"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

Dilated Pupils

Salacious D

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 19, 2003
Messages
187
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Strawberry Fields
Having finished the last part of my Spanish final I left my classroom and went for the cafeteria of my school, which was nearly empty. I sat down near the first few friends of mine I could find, a girl, C, and a senior, E(who's about my [average] height, if it matters). I know that these two are just friends, they're hanging out, killing time. I sit next to E, across from C. I'm not sure if C is actually involved with someone else, a really cool guy that I know and like a great deal, but they do walk around together a lot. The situtation, from my perspective, is this--every time the pair is mentioned people make sure to add that they are not a couple. Anyway...

These two aren't really close knit friends of mine, but I do know them both, I like them both, and I'm fairly certain that unless they're both talented actors (C is actually going to play Miranda in the Tempest, and is, in my opinion, perfect for the part), they both like me as well. We eventually all start playing a game of Hide the Penis, which involves drawing out the most graphic image of a penis that you can, giving that picture to someone else, and then having that person work the said picture into something else. I changed one into a diplodocus, other examples include elephants, tall people with big, round shoes, etcetera. It's a lot of fun.

Background aside,

My sister tells me that C flirts with everyone--it's great having a cool, popular sister in High School--but it seemed to me at least that she was being a bit more physical with me than E, even though it was nothing extreme (like crotch rubbing). There was lots of eye contact, and I eventually got her to engage in a gazing contest with me (staring contest where you can blink but not look away), during which time I mentioned that her pupils were dilated. She then retorted that mine were as well.

Now, for as long as I've known this girl, I've liked her as a friend, never as a real love interest. I'm attracted to her, but I just don't see her that often and I've never really had the impetus to go after her, I guess. There's always been something else on my plate. Excuses aside, I've just never had a thing for this girl. I'd happily start up a relationship with her, if not for the circumstances that I already mentioned--her pseudo-boyfriend who's really cool, who I really like, for example. Anyway, both pairs of eyes were dilated. You know how I feel about her, now my question is, does that mean that she has a kind of equivalent feeling toward me? What do you think?

We're both going to be in the Spring Play, so if I feel like it I may go for her then, because there was an obvious interest in her there. I guess I'm just curious as to your opinions regarding dilated pupils. Thanks for reading,
Ian
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

RaMar

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2002
Messages
214
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
California
good friends are worth more then far featched possible dates. Thats a lot to gamble on dialated puples.
 

Salacious D

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 19, 2003
Messages
187
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Strawberry Fields
She isn't exactly a good friend, and for the moment I'm not really gambling anything. I'm just curious as to how much dilated pupils are valued.
 

Salacious D

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 19, 2003
Messages
187
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Strawberry Fields
Yeah, I forgot to mention, she had a joint hanging out of her mouth. Does that matter?
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Omega

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,135
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Originally posted by Salacious D
Yeah, I forgot to mention, she had a joint hanging out of her mouth. Does that matter?
You are kidding, right?
 

Salacious D

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 19, 2003
Messages
187
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Strawberry Fields
Nope, I'm dead serious. There was also a syringe loaded with some glowing green fluid sticking out of her left arm. I think she forgot to take it out. The skin around it looked kind of sickly, like someone had set it on fire and then just let the fire go out on its own. She's still pretty cool, though.
 

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
R3N3GAD3, he's telling the truth. Lots of people openly smoke weed on school grounds.
 
Top