Decent Opener in the Field

DinoCassanova

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Out in the field this past Saturday night, at a club in downtown Chicago, I witnessed a friend of mine (who I always suspected might be a DJ in disguise) pull what turned out to be a pretty decent move. This is one I'll probably try on my own another time, and furthermore it worked so well that it caused me to change my "signature" here ! lol...... Basically, this buddy of mine seems to have taken IceCube's advice in that song I quoted to a T.

We were standing at the bar of this club, and there were a couple of pretty hot blondes ( typical club blondes, spray tanned, clunky high heeled shoes, you know the type I'm sure) and so anyway my friend kind of wedged his way in there (it was crowded) right up to the bar, and he's standing there right next to one of them. He looks at her and asks her what she's drinking. She says, "Stoli and cranberry" I think it was. So he says to the bartender, "Two Stolis and cranberry please". As the bartender's making them real quick the chick just kind of sits there, looking fairly pleased w/herself, probably glad she's about to get bought a drink (maybe not for the first time that evening), but she had this pissy look on her face and I could just tell that if he tried anything further w/her after buying her the drink it would just be basic politeness from her, at best, and she would then just either clam up to get him to leave, or just up and leave w/her friend. That was just the vibe I was getting; she seemed unapproachable pretty much. So anyway, when the drinks were done the bartender puts them right in front of my friend and her, and she goes to grab one as he's paying. He takes them both and he says, "Oh , no, I'm sorry.....these are for my buddy and I. I was just askin you what you're drinking cuz it looks like you come here alot, and probably know what's good." He hands me the other drink, turning about half away from her, and she says, "I don't come here alot actually." Conversation opened. We ended up talking to them and dancing w/them the rest of the night and I know he both kiss and number-closed her. I kissed but did not # close the friend. She's actually a pretty decent chick, but a real club/party girl , so not really my "type" overall. But anyway, I just thought it was a good line and figured someone else here might like to try it sometime and see how it goes, if you haven't done so already. ~Dino

DinoCassanova

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sweet!

>>> Yeah it was pretty slick. As much as I'd love to take credit for having done it myself, I have to give that guy credit for it. And, to compile some "scientific data" on this, I even ran it by a couple female friends last night while we were watching the world series game, and they both go, perhaps tellingly, "what a jerk! ....... that's pretty good though !" I said, what would you two do in that situation? And they both said they'd definitely start talking to a guy if he did that. Ironically they said that they would most likely respond pretty much exactly the way the girl at the club responded, " I don't come here alot." But once they do that, they've opened themselves for you, even if they don't realize it.

OneArmDeeJay

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I like that.

I'll have to try that sometime.

:up: