"The Kiss of Death Mistake"

You replay the conversation at 2 a.m. She texted back fast yesterday. Today, nothing. Was that smile friendly or flirty? What did the shoulder touch mean?

Every hour you spend decoding her signals drains your confidence and hands her the controls. Women can sense that insecurity from across the room — and it repels them.

One of the "22 Rules" kills the obsession on the spot: assume she likes you, and act accordingly. Sounds too simple. Works anyway.

Her interest tends to rise to meet your expectations. Psychologists call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Read more...

Did something stupid

B0redandl0nely

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 26, 2017
Messages
388
Reaction score
34
Age
35
Location
nyc
So I texted her asking if she's all done with finals and she replied. I then said "It'd be cool if we hang out sometime before your vacation (she's visiting family in Africa this summer). No response. I think I should have at least waited longer to attempt this. Or would it have not made a difference?
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

MillionBillionaire

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 24, 2013
Messages
953
Reaction score
447
Age
41
Location
Minnesota
So I texted her asking if she's all done with finals and she replied. I then said "It'd be cool if we hang out sometime before your vacation (she's visiting family in Africa this summer). No response. I think I should have at least waited longer to attempt this. Or would it have not made a difference?
It was over with the "PDA" comment. Just let it go.

In order to get good we need lots and lots of epic failures such as this one, witch wasn't even that bad.

I was invited over to the hotest girl I have ever seen's hotel room and I didn't go cuz she had a bf and I had a gf ... she called me at denny's wondering where I was.

I still punch myself in the face because of that every day. That was the last time a 21yo blonde has ever given me the dtf. Legit hb 10. Somewhere in the back of my mind I said... "no way she would actually f me." Lo and behold ... her friend said I fvcked up the next week, never saw or heard from them again.

Yours was nothing.

There will be worse.

Cheers!
 

B0redandl0nely

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 26, 2017
Messages
388
Reaction score
34
Age
35
Location
nyc
It was over with the "PDA" comment. Just let it go.

In order to get good we need lots and lots of epic failures such as this one, witch wasn't even that bad.

I was invited over to the hotest girl I have ever seen's hotel room and I didn't go cuz she had a bf and I had a gf ... she called me at denny's wondering where I was.

I still punch myself in the face because of that every day. That was the last time a 21yo blonde has ever given me the dtf. Legit hb 10. Somewhere in the back of my mind I said... "no way she would actually f me." Lo and behold ... her friend said I fvcked up the next week, never saw or heard from them again.

Yours was nothing.

There will be worse.

Cheers!
Well at least you had a gf, wtf is my excuse? What I did (or didn't do) was really gay. It scares me. You really think that comment was the deal breaker huh?
 

MillionBillionaire

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 24, 2013
Messages
953
Reaction score
447
Age
41
Location
Minnesota
Well at least you had a gf, wtf is my excuse? What I did (or didn't do) was really gay. It scares me. You really think that comment was the deal breaker huh?
More like the straw that broke the camels back.. I'm sure there was other stuff, your vibe oozes neediness for some reason I can feel it through my phone.

Your excuse, you lack experience, witch is fine, you are young.

Me on the other hand my head was full deep into PUA at that time, I had no excuse. I'm going to punch myself now.

all good.
 

B0redandl0nely

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 26, 2017
Messages
388
Reaction score
34
Age
35
Location
nyc
More like the straw that broke the camels back.. I'm sure there was other stuff, your vibe oozes neediness for some reason I can feel it through my phone.

Your excuse, you lack experience, witch is fine, you are young.

Me on the other hand my head was full deep into PUA at that time, I had no excuse. I'm going to punch myself now.

all good.
I'm not young, I'm 27. Wouldn't a needy person have gladly accepted the advance in that moment?
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

MillionBillionaire

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 24, 2013
Messages
953
Reaction score
447
Age
41
Location
Minnesota
I'm not young, I'm 27. Wouldn't a needy person have gladly accepted the advance in that moment?
I'm not going to pinpoint the source of neediness everyone else feels from your post, but It is there, I'm not exactly sure what your question is.

A socially awkward needy person is pretty much random, Does wierd shyt like the PDA comment.

I would kill to be 27. I didn't come into my own till about 34. I was pretty much a nice guy for 33 years.

You are fine, you got plenty of time. I got divorced around your age and had to learn how to socialize.


Hit the club this weekend bro. I know I am. I'm going to tell my gf to meet me there if she wants after work, cuz I'm a pimp like that.

cheers
 

B0redandl0nely

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 26, 2017
Messages
388
Reaction score
34
Age
35
Location
nyc
I'm not going to pinpoint the source of neediness everyone else feels from your post, but It is there, I'm not exactly sure what your question is.

A socially awkward needy person is pretty much random, Does wierd shyt like the PDA comment.

I would kill to be 27. I didn't come into my own till about 34. I was pretty much a nice guy for 33 years.

You are fine, you got plenty of time. I got divorced around your age and had to learn how to socialize.


Hit the club this weekend bro. I know I am. I'm going to tell my gf to meet me there if she wants after work, cuz I'm a pimp like that.

cheers
No I won't be fine. The PDA comment was weird and gay and I can't live with the fact I made it.
 

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 18, 2018
Messages
1,672
Reaction score
1,406
Age
37
Location
So Cal
No I won't be fine. The PDA comment was weird and gay and I can't live with the fact I made it.
Let it go man. Everyone can agree that it wasn’t the right comment to make at that moment because it didn’t do anything for you. You rejected her.

I don’t think you’re needy. I think you say things that make you weak. I think you need to look at why you’re putting YOURSELF down. And finally I think you have a performance mindset, where instead it should be a growth mindset.
Look at the actions you took that didn’t yield a positive result and instead of beating yourself up about it, remember it, so the next date you go on with a new woman, that won’t happen again because you learned from your mistakes - which everyone makes.
 

MillionBillionaire

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 24, 2013
Messages
953
Reaction score
447
Age
41
Location
Minnesota
Let it go man. Everyone can agree that it wasn’t the right comment to make at that moment because it didn’t do anything for you. You rejected her.

I don’t think you’re needy. I think you say things that make you weak. I think you need to look at why you’re putting YOURSELF down. And finally I think you have a performance mindset, where instead it should be a growth mindset.
Look at the actions you took that didn’t yield a positive result and instead of beating yourself up about it, remember it, so the next date you go on with a new woman, that won’t happen again because you learned from your mistakes - which everyone makes.
Needy or not, op just needs to realise we all make mistakes and he is better off than most.

I had one chode tell me out loud that he likes one if my F buddies he bought roses for.

OP will not be cluless like him.

She came outside when I called for an uber and showed me porn on her phone. If I wasn't drained from my gf I would have fvcked her just to mess with the chump.

he is like 80% of the guys out there. OP has hope, the guy at perkins does not.
 

sazc

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 23, 2016
Messages
4,468
Reaction score
3,402
You've posted at least three threads about this girl and your fvck up - that's NEEDY

if you weren't needy you would have listened to the advice you were given in the first thread, ingrained it in your pshyche, and moved forward with your life. Instead you are fixated, anxious and dwelling and that translates to NEEDY

Not to mention, you are stopping yourself from MOVING ON to other chicks by obsessing over this.

I'm getting bigdave vibes

The better play here would have been to no contact her. Wait and see if silence brings her interest level back up and she texts you, and take it from there.

No matter, it's done now. Let that shame go, learn the lesson, and move on
 
Last edited:

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

B0redandl0nely

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 26, 2017
Messages
388
Reaction score
34
Age
35
Location
nyc
You've posted at least three threads about this girl and your fvck up - that's NEEDY

if you weren't needy you would have listened to the advice you were given in the first thread, ingrained it in your pshyche, and moved forward with your life. Instead you are fixated, anxious and dwelling and that translates to NEEDY

Not to mention, you are stopping yourself from MOVING ON to other chicks by obsessing over this.

I'm getting bigdave vibes

The better play here would have been to no contact her. Wait and see if silence brings her interest level back up and she texts you, and take it from there.

No matter, it's done now. Let that shame go, learn the lesson, and move on
You're right. I fvcked up even more by texting her. What is wrong with me?
 

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 26, 2012
Messages
3,361
Reaction score
1,594
Age
43
So I texted her asking if she's all done with finals and she replied. I then said "It'd be cool if we hang out sometime before your vacation (she's visiting family in Africa this summer). No response. I think I should have at least waited longer to attempt this. Or would it have not made a difference?
you tried, good, you failed, good too, now you learn and do better next time with another girl
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

sosousage

Banned
Joined
Aug 22, 2017
Messages
3,547
Reaction score
1,219
Age
36
So I texted her asking if she's all done with finals and she replied. I then said "It'd be cool if we hang out sometime before your vacation (she's visiting family in Africa this summer). No response. I think I should have at least waited longer to attempt this. Or would it have not made a difference?
she goes to africa ride kangaroos?
 

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
8,637
Reaction score
6,557
Age
69
Location
The 7th Dimension
A man should never say “We should hang out sometime”.

He should say “I’m doing X this weekend. I’d like you to join me.”

Hanging out is weak. Women crave a man of decision. Have something to do and then tell her to join you.

Now the BABIES here will moan and cry and wring their hands if she says no. The MEN here will understand that the chemistry simply isn’t there so it’s on to the next.

OP, you are being a crybaby. You need to pull yourself up and stop this nonsense of fixating on one girl whom you barely know.

When you were a baby, just learning to walk, you acted more mature than you are acting now. You fell hundreds of times just like every other baby, and instead of whining and immobilizing yourself, you simply got up and tried again and again until you finally walked.

You need to STOP reviling the necessary learning process. Act, evaluate, and make corrections. That is the ONLY way you’re going to break out of your self-imposed prison cell.

You think you’re a special snowflake who can circumvent the normal human learning process. You imagine that you “should” do everything perfectly, unlike us mere mortals who are forced to learn as we go.

If you’re not good at something, then decide to learn and improve little by little. Perfectionism is a spirit killer.
 

B0redandl0nely

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 26, 2017
Messages
388
Reaction score
34
Age
35
Location
nyc
A man should never say “We should hang out sometime”.

He should say “I’m doing X this weekend. I’d like you to join me.”

Hanging out is weak. Women crave a man of decision. Have something to do and then tell her to join you.

Now the BABIES here will moan and cry and wring their hands if she says no. The MEN here will understand that the chemistry simply isn’t there so it’s on to the next.

OP, you are being a crybaby. You need to pull yourself up and stop this nonsense of fixating on one girl whom you barely know.

When you were a baby, just learning to walk, you acted more mature than you are acting now. You fell hundreds of times just like every other baby, and instead of whining and immobilizing yourself, you simply got up and tried again and again until you finally walked.

You need to STOP reviling the necessary learning process. Act, evaluate, and make corrections. That is the ONLY way you’re going to break out of your self-imposed prison cell.

You think you’re a special snowflake who can circumvent the normal human learning process. You imagine that you “should” do everything perfectly, unlike us mere mortals who are forced to learn as we go.

If you’re not good at something, then decide to learn and improve little by little. Perfectionism is a spirit killer.
So I looked weak and made things worse basically?
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Top