Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

did the cop have a right to search my car?

TizZle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
lmao. all they got to do is bring in a drug dog and "use" it to get to a point to where they can search your car. you're kidding yourself if you don't think they can get a dog to hit on a part of a car even if drugs aren't present.

Zodiac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
backseatjuan said:
You're an idiot, sorry. :(
I'm an idiot? Says the guy arguing with a guy with a legal background and knows the police procedural. What's you background?

TizZle said:
lmao. all they got to do is bring in a drug dog and "use" it to get to a point to where they can search your car. you're kidding yourself if you don't think they can get a dog to hit on a part of a car even if drugs aren't present.
Exactly.

Jake_tha_Boss

Don Juan
Reaction score
don't say nothin to police, ask for a lawyer & be patient, don't let anything a cop says scare u, they will lie their asses off to scare u and get u to talkin

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This isn't even an argument. Cops or going to do what they want.... Whether they are good cops or bad cops... and I've seen both. Ain't no way around it.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The magic words: "Officer I cannot stop you but I DO NOT consent to a search."

Jake_tha_Boss said:
don't say nothin to police, ask for a lawyer & be patient, don't let anything a cop says scare u, they will lie their asses off to scare u and get u to talkin
Cops can lie to you. It's completely legal.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Indeed they can. One common lie is that you're an idiot for refusing the search, because they'll be back with a warrant in fifteen minutes. They will say "we didn't bring a warrant because they're so easy to get."

And here's some more magic words:

"I feel intimidated."

If the cops are wearing a recording device, which is common, those words will fvck up their day. That's because when the judge later looks at whether the search was legal, the two factors he balances against each other are 'informed consent to the search' versus police intimidation.

They record your voice so that they can catch you on tape giving consent. But as soon as you paint that tape with your poor helpless voice saying that you feel intimidated, they're never going to be able to prove the search was legal. And if it wasn't, then anything illegal they find is inadmissible against you as evidence. Typically, cops are smart enough to just turn around and walk away as soon as you say those magic words. I can attest from experience that it works very well.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
And here's some more magic words:

"I feel intimidated."

If the cops are wearing a recording device, which is common, those words will fvck up their day. That's because when the judge later looks at whether the search was legal, the two factors he balances against each other are 'informed consent to the search' versus police intimidation.
Hmmmm... excellent words. Hopefully I'll remember this when I need it.

Jake_tha_Boss

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
i know that but some people think police don't lie because theyre "looked up to"

Zodiac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jake_tha_Boss said:
i know that but some people think police don't lie because theyre "looked up to"
Always presume they are lying to you unless they show you proof they are not.