Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Diet critique for Fat loss

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the past I have never really paid too much attention to nutrition other than to make sure I get enough protein, my philosophy was always just to eat as much as I could. Now I'm getting older I can't do this because the fat is sticking.

My aim is to lose the fat (which only seems to inhabit around the stomach and back area) whilst maintaining my lifts. I'm naturally skinny when not lifting so I would say I am an ectomorph body type, although I wouldn't say I am a hard gainer as I put on muscle fairly well. (and fat over the last couple years) I would say I am around 20% body fat.

I am 33 years old, 6 ft one and weigh 191 pounds. I read somewhere on this forum that when trying to lose fat I should aim for around 2500 cals a day and then drop 200 cals each week until I find a spot where can see the fat reduction working.

Here is my proposed fat loss diet.... (I am pescatarian so no meat apart from fish, meal 2 is postworkout shake)

To get an idea of my activity level:

I am mainly sedentary other than when I workout.

I workout usually 5 times a week and my sessions are as follows: (no chest session due to only having a squat rack at home to work with)

shoulders tricep
military press: 10 sets - 6 to 8 reps
shrugs: 5 sets - 6 to 8 reps
dumbbell tricep extensions: 10 sets - 6 to 8 reps
2 sets of press ups or military press (light weight) til failure

back biceps
chinups: 5 sets to failure
bent over rows: 5 sets 6 to 8 reps
powercleans: 5 sets of 10 reps
bicep curls: 10 sets 6 to 8 reps

legs
standing calf raise: 4 sets of 100
squats: 3 sets to failure (aiming for 30 reps but never reaching 30 reps)

I am open to doing low level cardio or hiit

Anyone got any pointers on this?

Last edited:

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Calories are too high. Also why 6 meals? Is that really going to satisfy you?

You should try intermittent fasting.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Taking into my body type (ectomorph) as well as my age weight height etc, this calculator suggests 2800 calorie intake:

Apparently ectomorphs are more tolerant to carbohydrates and need more than other body types

http://www.pitt.edu/~jsn18/main4.html

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Calories are too high? What would you recommend?
The food choices are not bad but you need to see how many calories YOU actually burn on a daily basis. Personally 2500 is closer to maintenance for me. If you want to lose 1 lb of fat per week, aim for a 500 calorie deficit once you establish your TDEE.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The food choices are not bad but you need to see how many calories YOU actually burn on a daily basis. Personally 2500 is closer to maintenance for me. If you want to lose 1 lb of fat per week, aim for a 500 calorie deficit once you establish your TDEE.
I have since worked that out (pic above).

I don't want to diet aggressively because I want to maintain muscle as much as possible as I don't have much muscle mass at the moment so cant afford to lose it. 2800 cals for low intensity fat loss for my stats: 192 lbs, 6ft 1 inch, 33 years old, male, moderately active with ectomorph body type. A lot depends on body type as well apparently. I need a lot of carbs.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Calories are too high. Also why 6 meals? Is that really going to satisfy you?

You should try intermittent fasting.
2500 calories isn't too high...but obviously your body doesn't like something you are eating...that's inflammatory weight you are gaining, and will continue to gain until you stop eating the offending food.

Charmaine

Don Juan
Reaction score
12 eggs in a day?! That's way too many. Egg yolks have a lot of saturated fat. If protein is what you want, just eat the egg white without the yolk.

Last edited: