch downs ...went until failure...caught breath then pushed out as mang as possible.....repeated until dead.

Treadmill. 10 wu @ 12 min pace. Stretch. 15 min run @ 10 min pace. Easy.

Did same abs as before.

Mixed up workout through week as shoulder is still tender.

disgustipated

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Been slacking on updates but better on keeping a physical log. Got through half a week or.so of this new cycle with slight shoulder flare ups. Been keeping sets between 12-16 ish. Monitoring.weight with the added cardio. Diet is craap at the moment. Have lots of leeway to increase stuff here and there to get leaner.

I need to increase weight on few leg edcercises just to get the time under that weight started.

Today for fun I busted 81 pushups out. Seems kinda pointless now, my new goal of 100 consecutive. Then what lol. Can honestly see me hitting this very soon.

Through in some shoulder work...light weight high reps and some.lower back reps for endurance. These dudes in trouble for this 5k.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Describe the shoulder issues buddy, I've had my share of them and may be able to help. That's what we're here for.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Purefilth said:
Describe the shoulder issues buddy, I've had my share of them and may be able to help. That's what we're here for.
Dealing with an impinged bicep tendon in my left shoulder right now myself...have to just work around it...I can't do any type of pushing or overhead movement right now...really limits upper body work I can do...focusing on dips for chest, seated machine extensions for tris, machine preacher curls and hammer curls for bis, one arm rows for back...

Still killing deadlifts, just cranked 405 lbs almost effortlessly the other day with a bad shoulder for 5 singles...when it heals up I'm gonna be close to 500 quick...

disgustipated

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I believe I tweaked it attempting 300. I shoulda accepted the first fail but I tried two times afterwards because mentally, I physched myself up big time. Ever since then its been tweaked and seems to migrate down to my tri and elbow at times. My job doesn't afford me complete recovery either, super physical. Been trying to lay off any bench since then.

disgustipated

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
100 pushups today because I skipped gym. Got 70 plus decent form but had to Eek out the rest with rests at the top of the pushups, arms extended. Not sure if that counts really but I've surely not been able to approach 100 even with rests in one set before.

disgustipated

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Been so slack about updating this. I do workout I swear lol.

Today was leg day, remember some of the poundage is purposely low.

90 lb leg extensions for 15 reps, to warm up. 2 plates, deep back squat like 5 reps for warm up.

155 back squat 2x8. 1x12

95 front squat 2x8, 1x12

Leg extensions 110 x 15, 140 x 12.....drop to 80 lol x.15 reps....too low

Rev ham curls 50x15, 65x15, 80x15, 80x15 time to up poundage on this

Ab burnout on crunch down machine

Squats were hard on joints but rest felt good.

disgustipated

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Friday, busted a sub 14 min 2 mile tempo run in prep for upcoming 5k. Extremely hard effort for me, maybe over did it. Be happy with a sub 7 min 5k pace though.

disgustipated

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
21 mins and change for my warm up 5k race. Tough course too.

Think ill forgo my actual 5k race, satisfied knowing I'm in the 20 minute vicinity with very little training. And I don't want to be tempted into breaking 20 minutes because I've lost enough weight as it is. Sub 180 which is really light for me. Might jump in one or two mile races just to see how close I can come to 5 flat. Think I'm in 5:20 to 5:30 shape now.

Time to go on a long slow bulk, try to get some lifts up in weight. I'm thinking 200 lbs before I even think about a cut....I wonder what ill look like at that point.

disgustipated

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5:22 mile race tody. Satisfied. Would love to bust 5 mins as a 40 yo but I'm on to different things.

Btw tons of hot fit girls at the event. Not single though.