"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Did I play this incorrectly?

Knight of Roses

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 17, 2018
Messages
296
Reaction score
276
Age
40
Had a scenario the other day, wanted to get an opinion from the Don Juans.

Matched with a cute girl off Tinder, got number fast, and set up a Brunch date. I always confirm several before and she didn’t respond. Assuming she’s a low interest ghost/flake, I forgot about her. Two days later I receive an apologetic text from her and I respond with a cold, “You can make it up to me”. She offered a time and day but I just wasn’t really feeling it so I told her I wasn’t available till much later. No communication afterwards.

I’m not sure, I’m just turned off with women who don’t have the common manners to either cancel a date or respond in a timely manner. Do you all think I should have been more forgiving and put in more effort to schedule a date with her?
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 20, 2007
Messages
5,299
Reaction score
4,338
What you are really asking is should You adopt a one strike out rule.

Absolutely. Works well for me, and as the flaker gets the boot, I have more time to find other girls who show deference.

Consider also: if this is an OLD chick, you already have invested too much thought. These chicks seldom look great in person so here you are contemplating this issue with a girl whom you might not find attractive upon meeting.
 

backseatjuan

Banned
Joined
Nov 2, 2011
Messages
4,441
Reaction score
1,651
Age
45
Location
Россия
I too had a flake 3 days ago, girl is not off tinder, some other site, and I don't confirm, that's weak. About one strike policy tho, I'm gonna give her another chance, reach out to her, but for sex only. I might even flake on her this time myself, I haven't decided yet. Definitely, woman should not flake without notifying you in advance. Tho I think where I went wrong, and where you went wrong is setting the date over text messaging. I gotta start doing it over the phone, especially if the girl gives me her phone number herself.
 
Top