Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dealing with Karen

Albatross953

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So this question isn't really about dating, but maybe it's related. I work in sales, dealing with the public. Usually I'm top dog. My sales outpace 90% of my peers. Occasionally though I find a Karen.
For example, this week I did a transaction for a middle aged single woman. Post wall, lives in a run down apartment, drives a ten year old car. Has a 24 year old daughter who looks like a hooker. Karen makes a living as a spiritual advisor. (Really?)
She calls my boss today, and tells him I'm disrespectful for calling her Hun. Details everything about our transaction where I went above and beyond. My boss laughed it off. Karen wants another transaction, and wants a new rep.
Now, understanding that you can't win them all, I've seen this before. Washed up woman, latching onto a tiny complaint and blowing it way out of scale. Is she just angry at the world? Can she smell beta? Does she want me to be a jerk back? Does she want to take me to bed?
Honestly, working in sales for two years I've seen this maybe six times. All the same type of woman.

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don’t give this any more thought... she’s post wall and insane. As I progressed through my career and took on more and responsibility I realized this quote holds true... the lion doesn’t concern himself with the opinion of the sheep. You need to let things roll off you and have a short memory.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
It's common knowledge amongst many sales people that there's always someone who's gonna hate on you for any number of reasons.

It's also common knowledge that it's best to ignore them and assign another sales personnel to deal with them.

But it will be a problem if plenty of customers are complaining about you...

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At what age do women become Karens? 35? 40?

Karens are more prevalent at certain household income levels too.

I would define a Karen as a 35-54 year old white woman who is....

a) married and resides in a household with a income of $100,000 a year or more. Husband, like a beta, likely makes more of the money. Likely has children. Has a BA/BS degree or higher.
b) Co-habits with longer term boyfriend. Childless. Income $100,000/annual +. Both partners work. BA/BS degree or higher.
c) a divorcee or never married with an income of $80,000+ and/or higher net worth household. Childless. Women with wealthier families can become Karens if their parents are higher net worth and they don't make their own money. even BA/BS degree or higher.

In the case of the first post here, that is likely a ~50 year old. Unless she was getting immense alimony payments or had higher net worth parents, a spiritual advisor typically doesn't make enough money to start to act like an entitled brat. Living in a run down apartment and driving a 10 year old car isn't typical Karen behavior.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So this question isn't really about dating, but maybe it's related. I work in sales, dealing with the public. Usually I'm top dog. My sales outpace 90% of my peers. Occasionally though I find a Karen.
For example, this week I did a transaction for a middle aged single woman. Post wall, lives in a run down apartment, drives a ten year old car. Has a 24 year old daughter who looks like a hooker. Karen makes a living as a spiritual advisor. (Really?)
She calls my boss today, and tells him I'm disrespectful for calling her Hun. Details everything about our transaction where I went above and beyond. My boss laughed it off. Karen wants another transaction, and wants a new rep.
Now, understanding that you can't win them all, I've seen this before. Washed up woman, latching onto a tiny complaint and blowing it way out of scale. Is she just angry at the world? Can she smell beta? Does she want me to be a jerk back? Does she want to take me to bed?
Honestly, working in sales for two years I've seen this maybe six times. All the same type of woman.
1. Avoid. 2. Hand off to your boss or supervisor 3. Go sell

If you must, be close ended Q. Lead sale. Exercise plausible deniability ie waa closing other sales so, i froze her out. Obv don't tell your boss.

Its a time suck. Disregard. put on ice. Always. Subtle and never direct. Always indirect.

Chalk it up to a life lesson. The corporate world is full of Karen's. You know that type. Body positivity, don't need no man, fish bicycle, girl power and bulking season between man hating or bashing their hubby.

They will bait you. Pay no mind. Aim for entrepreneurship. Aim for side hustle. Aim to sell your product. Your biz. Blend in. Don't seek war but know that war is always on the horizon.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don’t use terms on endearment like “hun” on any woman you aren’t fvcking. Even if your intentions are good it can be perceived as harassment. This is me too era. Just call her by her name or “ma’am.”

Reaction score
Don't assume that she wants to be addressed as "ma'am." She may be feeling like "sir" that day. Use the creature's name.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Don’t use terms on endearment like “hun” on any woman you aren’t fvcking. Even if your intentions are good it can be perceived as harassment. This is me too era.
Yeah sadly that's true.

Don't assume that she wants to be addressed as "ma'am." She may be feeling like "sir" that day. Use the creature's name.
Agreed. I think "Ma'am" may be an outdated term at best (outside of the military or maybe parts of the south?) and not appreciated at worst because it makes her feel really old.

Probably best to use Ms. So and So initially until she says just call me "XYZ."

Last edited:

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At what age do women become Karens? 35? 40?
In my opinion, Karen's can exist at any age. It generally happens when they don't have any more redeeming features. Some start out as Karen's.

Women that are either post-wall, obese, or anything that repulses men to them are the one's that become jaded and bitter and any opportunity where they feel they have some ammo, they will use.

For example, I see fat/ugly women in the workplace flex their muscle using their title at work to put down people because they know that's the only place they feel empowered. The know damn well on the streets that they are nothing but fat cows to everyone.

Same thing you see where these b1tches try to flex their muscle on service workers because they are paying for a service with their money and it's the money they have power with and often complain the loudest, not because anything is necessarily wrong, it's just because they can and it gives them a sense of empowerment.

Just my $.02

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed. I think "Ma'am" may be an outdated term at best (outside of the military or maybe parts of the south?) and not appreciated at worst because it makes her feel really old.

Probably best to use Ms. So and So initially until she says just call me "XYZ."
No. She’s just a bvtch if ma’am is offensive to her. That’s one dispute HR will take your side on.

dark god

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol "karens"...met a ton when I worked at a hospital